Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Barony 1x2 Merchant Cottage: POTTER

by StephSim Posted 27th Aug 2011 at 2:37 PM - Updated 15th Sep 2011 at 9:37 PM by StephSim

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:36 PM
Love the outdoor crafting area, up on the balcony. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:51 PM
Thanks! I had been looking all over for a house (a decent house, that is) for my merchants to live in, but I couldn't find one. All the medieval houses you create are amazing and stick to the theme very well.
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 9:00 PM
I really like your lots, but I really think that they have too much custom content in them. Can you make unfurnished lots?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by child_of_air
I really like your lots, but I really think that they have too much custom content in them. Can you make unfurnished lots?

Use the clean installer to install your lot package, and then you can pick and choose what you want to install! Good luck...

Steph, my friend, once again...AWESOME JOB!!!! Beautiful as always!!!

Thank you! :D

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:20 AM Last edited by StephSim : 28th Aug 2011 at 8:33 AM.
Cat,
I created that with you in mind! You notice the intricate little details. There are two more merchant cottages on the way. One for a Blacksmith and the other is a 3 story jewel for a Seamstress (on the first floor of the main house) and a Cooper (in the barn). The later has a home business version and is quite profitable when playing!

Marabell Lotus,
You are welcomed! As I just said to Cat, there are 2 more on the way. Also, these may be helpful too with a bit of redecorating using the roofs, walls and floors of your choice. http://www.modthesims.info/d/418738. Enjoy the lots!

child of air,
Since the purpose of these lots is to give medieval Simmers ready to play lots, the use of CC is pivotal. I try to stick to the same CC for most of my lots so most of the items are already in your game if you download much of my Gwrych collection. In addition, I try to use Maxis recolours when possible. A lot of the CC I use is also very small in size as it is simple decorative things that bring medieval to life. For the Gwrych series, I honestly cannot make apologies for the CC. It is necessary.

BUT...if you really like a lot design, as jbeach suggested, what you may wish to do is to use the Clean Installer, click on the "Type" tab to sort the objects by type, and "un-check" everything BUT the Lot Segment, Terrains, Walls, Floors, and Ermelind's roof (file called Holzdach). I would also add the objects in the (Maxis) Recolor folder included in the zip. It includes doors and counters and such. You will then have the shell that you desire. Of course it will need a bit of decluttering when you enter it for the first time.

jbeach,
You are most welcomed and thank you for the input and the compliment!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:53 AM
great! although alot of custom content is requird
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 4:10 PM Last edited by StephSim : 29th Aug 2011 at 4:37 PM.
MrSuperSims
Thanks for the compliment.

You do realize you don't have to collect the CC yourself, it is included in the lot? If you prefer not to use CC, there is always a solution (see above Post #6 response to child of air).

*****************************************************************************************************************************************
About CC
With that said, I'm not going to respond to comments about Custom Content. It's easy to get on bandwagons about Custom Content, EPs used, etc. For every person who is a Lot Purist (anti EPs, CC, etc.) for whatever reason, there are others who are not. But, my designs are not about that ongoing personal battle. MTS allows for CC and I don't exceed their parameters when creating and uploading my lots. While, I have adapted my "medieval" lots for posters over time, these are player ready "medieval" lots and much of the CC has been created for use in these lots. It's like saying to Picasso that his cubist work is too shapely! If you like and can use the lot, download it. If you want to remove the CC, do so. It really isn't difficult. But please don't flood my threads with CC banter. As I will not respond to it from this point on.

Now, back to finishing up this Gwrych project for me!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 6:03 PM
Do I have to say it?
Brilliant!
Thank you!
:-)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 5:12 AM
You are welcomed.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 2:53 PM
I am the kind of simmer you make this stuff for. I want it all and I love all your work.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 5:53 PM
Thank you sincerely, kamra61! Do enjoy the lot!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 4:24 PM
Loving your creations!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:31 PM
The best of building up a medieval neighborhood, Elliegal.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 1:14 AM
thank you