Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Farhan Safi - A Pashtun Sim

by Hellfrozeover Posted 13th Nov 2011 at 10:13 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2017 at 12:37 AM by Hellfrozeover

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 12:34 AM
I'm very impressed by how lifelike and original he looks - and he's very good-looking too :P. I'd love to have him in my game, thank you for making him and for sharing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 12:56 AM
Dayum he's fione. xD.
Lalalalalalala love him.
He will eventually make adorable babies with my also, misunderstood sim.
(She's 8 at the moment.. Whoops >_>)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:10 AM
I really like him, but I'm wondering something. Is he wearing the pants from Late Night? If so, you might need to change the requirement. Last time I downloaded a sim on here that had an expansion pack clearly needed, my game crashed in CAS. Just letting you know incase someone runs into the problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:40 AM
he looks like my uncle haha!
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinury
I'm very impressed by how lifelike and original he looks - and he's very good-looking too :P. I'd love to have him in my game, thank you for making him and for sharing!

You've echoed my thoughts, word for word!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 2:23 PM
Great job.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 2:46 PM
Oh, he is a hot deal.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:44 PM
Oooh, thank you for sharing him. I love that he isn't the A-typical handsome sim <3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:04 PM
He's a cutie, nice job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 9:15 PM
He looks good!
Reminds me of Ezio Auditore a little... Me loves :P
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 3:03 PM
Telishathompson Often creators package the sims with base game meshes only (I always do that), even if in pics they'd wear EP/SP content (it's a sim download after all, so the clothing isn't really that relevant, the styling in pics to me is just about representing and complementing the story and style of the sim). So this is handy because anyone can download the sim without downloading a bunch of other CC they wouldn't download otherwise, just in order to make the sim work.
But this of course needs a very clear mentioning, like "this sim is packaged with base game clothing and hair".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 4:40 AM
Very nice! Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 3:23 PM
Great work!

Your sim is the first one I've looked into that I've noticed uses custom sliders (the ones by Jasumi and aWT) and I was wondering if these are required to be installed for the sim to look correct?

I have little knowledge of custom sliders, but I'd assume without them installed the sim would not have the correct appearance? I was wondering especially as I'm considering releasing a sim I made, but think I might further benefit from these sliders first.

If they're a requirement, particularly aWT's, then it may affect whether I decide to use them or not (for my own sim, that is).

Thanks very much!
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 12:40 AM
Thanks for all the comments I'm glad you like him.

Telishathompson - From what I remember, he's packed base-game but I'll double check.

Maeldor - He'll look as he does as long as you don't try to change any sliders in CAS...I'm not 100% on pass-downs though.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover
Maeldor - He'll look as he does as long as you don't try to change any sliders in CAS...I'm not 100% on pass-downs though.
Excellent! Thanks for the reply. That's great to hear. I'll definitely have a try with these sliders myself to see if I can improve my sim further, and be comforted by the fact he'll look right to everyone else even without the sliders, as long as they don't try to edit him

Thanks!
Scholar
#17 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:44 PM
I had no trouble installing him even though I didn't have his expansion pack. He's very handsome. He also has very good genetics. Sometimes sims with sliders don't mix well with sims used with other sliders. His children always come out very nice looking. He's sometimes in my game but he's always in a special sim bin I keep to make sure that my randomly generated townies have a few lookers.
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:22 PM
kewpie - Thank you I really like to hear how they do genetically....I know that Arthit does not translate well to female lol so it's nice to hear Farhan is alright!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th May 2012 at 6:34 PM
He looks very real...especially the light eyes. I used to live in his part of the world and have seldom seen Sims like him. He could be Afghan or Pakistani. I always meant to do a series of Afghan clothing meshes after my Indian series was done, but except for some Sims1 Afghan dresses at TSR, I never got around to it and now my eyesight is too bad to try meshing in Sims3.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 5:05 AM
Thank you