Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

From Maxis To Mine - Modern Manor

by fling-89 Posted 15th Apr 2011 at 2:06 PM - Updated 20th Apr 2011 at 3:27 PM by fling-89

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 2:41 PM
Gorgeous house! Unfortunately when I try to install it, I get the following error message:

System.NullReferenceException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Sims2Pack_Installer.Util.getFolderName(String fileName)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage.GetItem()
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2Sims2Pack.RecognizeFiles()

No idea what any of that means. I downloaded it twice though and both times I tried to install, I got the same error. Help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 4:16 PM Last edited by lala10land : 15th Apr 2011 at 4:16 PM. Reason: i dont like it
Hi.
Thank You Very Much. It's a nice house.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:44 PM
WOW they should have made it look like that instead of the crapfest in game it is now lol

seriously nice work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen858
Gorgeous house! Unfortunately when I try to install it, I get the following error message:

System.NullReferenceException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Sims2Pack_Installer.Util.getFolderName(String fileName)
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage.GetItem()
at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2Sims2Pack.RecognizeFiles()

No idea what any of that means. I downloaded it twice though and both times I tried to install, I got the same error. Help?

I'm totally puzzled on this too. Did you download WinRAR and the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer? Also you have to open it with WinRAR and extract the file and then open it with the Clean Installer and install it that way. Hope this helps if not let me know
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fling-89
I'm totally puzzled on this too. Did you download WinRAR and the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer? Also you have to open it with WinRAR and extract the file and then open it with the Clean Installer and install it that way. Hope this helps if not let me know

Yes, I did it just as you described. I've tried re-downloading it several times, but I keep having the same issue. I hope I can work it out because it truly is a beautiful house.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:33 AM
What a beautiful house! nice work, but I've tried re-installing it several times but when I try to install it, it doesn't install, says ERROR or something like that :/
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:16 AM
This is a lovely manor unfortunately i've tried downloading is several times however it errors - that same problem as Karen858 and Gooh by the sounds of it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:34 PM Last edited by MoccaPlayer4 : 16th Apr 2011 at 5:08 PM.
awesome job! I always find Maxis' houses very bland and unnecessary.

Unfortunately I'm having installation problems too. I downloaded it as a package file and double click to install as i do with all package files and it fails to install every time.

Also, I love your houses, but they are all on big lots. Any chance of you making one on a 2x2 lot?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:47 PM
I'm not sure what the issue could be aside from possible a broken or missing file. I will try to figure this out for you all. Thank you for bring this to my attention and please be patient. I will make a note in the overview regarding the issue once it's been resolved so you all will know when it's fixed
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:52 PM
Okay I downloaded it and opened it with WinRAR and double clicked on the sims2pack file the same way others who download it would and error messages do pop up but it doesn't prohibit me from installing the lot. The only messages I'm getting are saying certain CC packages already exist and then I am asked if I want to replace them. I clicked yes to all and then it said the lot was successfully installed. I'm puzzled even more. Can someone please let me know specifically what the error messages they receive are saying?
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:19 AM
Well, the transformation is amazing! I love your modern version. The interior colors are so pleasing! Fling's back! yay!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:29 AM
I like your version waaay better. When I replace my Glamour Life Stuff, I will totally be playing with this house. :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
fling, you can see the error message I get word-for-word in my first post. Once I clear the error message out, it does come up on the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer as though I could go ahead and install the lot, but it only includes maybe half a dozen of the CC items you list, and I haven't wanted to proceed any further in case there was something seriously wrong that might trash my game. I hope you get it figured out because, again, it's an amazing lot and I'd love to be able to play it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:21 AM
fling, you can see the error message I get word-for-word in my first post. Once I clear the error message out, it does come up on the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer as though I could go ahead and install the lot, but it only includes maybe half a dozen of the CC items you list, and I haven't wanted to proceed any further in case there was something seriously wrong that might trash my game. I hope you get it figured out because, again, it's an amazing lot and I'd love to be able to play it.

If I am understanding you correctly, you're saying that once it opens in the Clean Installer it only lists half of the CC I've included? If that's true than I assure you it should be fine to install. When I was cleaning it in the Clean Installer before I compressed it into the .zip file it only listed half the CC after I resaved it upon removing the unused recolours. But it does install with all the CC. Also you said it appears as though you could install it but didn't wish to proceed as a precautionary. I encourage you to proceed with the installation but first back up your files, just in case. I would feel terrible if I told everything would be fine and then you lost all of your in-game lots and whatnot. So just as a precaution, backup your files first
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:11 PM

I didn't have any installations problems but I too only saw about half the CC listed, just so you know.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
I didn't have any installations problems but I too only saw about half the CC listed, just so you know.

You got it to install properly though?
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 12:31 PM
So I installed it with the listed CC and, well, EA stuff shows up OK, but the rest of the house is either flashy blue or just plain (plain walls, etc.). I'm planning on redecorating it myself, though, because the shape of the house is amazing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ausra
So I installed it with the listed CC and, well, EA stuff shows up OK, but the rest of the house is either flashy blue or just plain (plain walls, etc.). I'm planning on redecorating it myself, though, because the shape of the house is amazing.

Oh you'll need the CEP to get everything to show up right. You can find it here
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fling-89
Oh you'll need the CEP to get everything to show up right. You can find it here

I have CEP, because my downloads folder is full of objects that need it.
Here's some screenshot, so you could see what I meant.

Front Kitchen Living Room Clean Installer
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 3:31 PM
To everyone who had troubles with this lot: I repackaged the lot and replaced the broken .zip file with a new one that should work. Please let me know if it is still acting up though. Aside from accidentally removing CC packages I shouldn't have I can't see why it would be messing up in the first place. So please re-download it and let me know what happens
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 2:29 PM
It looks like that may have done the trick. I re-downloaded the file and, when I double-clicked to install, there was no error message and it looks like all the CC is showing up in the Clean Pack Installer now. I haven't installed it yet to try it out, but there aren't any problems so far. Thank you for all your efforts!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:40 PM
I LOVE this collection. I'm really bad at decorating so when I see amazing houses furnished on here I go on a downloading frenzy.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 2:57 AM
@ Karen858: YAY thanks so much for letting me know
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 2:57 AM
Also to everyone I'm happy you all enjoy this lot
Page 1 of 2