Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:07 PM Last edited by addict12 : 4th Feb 2012 at 9:01 AM.
Default Not so Simple Sims 3 legacy Challenge! (Updated For Generations)
Welcome to the Not So Simple Sims 3 legacy Challenge! <- Title subjected to change.

Yes! The challenge is temporarily called, “Not so Simple Sims 3 Legacy Challenge!” In this challenge, I will cover all expansion packs. Be sure to read the rules below. Note: I don’t own all the expansion packs. Only Ambitions. I’ll try my best! All other expansions will be heavily based on: Current Knowledge, Studied Material, Previously viewed “Let’s Play” of The Sims 3 and Good-Old-Assumptions. I’ll really appreciate any help. I’ll try to be as thorough as possible, like the TS2 Legacy Challenge (the best ever made).

Why am I doing this? I feel like there hasn’t been any great legacy challenges (only but a few) made for TS3. By this I mean that many of the TS3 legacy challenges had been simple (still fun) and quickly (if not easily) completed. I don’t want a damn near impossible challenge that would drive me up the wall. I just want something that’s fun, lengthy and slightly more challenging. So please, enjoy yourself. There will always be updates: YOU CAN COUNT ON IT! Since it’s still under work, I present to you: Mostly BG (Base Game) and Ambitions. However, WA and LN is mentioned for those who might have it installed.

Next up: More challenges, point systems and un-lockable places/rewards for Late Night and World Adventures
Afterwards: Generations and Unleashed (Releases October 2011)

Click the links below for more information:

The Rules (Post 1)

Services & Lifetime Rewards (Post 2)

Scoring Points (Post 3)

Mini Challenges (Post 4)

If you find the text to be too small, you may copy and paste the content to whichever word processor you have installed and enlarged font size.

Please, don't re-post this challenge anywhere w/o my permission or I'll be sad. D:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2011 at 1:45 AM Last edited by addict12 : 3rd May 2011 at 3:43 AM.
I'm almost done with some of the legacy challenge. There should be enough for your Sims to do until I make more updates for Late Night and World Adventures. However, for now this challenge covers mostly Ambitions and Base Game.

There are some mini challenges and points earned if you do have with LN and World Adventures installed, but I feel like it's not enough.

If you have any requests, suggestions or comments please post here. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2011 at 2:53 AM Last edited by addict12 : 30th Jul 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Alright, the legacy challenge is now available! Check first post!

Here are some additional notes ( I'm not sorry for double posting ):

* I will be using this thread for mostly announcements on updates about the challenge.

* I'm looking for people (at least two persons) that can help me add more ZING to the challenge. You will be credited for your contributions. Thanks! :3

* As much as we LOVE screenshots, please do not have over five screenshots in one post. (waiting for pictures to load can be slightly annoying)

* Feel free to advertise your legacy blog or blogs. I absolutely love reading legacy stories. *smiles*

* Please make sure that pictures are not so huge that they stretch the page. 600x600 should be a good enough size, yes? Not too big...medium is just right.

* You may LINK as many screenshots as you please.

* Please be respectful of other simmers.

* Please don't create any thread drama. We're all trying to have fun. No one deserves to feel uncomfortable.

* Now enjoy! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2011 at 8:21 PM
Update:
Ye Ole Mean Bast**d Challenge is completed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2011 at 7:50 PM
Update!:
Unlocking lots are now optional! :3 You may now choose if you wanna play the challenge with locked or unlocked lots.

New mini challenges will be added on Wednesday (05/18/2011)
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th May 2011 at 11:45 PM
I am starting a new legacy according to these rules! I have found the EA games rules incredibly too simple, and this gives a perfect mixture of the old Sims 2 legacy flair with the new Sims 3 style Good luck continuing the rules...I am a fan.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2011 at 9:20 AM Last edited by addict12 : 22nd May 2011 at 11:19 PM.
Thanks. I didn't put up the new challenges because I was still in the mist of testing them. Hopefully I can have them ready Sunday (Today - 05/22/2010).

Locked Lots/Services/Lifetime Rewards (Post 2) Update!
LOCKED SERVICES ADDED!

Locked Services: Here’s how to unlock locked services. (+10 Points for every unlocked reward!)

Maid - Three non-heirs of generation 7 must have the slob trait.

Butler - For four generations straight, heirs must marry someone famous that’s star Level 4 or 5 (this is the only exception to the marrying a rich sim rule).

Nanny - If heir of any generation has twins or triplets.

Fast Food Delivery Services (Pizza/Chinese/Etc) - One sim of generation 2 must be overweight and have the “couch potato“ trait.

Repairman - Founder(s) must master the handiness skill.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2011 at 6:40 PM
New point system added!

