Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Croft Manor

by Lord of Darkness Posted 10th Apr 2011 at 2:19 PM - Updated 11th Apr 2011 at 4:50 PM by Lord of Darkness

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:32 PM
Gorgeous Work! I absoluely love TR, and you theres no need to be modest; This is the best Croft Manor around!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:59 PM
awesome!!!!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:54 PM
Very nice job!! You can tell you spent time making it authentic!!! Rock it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:40 AM
The best rendition of Croft Manor there is. Well done!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:56 AM
Wow! Playing anniversary now, in the trilogy pack. I can't believe you recreated it so well in game!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:10 AM
Congrats! Its easy to tell how much work you put into this and it really looks awesome
Great job on finally completing your mission
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 12:46 PM
It would be ironic if it had a tomb in the basement
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:42 PM
That looks awesome! Great work :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 7:03 PM
I just bought the tr trilogy on ps3 and started to make my own version of croft manor and it looks like crap compared to yours.

amazing work!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 7:21 PM
That`s great! I rarely see such great houses.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gogolinopz
That`s great! I rarely see such great houses.

I see a lot of huge houses like this that I'd love to put in my game.. But I'm always wondering if my computer will be able to handle it. I have a powerful computer but I don't want to see my game crashing, lagging or loading indefinitely because of the size of my houses. If someone have experiences with such houses, please let me know.. maybe I'll be able to enjoy big houses, palaces and castles in my game too..
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 3:14 PM
Default What do you consider powerful?
Quote: Originally posted by mimi250
I see a lot of huge houses like this that I'd love to put in my game.. But I'm always wondering if my computer will be able to handle it. I have a powerful computer but I don't want to see my game crashing, lagging or loading indefinitely because of the size of my houses. If someone have experiences with such houses, please let me know.. maybe I'll be able to enjoy big houses, palaces and castles in my game too..

Depends on what you call powerful. I have a decent set up; i-920 cpu, 12Gb ddr3 ram, Nvidia GeForce 260 1.8 Gb ddr3 Vram, pushing a 23" Alienware FP running the game at 1024 x 768. It just looks better to me at the default resolution, all settings on max. I could run this house without a hiccup. So, it just depends on your system. Good simming to you!

By the way, Lord Of Darkness The Pic's look great! I am dl'ing and lloking forward to playing this Mansion. I love to build, and love big houses with lot's of character! Thanks for your effort!

Edit: To add thanks to Lord Of Darkness

Burn The midnight oil, it will be daylight soon...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:16 PM
I'm wondering, how does a creator start on a project like this?

Do you print pictures? Do you have a dualscreen, one with the sims and the other with the internet open? Tell me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 7:15 PM
you made it so well great job only one problem i downloaded it and instaled it but its nowhere to be found in any city what now?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 3:38 PM
Thank you a lot guys! i'm glad you enjoyed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lydocia

Do you print pictures? Do you have a dualscreen, one with the sims and the other with the internet open? Tell me!

well, as i said i've already done a Croft Manor for TS2, so i already had quite an experience with this. I have a lot of images of the manor which i captured from the game; so i had open TS3 and pictures of the real manor and TRL manor at the same time, and sometimes also TRL or TRA game when needed to search for missing details. but all of this using just one screen. with a fast computer there's no need for a dual screen, you just need to minimize the windows.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robertino
you made it so well great job only one problem i downloaded it and instaled it but its nowhere to be found in any city what now?

maybe you need to actualize your game. have you checked it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:31 PM
I've done this before in Sims 2, or tryed to. The anniversary manor cause I'm such a big Tomb Raider fan. I must say, WELL DONE!!! I know how much work goes into it. Cant Install yet, I'm a few exp short. Cant wait to play it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lydocia

Ooops. I totally forgot the most important thing! first of all, i made some studies at TS3, then i planned everything about the walls, how every place would match with each other... just after that i started to build.
If you wanna something great you need to plan, not just start to build and see what you get.
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord of Darkness
maybe you need to actualize your game. have you checked it?

i have every game thats out here and updated till the fullest checked everyting agian still i cant find it
maybe a silly question but we do mean sims 3 right
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robertino
i have every game thats out here and updated till the fullest checked everyting agian still i cant find it
maybe a silly question but we do mean sims 3 right

yeah, it's sims 3. I honestly don't know what's the problem. try download and install again. if it still don't work i can send you a different file and well see what happens. it's all i can do.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 3:46 PM
Default Just maginificent
Man, I must say, this is awesome!! But, didn't Lara have a study desk in her room too or is it just in my imagination? Lols, probs just me. Anyway, about the underground... I actually dowloaded a 'ramp' kind of thing to extend from basement to the ground floor. I bet it will look awesome on the manor. I'll do that now so it will look realistic.

All in all, you are excellent and nice job! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:02 PM
Good job!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 5:20 PM
Thank you
Page 1 of 2