Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

House Boat on a Lake

by triciamanly Posted 4th Dec 2011 at 2:15 PM

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 2:33 PM
:o Nice! My sim would love this

A little question.. how do you put the painting at pic no. 6 like that
I mean at the center of two tiles..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:01 PM
Oh, this will be fun to play! Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:36 PM
I love this! The boat looks great and the lake so pretty with the plantlife you've used. And is that a pool in the lake? Definitely taking a look at how you did that. Just thinking about how a Sim would come to live there is fun.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 8:16 PM
Thanks so much for the comments! I hope you have fun with it! Archer, I placed the painting in the center of two tiles by using the cheat boolprop snapobjectstogrid false. It allows you to place things outside of the grid.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 11:02 PM
So very cool! Going to play it right away! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 1:26 AM
This is so cool, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:09 AM
I wondered where you'd been, and when you come back you bring us this! Amazing as always. I've downloaded it and now I wonder what I will do with it. It might make an interesting home for an apocalypse challenge.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 1:59 PM
I love this. It's so quaint. It's the type of lot you would want to place in the middle of a Cape Cod type environment to show off to your neighbors. Living the good life on the water, but within budget! I imagine Arielle and Pao would be the envy of any Lake District. I think I will paint my version in red wood and dazzle visitors! Thanks for sharing this.

P.S. - You really "must" get Frillen's invisible floor tile from the Triple Magic set. It's not difficult to use, but you do need to tile it over each floor tile you use in your swimmable lake. It makes the floor tiles (edges and all) totally disappear. Then, you don't have to box your Simmies in with bamboo.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:58 PM
Love this Anne!! Downloading in a heartbeat! xx
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 9:28 PM
Tricia haha I have to just laugh at this this house is so cool, but my Sims may get sea sick, living on it This is a funny house that will keep them rocking or moving back and forward 24/ 7. They will have to build their body skills for swiming, if they can keep their food down from being sea sick. lol nicely done.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:40 PM
Wonderful idea. as always
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:14 AM
What a terrifically cool & imaginative house! You did a wonderful job making it look like a real houseboat!

Thank you for sharing!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:51 AM
To each of you, many thanks for commenting! This houseboat was the idea of my 97 year old dad who wondered if the "stims" could live on a boat. Of course, I've been oohing and aahing over other people's boats for some time, but had never built one myself!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:24 AM
WOW ! Absolutely gorgeous ! You made an amazing work on it. This is the cutest little boat I've seen and I wish I could use it myself for a nice cruise. I love the swimmable lake too... Well done
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:47 AM
This is incredible, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 1:06 PM
Well done! Looks very cute and cozy, wouldn't mind living there myself.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Tricia haha I have to just laugh at this this house is so cool, but my Sims may get sea sick, living on it This is a funny house that will keep them rocking or moving back and forward 24/ 7. They will have to build their body skills for swiming, if they can keep their food down from being sea sick. lol nicely done.

Hi Simonut! I'm so glad you got a chuckle! I had a lot of fun working on it. I was kind of thinking of an old movie with Cary Grant and Sophia Loren called House Boat, although my boat isn't much like theirs! Anyway, thanks so much for your comment!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jylla
I wondered where you'd been, and when you come back you bring us this! Amazing as always. I've downloaded it and now I wonder what I will do with it. It might make an interesting home for an apocalypse challenge.

Hi jylla! I never thought of the apocalypse challenge, but you would have water and fish! I sure hope you enjoy it! Thanks so much for commenting.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:05 PM
Thanks so much Guardgian, katee, and siimgrl. Your comments are little pieces of chocolate!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:11 PM
Gosh, this is an adorable little thing! And I think it'll fit in nicely in the little "tropical paradise" neighborhood I'm working on. Thanks as always for sharing! :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:15 AM
Yay! Tropical paradise sounds good! Will you be uploading any of your tropical homes? Is it rustic? You've inspired me!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#23 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Hi Simonut! I'm so glad you got a chuckle! I had a lot of fun working on it. I was kind of thinking of an old movie with Cary Grant and Sophia Loren called House Boat, although my boat isn't much like theirs! Anyway, thanks so much for your comment!

I know the movie you are speaking of "Tricia " I have watch it on the TCM channel. I like that movie and I love your house boat. Your dad came up with a nice idea to make a house boat. Ok, now I see where your building talent come from, there is an old saying " The Apple Do Not Fall Far From The Tree." Also you are very bless to have your father at the age of 97 with you.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Undead Molten Llama
#24 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Yay! Tropical paradise sounds good! Will you be uploading any of your tropical homes? Is it rustic? You've inspired me!

I'm thinking about uploading some of them. It's been a while since I shared a lot, and it'd be relatively easy to do so, at least, since pretty much all of the CC in them, except for some Maxis-completing windows/doors, is all my stuff. I'm going for a Caribbean-esque feel, overall, and there's a gamut that runs from homes for the very rich to shanties for the very poor. Some small apartment lots, too. The lots are fun because they're (mostly) small and bright with lots of white and brightly-colored plaster. There are a number of beach lots that I shrank down to 1x5 using the Lot Adjuster, though, and I don't know that they could be placed anywhere else because beach lots are a pain that way. :/ But maybe some of the inland residential and community lots...

Anyway, since it's so "nice" and cold and snowy here, I've been having fun imagining that I'm someplace warm and tropical.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 4:03 AM
Well, I would certainly love to see what you've built. Tropical beach is my favorite! It's nice to make lots of all sizes and prices too. I'd love to see!
Page 1 of 2