Money:

+001 for each 1,000 simoleons earned to household funds (earned multiple times)

+010 when reaching 10,000 simoleons in household funds (earned only once)

+020 when reaching 30,000 simoleons in household funds (earned only once)

+030 when reaching 50,000 simoleons in household funds (earned only once)

+050 when reaching 100,000 simoleons in household funds (earned only once)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:57 PM Last edited by addict12 : 8th Jun 2011 at 7:38 AM.
New mini challenge added!

The Poverty Challenge: Must start this challenge at the Founder(s) (Generation Zero) stage (if you choose to do this challenge).

Check the link in the first post called, "Mini Challenges" for more information! ENJOY!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th May 2011 at 4:49 PM Last edited by addict12 : 30th May 2011 at 5:42 PM.
Xanga is down for maintenance today. Sorry for the inconvenience. ( ^-^) I should post the challenge on other sites in case of things like this. <- Made a noob mistake.

Update: Xanga is back up again! In case something like this happens again, it'll be available on another site. XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 7:25 AM Last edited by addict12 : 8th Jun 2011 at 7:55 AM.
There will be an update for Generations sometime this week. Most likely on 06/10/2011. Enjoy.

The Green Thumb Mini Challenge will be edited so that's more practical for players with not-so-strong desktops/laptops.

Two Mini Challenges will be completed and added on 06/11/20.

The Poverty Challenge Edited. Can now only have a max of 5,000 in household funds. No Cars and Bikes allowed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 11:07 PM
Sorry for not making the update. It's been hard trying work on this alone. And I get a little busy doing other things. XD
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:05 PM
I'm not planning on trying this anytime soon, because I'm not that good. However, I'm enjoying reading it and have some questions.

rule 12 - Can anyone in your household invent or buy (post-gen 4) a Simbot? If a non-heir buys it, does it move out with them? Am I right that a child would have to die for you to get a ghost, since the only adults are the Heir and Artisan Non-Heir?

unlocking Body Sculptor - Is there a way to tell if your Sim has lost weight? I've used the body sculptor and not lost weight. I mean, the Sim didn't lose weight, that I noticed. I also didn't lose weight, but that's no surprise. And the Sim I used it on was (I think) at the top of Athletic and Martial Arts. I thought he had the athletic trait, too. And I'd already bought him Fast Metabolism.

Firefighter scoring - Can you upgrade your own fire truck? How? Are your home fire alarm and the ones at the station actually different? I got the impression that upgrading any fire alarm upgraded them all. Or is it just less if you do it from home because you can do that any time?

Misc. points -
+25 for each toddler that earns at least one skill or +25 per skill? at least one skill point or maxed?
+10 for a teen outside before curfew? Like, every day the teen goes to another lot besides school and work but gets home before curfew?
What counts as neglecting a toddler/child? (This is listed separately from the social worker taking them.)
Does doing late homework in school count as completing it, if you finish before the school day ends?

Green Thumb Challenge - This sounds like a lot of plants by the end. Have you tried it? Do you need several gardeners each generation by the end? Do you put them all right next to each other, with no walking aisles? Am I asking cheaty questions? Also, do I have to have one Green Thumb every generation to revive dead plants?

Iron Chef Challenge (I'm guessing "chief" is a typo) - It sounds like you start with cooking maxed. Can you start already knowing recipes, or do you have to read them all in the 20 weeks? Can you have already collected them all?

Allied Household Challenge - Do you count the points once every time you do it? Once per relationship? Only count relationships at the end of the Heir or Artisan Non-Heir's life? (If my Heir becomes acquaintances, then friends, then good friends with Johnny Ally, then it decays to distant friends, then I get the relationship back up to good friends, then best friends, how do I score that?)

Bastard Challenge - No questions, just laughter.

Poverty Challenge - Do you only have to repay 20,000 total? That is, this number includes the interest on the loan? Does generation 0 have to repay the whole loan? Is five generations of poverty the maximum you can score for? Or is there a reason you have to stop being poor after that?

Sorry this was so long. Also sorry if I asked something you answered already.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:38 AM Last edited by addict12 : 29th Jul 2011 at 10:02 PM.
@About Rule 12: Sims before Generation 4 MY NOT own a SimBot. If your sim happens to invent one (for some reason), move out your simbot or whatever possible to rid the household of the Simbot.

@Unlocking Body Sculptor: You can just tell. For example: Like firefighters. When a sim, who are of normal body types join the firefighter profession, they become rip after awhile because of the consistently working out on the treadmill. My fat sims had lost weight like that before.

@Misc Points:
“+025 for each toddler that learns a skill from playing with toys (with blocks or xylophone).” Only +025 for EACH TODDLER that learns a skill from with playing toys. That’s it. They earn nothing from maxing it out.

