Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:49 PM
Fps Limiter: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15092.0.html
3Booter and the fps limiter is in the second post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=15585.0

To see if it is working, type in the cheat code "fps on" and there is a number in the corner of the screen telling you how much the game is using. I used to have it to 200 - 500 fps and now it is around 20 - 50 fps.

@avatar: I wish I had Sims 2 installed so I can have him in my game. He is so adorable. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
Fps Limiter: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15092.0.html
3Booter and the fps limiter is in the second post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=15585.0

To see if it is working, type in the cheat code "fps on" and there is a number in the corner of the screen telling you how much the game is using. I used to have it to 200 - 500 fps and now it is around 20 - 50 fps.

@avatar: I wish I had Sims 2 installed so I can have him in my game. He is so adorable. :lovestruc

Thank you SO much for the info, birdyfly!!! I'll go try it out!

Aw, it's too bad you don't have the Sims 2 installed, but you can check out some other photos of hamster hound here :

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=308716

I love hamsters so I made him even though he behaves like a dog.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I know it's a small thing, but the car animations. Would it have really cost any man hours to program a sim walking outside, opening the car door and getting in?

Cars driving thru each other?!

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:57 AM Last edited by clay4kelly : 20th Jun 2011 at 12:34 PM.
I know it's already been said, but let me reiterate... the baby life-stage is such a let down.

I loved raising all kinds of families in TS2 and i was hoping for a huge leap forward in TS3, but instead, babies took a huge step backwards. Babies in TS2 had so many more interactions and LIFE - they burped after you fed them, you could bathe them, change their nappy on the change table, heck i even miss their vomit... they even received TOYS by the end of the series (from the store) and they were adorable - like that bouncy chair and the floor mat thing. They giggled and wiggled around in their crib with their actual human limbs. So cute i wanted to love-smoosh their faces.

In TS3 they're not even human... but rather stumpy, larva, wormy things... that can't do anything.... and have an adorable factor of 0. I don't understand why EA couldn't put them in a little bodysuit thing, so they'd at least have a human shape and seem more life-like. You can't even tell their eye or hair colour. They're such a pointless life stage and it really disappoints me because I used to adore my bouncy baby in TS2.

Anyway.... i guess not many people cared as much as i did and that's why they were toned down so much...
Test Subject
#55 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:21 PM
I think for me I don't like *certain* rabbit holes. I don't mind the rabbit holes for work or school, because when you have a big family it's sort of like, "well I'm controlling another Sim anyway." The ones that bother me are restaurants and shops. I wish it were like TS2 where it was an open location where you could choose what you wanted to eat and see everything inside, or see wtf you're buying.

Another thing: I miss sending my Sims to college. I loved the university aspect of TS2, and I was so sad to see they took that out of TS3. I don't have Gen, so I don't know if they brought it back, but.... Still.

It also disappoints me that you don't get special career reward items. That's so lame!
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:31 PM
The game stopping bugs.

Like the mystery invention bug, which pops up randomly, after all the work you put in leading to it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
In TS3 they're not even human... but rather stumpy, larva, wormy things... that can't do anything.... and have an adorable factor of 0. I don't understand why EA couldn't put them in a little bodysuit thing, so they'd at least have a human shape and seem more life-like. You can't even tell their eye or hair colour. They're such a pointless life stage and it really disappoints me because I used to adore my bouncy baby in TS2.

I know exactly how you feel!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:27 PM
The memories.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller
Field Researcher
#59 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:05 PM
... they even received TOYS by the end of the series (from the store) and they were adorable - like that bouncy chair and the floor mat thing. They giggled and wiggled around in their crib with their actual human limbs. So cute i wanted to love-smoosh their faces.

Wait, what bouncy chair and floor mat thing??? Toys from the store???
Field Researcher
#60 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:21 AM
For TS2, not the TS3.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:19 AM
the only thing that consistently irks me (besides the constant bugs and glitches and EA's apparent inability to put out a game that works as-is...but i digress) is the TS3 relationships as opposed to the TS2 relationships. it just seems unlikely that if one sim likes another sim, they will inevitably like the first sim back. what ever happened to classic unrequited love? sometimes i want my sim to have to work to get another sim's affection! it seems too quick and easy this way. i liked TS2's separate relationship bars, and the turn-ons and turn-offs.
also, i miss seasons and university, and some of the supernatural elements (aliens! werewolves!), but these things could and might eventually be fixed with an expansion pack. i'm actually surprised by how much i miss the aliens and werewolves, as i never really used them when i had them in TS2, but now i'm missing the variety they added to the town. especially alien abductions. i loved watching my sim's entire family sob in the backyard because their father disappeared, and then having him come back with a baby on board.
Instructor
#62 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:36 PM
I agree so much about the baby thing! That is one of the big reasons I lost interest in Sims 3 -- the larva babies and the creepy children. They seemed to have no personality or fun factor, VERY unlike the sims 2 babies and children. In fact, the kids in sims 3 just creeped me out -- their expressionless flat faces made me think they were posessed by demons or something. I really like my babies, toddlers and children in my sims 2 game -- they are quirky, fun, energetic and very, very cute! They have tons of personality and are just so fun to play -- they really make playing families seem worthwhile.
Cheers, Vllygrl :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
the only thing that consistently irks me (besides the constant bugs and glitches and EA's apparent inability to put out a game that works as-is...but i digress) is the TS3 relationships as opposed to the TS2 relationships. it just seems unlikely that if one sim likes another sim, they will inevitably like the first sim back. what ever happened to classic unrequited love? sometimes i want my sim to have to work to get another sim's affection! it seems too quick and easy this way. i liked TS2's separate relationship bars, and the turn-ons and turn-offs.

