Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 2:58 PM
I love the winter season, that's why I built a polar research station hood! I just wish there was a way to change the weather patterns and temperature for each season.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:32 PM
simwardrobe.com's seasons and weather controller may help.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:36 PM
The game slowdown in winter is my least favorite part - I avoid hosting parties in winter and still have occasional crashes, particularly during heavy snowfall or when a Sim's temperature drops enough to become pale. For that reason, it's my least favorite season - but I like all the new interactions, from snowball fights to snow angels. (The other annoying part is that my Sims can't build a snowman by themselves without having major temperature drop.) I run the game on a decent computer, but winter still gives me problems.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by belamancer
I love the winter season, that's why I built a polar research station hood! I just wish there was a way to change the weather patterns and temperature for each season.

ooooo - pictures!

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#30 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:48 PM
I hate lightning, especially since I seem to have acquired a bug which means trees don't extinguish so I am stuck with them for days until I delete the tree but then the fire stays so I have to exit the game and then go back in!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:17 PM
My original seasons for play >>> Spring -> Summer -> Autumn -> Winter
My favorite seasons >>> Summer -> Autumn -> Spring -> Winter

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Undead Molten Llama
#32 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:51 PM
I love winter. Which is funny since I live in a place where we get winter overload. But it just looks so pretty in the game with the snow on the houses and stuff, especially because I don't have to plow it and drive in it. And I just love the snowmen that mean Sims build. Granted, when it's winter here in real life, I tend to play a neighborhood where there is no winter. But that's not because I find winter annoying; it's because I need a mood boost.

And yeah, I find summer more annoying because it rains far too much. I mean, I've lived in places back East where it thunderstorms all night long, but it didn't tend to do that EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's gotten to the point that it's not as much fun sending Sims to Twiiki Island because it's always summer there which means it rains all the time, so I often send 'em to the Far East or the mountains instead. (OK, I know: In real tropical places, it rains a lot...but, again, usually not all day, every day.) Yeesh. I need a "less rain" mod, if there is one.

And springtime when playing Romance Sims can drive me stark raving loony. I end up talking to/yelling at them.
"No, dear, you can't go on another date. You need to go to work."
"No, dear, your girlfriend is tired. No more woohoo for you. At least until tomorrow."
"God, will you stop with the Booty Calls, already!" (Gotta love ACR. )

My family thinks I'm crazy. Well, all but my daughter, the other Simmer in our household. She just laughs at me.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 9:36 PM
Winter? Right now I hate it. If it would just snow--I have so many muddy children's things to wash . . . oh, you mean in game. My computer can handle the graphics and I have Pescado's hack that fixes the temp thing so it's fun. (My kids wish they were sims. Maybe this weekend's storm will snow instead of rain. It's January--we should have three feet of the white stuff!)
Undead Molten Llama
#34 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
It's January--we should have three feet of the white stuff!)

You, too? Our "autumn" was brutal with the snow, but once Xmas (And my son's wedding, of course! ) was done, it apparently decided to become mud season. (What the non-Rocky-Mountain world knows as "spring," of course. ) Weird. I'm constantly casting suspicious glances at the mountain we live on, just waiting for the avalanches to start that USUALLY don't start until late April. Every time I hear that crack, I cringe... What is this, I ask?

*ahem*

Oh, and I realized I forgot to complain about a season: Autumn. I like the skill-building boost, and it looks pretty...but I hate the leaf-raking thing. However, I discovered that no more leaves fall if you leave raked leaf piles where they are. So, I leave leaf piles until the first day of winter, so only one leaf-raking session per year.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 10:47 PM
Sunbee, iCad, you two must have all our cold air! North Texas is having a ridiculously warm winter so far, with wild swings. For instance, today the high temp was 76. Tomorrow will only be 56 for the high, but Sunday, it'll be back in the 70's again. Hard to complain about balmy, sunny days, but damn, I want some WINTER, at some point this season!

As for the game, even though I've seen more winter in my game than any other season (due to an obsession with the Apocalypse Challenge), I still love it. I love ALL the seasons. The only thing that bothers me about winter is frozen ponds preventing my sims from fishing, and that's just a minor annoyance.

