Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Flavel House - Astoria, Oregon

by apluper Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 2:30 PM - Updated 26th Apr 2011 at 9:12 PM by apluper : Wording/Grammar
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 8:38 PM
OMG! You did such a wonderful job on this recreation of the Flavel House. I spent a small portion of my childhood in Astoria, Oregon and still have family there today. I love looking at all the lovely old houses and wishing I could live in them. Now I can, through my sims! Thank you so much for creating this historical landmark, it truly is beautiful with so much character.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 8:56 PM
Your welcome. I love love love the Flavel house. We live in Hillsboro and travel to Astoria often. This home was a task to make!! The next house I am doing, is even more interesting. Thanks for loving it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 9:00 PM
Ohmigosh, I love it. I can't wait to play it! In fact, I'm so impatient that as soon as this is done downloading, I -
*goes and plays game, leaving you hanging*
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 9:00 PM
This is fantastic! Very well done!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 11:48 PM
Oh Wow!!!!! I love the Flavel House as well! Thank you so much for your hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 2:19 PM
I love the clothing that was on you sims in the pics. Where'd you get it? Wonderful house.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 2:38 PM
This is amazing! Thank you for your hard work and details! <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 1:47 AM
This is a beautiful build. I live in Vancouver, Wa., and went to Astoria often as a child. I usually go to Cannon Beach now, but I think I'll have to head to Astoria on my next beach outing to do a drive by of the house. LOL
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 2:16 AM
It is totally worth it!! I am obsessed with Victorian Architecture and I nearly had a heart attack in this home.. it is beautiful! And the last time I went it was only $5 bucks for the tour! So it's definitely worth it. My partner works at SW Wash Medical Ctr in the ER, we were thinking about moving to the Couve.

Cheers!
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 3:35 AM
This is absolutely gorgeous! I have a bit of an infatuation with Victorian anything, but especially the architecture. I love it =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 8:08 PM
Ahh, this is my favorite town in Oregon! Wonderful job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 11:24 PM
Graduated high school in Vernonia in the early 70's. Spent much time between Astoria and Canon Beach. Always loved this house and was able to visit it a few times.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:38 AM
We were in Vernonia a few months ago! Did the whole Twilight tour thing.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th May 2011 at 1:49 AM
Lovely work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th May 2011 at 5:53 PM
Its beautiful!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th May 2011 at 4:48 AM
Absolutely gorgeous. I was looking for a Victorian with a brighter color scheme for my 6-person Sim family, but I'm going to download this one anyway so I can use it for a different family in the future. I suppose I could edit the colors in build mode, but this house is just too beautiful to touch.

FABULOUS job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:24 AM
Love the house, but the clutter is painful. Hard to get a good camera view without having something blocking it. And I see you made it really hard to change some things around, lol. I tried adding a basement and it took nearly 2 hours to get the stairs right and everything back in its right place, lol. Apparently you just laid in on "moveobjects on" cheat, lol. Still a good house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:59 PM
awesome