I'm adding onto my original post about the relationship thing too because I think it's unrealistic and difficult for me to have fun making stories. Like if I have two sisters, I want the evil one to dislike the good one, and good one like the evil one or other things like that. Can't wait until I get my other computer fixed so I can play sims 2 again. This thread makes me miss it so much! ^o^
Field Researcher
#64 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vllygrl
I agree so much about the baby thing! That is one of the big reasons I lost interest in Sims 3 -- the larva babies and the creepy children. They seemed to have no personality or fun factor, VERY unlike the sims 2 babies and children. In fact, the kids in sims 3 just creeped me out -- their expressionless flat faces made me think they were posessed by demons or something. I really like my babies, toddlers and children in my sims 2 game -- they are quirky, fun, energetic and very, very cute! They have tons of personality and are just so fun to play -- they really make playing families seem worthwhile.
Cheers, Vllygrl :D

I agree. I stopped playing TS3 a few weeks after it came out because i was so discouraged & upset by the larva babies. Obviously i've come back now, but it continues to bother me so much. I miss my TS2 bubs with their burps, baths, toys & limbs
Forum Resident
#65 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall

I miss this too. I miss having crushes and one-sided relationships. It made it interesting and added more realism/drama to the sims romance.

I wonder if there is a way to mod the relationship panel so it can be one-sided again.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:53 PM
Here's my list:
1) Apartments for 1 household only
2) Lack of normal restaurants and cafes
3) Body shape of elders (their limbs are always stick-thin, very disproportional to their torsos). Also , the way faces transform from teen to YA and from YA to adult (sometimes a nice-looking young adult becomes ugly as adult)
4) No singes in music bands, no DJ:s in clubs, how can it be?!! (yes, I have the microphone cloned from a mirror, and a DJ-booth, but this is not as cool as having those things properly functioning in game< EA should have given us those things, I think)

There are more things to dislike there, but many of them are fixed with mods and hacks, more or less (I actually fix my sims when the become ugly after entering a new life stage, MasterControler enables making the fix very easy, but still, EA should have made it better)
Field Researcher
#67 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
For TS2, not the TS3.

I know, but I haven't seen any bouncy baby thing or the mat thingy. Unless you're referring to the bouncing baby swing made by a modder here at MTS? I think she also made a little tricycle for the toddlers - that was fun.

P.S. Forgot to mention - I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the Sims 3 babies! When it wiggled I thought,".....ew!" :p
Scholar
#68 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Munchies
I know, but I haven't seen any bouncy baby thing or the mat thingy. Unless you're referring to the bouncing baby swing made by a modder here at MTS? I think she also made a little tricycle for the toddlers - that was fun.

P.S. Forgot to mention - I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the Sims 3 babies! When it wiggled I thought,".....ew!" :p

this bouncy baby thing....lol

Field Researcher
#69 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
this bouncy baby thing....lol

I haven't seen that! Where did you get it???? :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Scholar
#70 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:05 AM
well since the official site is now gone....just do a google search for Sims 2 bounce chair... you just might find something
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Munchies
I haven't seen that! Where did you get it???? :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

...they even received TOYS by the end of the series (from the store) and they were adorable - like that bouncy chair and the floor mat thing.

You should be able to get them from MATY now, right? I didn't know that these even existed! So adorable! :O
Scholar
#72 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:54 PM
I agree with all of the above and will reiterate:

Rabbit Holes for restaurants and stores and movie studio (this should have been an ambitions style profession--especially with the celeb factor in game)
limited/bland relationship interactions
No singers in bands and no karaoke for clubs
No dj booth
Hands free parenting -- no going to fridge to get baby bottle or having to pick them up after, no bathing babies and toddlers, limited interactions with kids, no scolding to do homework or clean room, etc...
Toddlers unable to draw or be bathed
Larvae Babie (no limbs, no burps, no baths)
kids can't play instruments
Needy (sleep/eat/bath/socialize -- should do that on their own time) and bad service people (maids, butlers, babysitters -- omg! do your job already!)
fancy dives for diving well but no diving board
over-hyper curfew police
Really bad hair textures
That all elders are hunched over (really?)
limitation of cars (no music, talk, make out) and funky execution (pop in-pop out, disappear, stall and be abandoned--a lot)
Lack of complete window sets (privacy, counter hieght, full length, double)
poor selection of indoor plants

etc...

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
#73 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:10 PM
the biggest dissavantage in sims 3 is the lack of real restaurants . In Sims series the restaurants were probably the most enjoyable public activity and I can't believe they cut it out completely.I miss the part where the waiter lead you to the table and took your order...and having other npc's dining in the restaurant, chatting at the table and ordering... it felt like real life . I hope an expansion pack will fix this.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:05 PM
Amongst other things many people have already said.. music types... Whatever happened to heavy metal?
I wish indie could be changed to acoustic, and have alternative aswell.

I'm gonna actually repeat this, 'cause it irks me majorly.. Singers. I'd've thought that'd be a essential thing in a band, given popular culture. If people were just playing repetitive music for 2 hours, I'd walk away. I wish there were songs that the band had to learn together/make up and the deadline was the day and time of the gig. If they didn't manage it, or if they're crap then they should be able to be booed off the stage.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#75 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:47 PM
The constant bad patches, and the actual trouble they cause coz we have to got through our CC every time we do update, and pray against hope the updates are released to your favorite mods.

and don't even get me started on the constant useless expansions, which basically drain your pocket money and HD space, coz we get suckered in every time.
Page 3 of 19