Rain and thunderstorms, love 'em! Probably because I love them in real life, as well. There's no sound I like better in the middle of the night than thunder, except maybe a train in the distance.

If I had a least-favorite season in-game, it would probably be summer. This mirrors my real life preference also, as I'm not a fan of heat when it's combined with humidity, as it too often is where I live. In-game, sims having to limit outside time so they don't overheat can be annoying. Funny that seeing them get cold outside in the winter doesn't bother me nearly as much.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:37 AM
Winter doesn't bother me too much. It's the leaves in Autumn that drive me nuts. So nuts that I NEVER have trees on my sims lots unless they are Evergreen.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:38 AM
while winter sometimes causes major lag I do like it. I've also noticed that during each season the weather can vary. Like one winter it may snow a lot and the next maybe less. Makes the weather realistic for me.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:01 AM
Winter was undoubtedly the most interesting time when I did my Zombie Apocalypse sims. (I'm on a sims break right now) Surviving without freezing to death while gathering food was hard as hell. It can get so desolate, it's perfect.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:36 AM
Winter is my favorite thing about the Seasons expansion pack! Although, I really don't like winter in real life.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:39 AM
Just like in real life, I like winter in the game. I like snowball fights, making snowmen and snow angels, and I actually think the penguin is quite cute. The only thing I don't like about winter is that you cannot fish. It would be cool if their was some kind of ice fishing hack or something like that. I hate summer (just like in real life) and usually leave it out of my seasons in the game. My seasons in the game normally go winter spring fall spring. I could see though how winter can make things a bit boring because you have to stay indoors more because of the cold temperatures.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:50 AM
yeah you have to stay indoors but one of my sims had a case of stupid and decided to go for a dip in the pool during the snow storm. I was like are you serious?
nothing happened to her either didn't freeze or nothing just came back inside as if nothing happened.
Instructor
#42 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 12:00 PM
I like the snow, the fights with snowballs, and when the Sims becoming colder and colder
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minpinz
yeah you have to stay indoors but one of my sims had a case of stupid and decided to go for a dip in the pool during the snow storm. I was like are you serious?
nothing happened to her either didn't freeze or nothing just came back inside as if nothing happened.
The pool is heated. One of the graphics options, when enabled, will show steam rising from the pool, especially when it's snowing.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:18 PM
I really love the seasons, and especially winter and autumn. They are the most special of them, even though the leave racking can get on my nerves!
I don't like summer or spring, there isn't happening that much in those seasons! Especially in spring, I think is should rain more. My simmies have very nice weather in spring compared to the rain in Holland here!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:25 PM
My newest neighborhood, Simaicos, has only summer-summer-spring-spring because it is a tropical island. I would've put fall in, but I know a Floridian who thinks that one or two dead leaves is an exciting fall, so no fall for Simaicos!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#46 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:25 PM
I love winter except on apartment blocks it slows everything down and It crashes sometimes due to silly non selectable apartment dwellers going pale blue. Otherwise it can be annoying in a small non foundation house when the snow gets deep and I can't even click on that toddler toy near the wall easily due to the snow blocking the view. But coming from Australia where we never get snow I love having my sims play in it and how it all looks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Banned
#47 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:33 PM
I find fall more annoying - the leaves pile up too fast.
IRL winter is my least favorite season. Wish the game let you fish when it was cold - people actually do go ice fishing.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:37 PM
I like the winter, but it keeps throwing memory crashes at me (heavy lots...), so I only play winter if I really need to. I mostly keep the lots on spring, and turn off rain/weather with a mod, unless I really need it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#49 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:42 PM
Quote:
but it keeps throwing memory crashes at me

Maybe this is what I'm getting on apartment blocks because playing those in winter is driving me mad. It takes me a good 20 minutes to re-load and one time it crashed 1 minute after reloading the apartment. I've learnt to save lots during apartment rotations. They still sometimes crash in other seasons but winter is particularly bad.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#50 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:57 PM
Snow is heavy on the graphics, which I learned the hard way. Remember those purple-flashing lots I posted pics of? Snow.
If you turn off weather before saving, you're a bit safer. I use the green vase from paladin's palace.
Page 2 of 4