Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Invention Making/Sculpting and/or Challenges

by gesimz Posted 16th Nov 2011 at 6:29 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 1:39 PM by gesimz : Added two new mod variations

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 7:44 PM
Thanks so much for updating this mod!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:50 AM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 10:45 AM
Is this updated for the patch 1.34?
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 3:28 AM
Default Working in game?
I dont get how to activate this in-game. I put it in the mods .package folder and I extracted it and it doesnt seem to change anything in my game, nor are there any new options for use in game...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 3:22 PM
Hi, is it ok with patch 1.34 or do you work on a update?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 1:33 PM
great work ^^ do you make one for painting?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megachocobo2002
Is this updated for the patch 1.34?

Quote: Originally posted by Denmark1
Hi, is it ok with patch 1.34 or do you work on a update?

I've tested it just now, still works for 1.34 and thus doesn't require an update.

I suspect the time it may require an update is when the Supernatural expansion pack releases in September 2012.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Azzura89
great work ^^ do you make one for painting?

Although this mod is very old, having tested it myself, I can confirm this faster painting mod still works with Patch 1.34:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=350535
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:52 AM Last edited by gesimz : 25th Jun 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by csandall
I dont get how to activate this in-game. I put it in the mods .package folder and I extracted it and it doesnt seem to change anything in my game, nor are there any new options for use in game...

Have you set up your game to read mods correctly (see link below)?

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:55 PM
do you know the XML files that govern other skills such as writing, painting, etc?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 12:27 PM
So I was wondering about this mod. I have both the sculpting and inventing x10.
But my sim seems to invent at almost the same speed prior, and when sculpting they sculpt practically the same things repetitively. With metal he has only sculpted a chair, and that is it, 9 times. Is that normal?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sagebroy
So I was wondering about this mod. I have both the sculpting and inventing x10.
But my sim seems to invent at almost the same speed prior, and when sculpting they sculpt practically the same things repetitively. With metal he has only sculpted a chair, and that is it, 9 times. Is that normal?

I haven't actually checked the mod since the 1.34 patch.

I'll check it out and confirm its compatibility, and will post the results here.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:29 AM
Thank you very much! C':
And I forgot to mention I am at patch level 1.36, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:43 PM
I've tested the mod and it seems to be working fine.

I will clarify two things though. Firstly, in regards to Inventing, this mod DOES NOT increase the time taken to discover inventions. Rather, it speeds up the process of MAKING inventions after they're discovered. I will change the mods title to avoid further confusion with this.

Secondly, on the issue of the limited amount of sculptures repeating over and over again, this is because EA have made a limited number of sculptures possible in the games tuning. In order to be able to invent and sculpt more objects, you'll need a mod that increases the amount of objects you can sculpt/invent. Something like this for sculpting specifically will do the trick http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=410117 and DOES NOT conflict with this mod seeing that this mod edits the SculptingStation XML file while the linked mod edits the SculptingData XML file.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 3:45 AM
Oh ok. Thank you very much for clarifying that. d:
And I will definitely try that mod. (:
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 12:24 PM
hi gesimz,
would you make a flavour of your mods decreasing the inventing and sculpting challenges?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 12:58 PM Last edited by gesimz : 15th Sep 2012 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Azzura89
hi gesimz,
would you make a flavour of your mods decreasing the inventing and sculpting challenges?

The files(s) that involve JUST the challenges for inventing and sculpting haven't changed, so Gonmags original mod to reduce JUST the challenge requirements for inventing and sculpting should still work fine with current patches.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 10:02 AM
I've missed this one SOOOO much! Thank you for reviving/updating it!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:04 PM
I just put both the sculpting and inventing 10x mods in, now when I sculpt I'm getting an unusual amount of them crumbling to nothing, is this normal? I am level 8 skill in sculpting.
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:56 PM
The same thing happens to me as with spiritseer. Inventing works no problem, but sculpting seems to be exactly the same. I have level 10 sculpting and inventing. My SimBot appears to have no change either. Possibly it's 10x specifically, I'll try the others...

20x seems to be working alright, hopefully it will work for you too.
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th May 2013 at 1:11 AM
pls update to 1.50,i really need it
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 10:16 AM
This is AMAZING! Thank you so much! I am a beginner modder, i'm trying to update Dolphin's magic gardening gnome. And if you look at the last comment : http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments

I am having major difficulty to at least understand how to look at a package and break it down-let alone modding it. Could you help me out, even if it's a little? Thanks
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 12:55 PM
Would it be possible to add sims don't catch fire to your faster inventing/sculpting mod thanks.. Also is this still ok to use with patch 1.57
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 10:47 PM
Been looking for this, thanks!!!!
Page 1 of 2