Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Brownstone Bohemian Apartments

by KirsiF Posted 10th Apr 2011 at 2:44 PM - Updated 23rd May 2011 at 8:50 AM by KirsiF

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:47 PM
Very cute, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:33 AM
That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing this beautiful lot :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:03 PM
LOVE IT<3
thank youu.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:51 PM
I'm glad you like it. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 5:36 PM
Nice! Love it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:49 AM Last edited by Helper Monkey : 16th Apr 2011 at 5:21 AM.
Great looking lot!
However, I can't for the life of me get this to show up in game.
I've installed many homes before and this problem is new.
After installing the lot with the game launcher and absolutely ensuring it shows as "Installed", I go in game and can't find it there. So I exit, double check the launcher, and it reverted to not being installed. (It does this every time I reinstall it)
Any ideas?

EDIT: Got a work-around. I just moved the file from the DCCache folder to the Library folder after installing it from the game launcher. It shows up in game afterwards.
Just leaving this here in case anyone else has the problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 7:33 PM
Most beautiful lot I've ever seen!!!!! Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 2:21 AM
oh, my goodness i love the this house specially the way u put the pool and the hot tub....
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th May 2011 at 6:28 PM
I need help downloading this amazing lot!

I've got very much the same problem as 'Helper Monkey' ~ it says the lot has indeed 'downloaded' only to find the lot isn't actually in the game when I start it!

The download isn't in the DCcache so I can't move it :'( Even when I do move it it STILL won't show up.

I own all of the expansion packs needed.

Help! D:
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th May 2011 at 3:06 AM
Yeah, I get the same issues...I tried d/l several times, just to have the same problem..LOVE the home, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:41 AM
I'm very very sorry you are having those problems. It must have something to do with my launcher - it hasn't been working properly since Ambitions no matter what I try to do with it (several reinstalls etc).

I have tried to google why the launcher is borked and how I could fix it but so far nothing has worked. One thing I could do is try to upload the download straight from my library but I have no idea if that would make any difference - or if it's possible to upload lots in .package format.

I will try to find out a solution and I'm very sorry I can't be of more help right now!
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th May 2011 at 5:02 AM
Good luck with fixing the problem, keep us up to date and don't stress, I know I'll be downloading it once a solution has been found..I know how hard it is to find solutions and fix problems.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th May 2011 at 5:02 AM
and thank you for at least giving of your time to try and find a solution
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:53 PM
I agree, thank you very much for dedicating some time

So, far I'm still having the same issue,

have you guys had any luck?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th May 2011 at 6:33 AM
I haven't had the time to do much with the problem since a family member has been ill, but I will let you know as soon as I find a solution.

I have found directions how to upload lots in .package format and the next step I'll make is to open a blog and upload all my houses there in that format straight from my game library. Will keep you posted and thanks for patience!
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th May 2011 at 6:38 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that

Okay, thankyou :D

All the best!
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th May 2011 at 3:14 PM
Default Not working
Quote: Originally posted by sporting101
I'm very sorry to hear that

Okay, thankyou :D

All the best!

Still not working when I try to download...Were you ever able to turn into a .package or find another fix for the problem, because it really is a great building
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th May 2011 at 8:36 PM Last edited by KirsiF : 21st May 2011 at 5:13 PM.
I did find a way to upload lots in. package format but I haven't had the time to even open the Sims during these last few weeks. However, I plan to upload all my lots in .package format on my home page as soon as I have the time. (I have many lots I haven't uploaded here, so I'll make those "public" as well.)

I will post in this thread as soon as I have done that. I'll be very busy for the upcoming few weeks but after that I'll have more time. Thank you for your patience!

Okay, I did it today anyway. Here's the link to my blog:

Link
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st May 2011 at 5:49 PM
Thank you sooooo much, the package thing worked!!!! I put it in library like you said and it's now in my custom houses Very happy...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 5:55 AM
Ack help! Neither work for me. I have everything, and it shows up under downloads, installs and everything but the second the game starts it disappears. Tried the .package and it doesn't work.
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HavanaLove
Ack help! Neither work for me. I have everything, and it shows up under downloads, installs and everything but the second the game starts it disappears. Tried the .package and it doesn't work.

I have the same problem! it's sad because it's suuuch a pretty building
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 2:14 AM
Any update on this download? It is just beautiful and want it for my new vampire sim.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 11:55 PM
Default Not Working...
Quote: Originally posted by iamgodesstosims
I have the same problem! it's sad because it's suuuch a pretty building

Mine does not work either
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:40 PM
Any way to acquire this magnificent building? The files are still not working :/
Page 1 of 2