“+030 if teen is outside before curfew” I meant to put “AFTER” not “BEFORE” Sorry.

@Firefighter:
About Alarm: Yeah, you’re right, I should remove that.
Yes, you can upgrade your personal fire truck. Your sim wins it as a reward after reaching a certain level in the firefighting profession.

@Green Thumb:
I made a post stating I would edit that challenge since I found it a little impractical. Only HEIRS/The Founders can tend the garden for this challenge. If they have the green thumb trait, they’re allowed to revive plants. I had big gardens before, so I was under the assumption that other simmers' computers can handle it. XD

@Chef Challenge:
You can start this challenge if the chosen sim already maxed their cooking.

@Allied Household:
You may add points while you’re playing or during the end. It doesn’t matter. Whatever works for you. However, I don’t understand the rest of your question. If they become a distant friend and then back to being your friend, you don’t earn points for it. You already earn points for being their friend and lost points because they became your distant friend. Understand?

@Poverty Challenge:
The 20,000 simoleons DOES NOT include the interest of the loan. If you miss a payment or make a partial payment, your sim is at risk of increasing the amount they already owe. By the end of the challenge, the goal is to just pay off 20,000 at the very least. The score varies per player. At the end of the challenge all restrictions are lifted. That’s it. They can get jobs and whatever. No, generation zero doesn’t repay the whole loan, it’s reason why this challenge is generations long.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 9:55 PM
This challenge sounds awesome!!! I'm a little nervous but I'm going to give it a try :-)
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 10:06 PM
keeping score looks close to impossible though :-(
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:11 PM
Whoa, this seems really fun! I may start it

Just a question, is there any problem if I translate your rules to Spanish, and post them on my Sims blog? (I'm just about to create it, I have the hole idea, but I won't be "online" until my exams finish -.-) I will credit you, of course. I just want to translate them, in order to "spread the word".

PS. Be ready, probably I have some ideas to add to the challenge... jeje
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 10:03 PM Last edited by addict12 : 29th Jul 2011 at 10:32 PM.
Sure, let me make some edits. XD

I'm making the update for generations today.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:15 PM
The Rules (Post 1), Locked Lots/Services/Lifetime Rewards (Post 2) and Scoring Points (Post 3) have been edited and updated for Generations!

Mini Challenges:
The Green Thumb and The Poverty Challenge were edited and slightly changed.

Poverty Challenge: *New - Your cannot make a payment more than 200 simoleons! Sim may request a increase in billing if sim makes more than TEN timely payments. You may increase payments by 200 simoleons per request. You may only make THREE requests each generation.
*Sims MAY NOT build: Bedrooms BIGGER than 3X3, Bathrooms BIGGER than 2X2, a SECOND floor (no multistory homes allowed for this challenge), Basements, Ponds, and Pools. (NEW)Living-room, Kitchen and other miscellaneous rooms BIGGER than 5X5.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:27 PM
Announcements:
New mini challenges -

*New mini challenges that might be added this weekend or next:
Master Prankster, Mr. Mysterious Gnome Family, The Talented Chemist, The Gnome Collector.

*Challenge(s) to be removed:
THAT HOME-WRECKING -BEEP-!! Challenge (status: abandoned)

*Challenges to be finished:
The Diligent Painter Challenge.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 9:47 PM
humm, has this challenge been abandoned or no? it's had no posts in a while?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 1:29 AM
Not really. I just been busy lately.

Edit: I lost my testing family so I will start over again. I noticed points are difficult keep up with. I'll try to make everything more general.

I guess I could set up the new challenges now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:02 PM Last edited by addict12 : 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Announcement: I'm going to completely re-edit the scoring system so that it's easier to follow. This will followed by few other updates. Please wait three to four days before starting this challenge (again).

Removed: Money and Miscellaneous scoring was removed.

Altered: Profession scoring made simpler.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 6:23 PM
The founding gene part Is pretty hard. I had the chance to pick 1st babys traits at birth but couldn't remember moms traits. All the other babies didn't let me pick. Finally I got to pick youngest kid's very last trait and made her my heir.

WWW.Elvis2010.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 8:15 AM Last edited by addict12 : 4th Feb 2012 at 8:59 AM.
Yeah. that's the not so simple part. It's not a 100% chance that you'll be able to always pick the child's traits. I'm currently testing out the scoring. It'll help if can let me know how it's working for you. There are a lot of additions I'm working on for the most recent EPs, such as Pets.

Edit:

If they have a good childhood, you'll more than likely be able to choose their next trait.
It's good to pick one founding trait that you can remember.
Page 1 of 2