Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BV Log Rolling Skills & Fitness Patch

by Sophie-David Posted 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:39 AM - Updated 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:03 PM by Sophie-David : Text formatting

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 5:54 AM
Very nice, thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:11 AM
Great! I use the log in every park. Now it's more useful. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 1:16 PM
As it should be...

THANK YOU!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:12 PM
Super awesome and super useful add to our games. Thank you for sharing with us!!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:57 PM
Another of those "what were they thinking?" things. My Sims never do log rolling, simply because I haven't seen the point when there's (almost) nothing in it, so to speak. But now there is, thanks to you, so there's going to be a lot more logs rolled in my 'hoods! .
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:05 PM
Thank you for the warm encouragement!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 9:37 PM
Great! I was just about to load up my game when I realized I had not checked for new MTS downloads. I am so glad I did because I will be taking the household I am playing to one of the parks I made in Pleasantview today.

It really makes me happy to be able to offer another means of gaining body skills on my community lots for my sims, because I get bored otherwise. The log rolling was never one I used much. This mod changes that, so I am sure it will get much more use.

I think I will even go make another park when my game loads thanks to this new helpful mod!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 4:46 AM
Good job!
Now when I'm bored and want to torture my Sims by making them log roll for hours on end, they'll get something out of it, too.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 2:51 AM
Thanks for better versimilitude for our log rolling sims.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 3:41 PM
Thanks for the thanks - chesirekat, Deatherella, and Cat - I hope you do enjoy the patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 1:55 PM
does he get that muscles when gaining the body skills?
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deutssa93
does he get that muscles when gaining the body skills?
While this patch does enable the Log Rolling object to build fitness, the model's muscles are due to the Marvine & BeosBoxBoy Bodybuilder body type.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:29 AM
Yay! Perfect hack. That's one thing that's itching me about a lot of Free Time and Bon Yovage stuff: no skill or interest building. I'm itching to fix that myself, and I'd be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of the right tutorials - there are so many that I'm a bit scared to sift through them all. (BTW: my, that is a good-looking Sim on the log there. Body builder skin?)
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:19 PM.
Well I didn't really use a tutorial, but studied the skill, fitness and enthusiasm code in EA objects. If you study the coding for this particular object - or even better the axe throwing object which originally offered no skill gain at all - it should help. I tried to keep the skill gains comparable to similar EA objects so as not to upset game balance.

Yes, Sir Miles is a Bodybuilder.

Thank you for the encouragement, deutssa and alchemist.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:12 PM
Great object patch and great screenshots as well :-)
Thanks a lot for sharing!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 4:09 AM
You're welcome makabear. Too bad Sir Miles didn't achieve his Bodybuilder shape just by log rolling!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 4:32 PM
That would be too cool :-) (If Sims could actually build muscles and not only change the skintone to "fit" which is such a joke...)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 10:48 PM
This makes sense to me ... too bad it didn't make sense to EA! Thanks!
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
This makes sense to me ... too bad it didn't make sense to EA! Thanks!
Yes, I don't understand EA's logic at times. Thanks for the thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 7:20 AM
I am all for consistency and common sense! Thanks for providing this for the log rolling.
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:13 PM
You're welcome!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 10:22 PM
This is something I have been looking for, for a very long time. And to think it has been here all this time. Thank you.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 11:16 PM
You're welcome Rusty.