Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Product Design Major -Includes Inventory Items-

by Phaenoh Posted 12th Dec 2011 at 6:29 PM - Updated 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:07 PM by Phaenoh

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 8:14 PM
Interesting. It's nice to see some real thought going into a new major.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 8:53 PM
This is so cool, and a fresh new idea to boot. Will give it a whirl! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 9:07 PM
This sounds really fun! Thank you so much, it is going in my game today!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 10:53 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm glad you like my work.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:10 PM
I really like the awards. This is something Maxis should've thought of. Well done!
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:29 PM
Very cool! I wish other majors and careers did things like this. (Career reward items are just a one-time thing.) I love Uni and this could really bring a new element to the game. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:36 AM
This is a great add to the university experience. Not only will it help some of the students get a head start, it will also give them something to do besides homework and term papers. Thanks for making this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:45 AM
This sounds AMAZING!!! And, I too, LOVE the rewards idea!!! Way Cool! Why didn't max...let's not go there!
Thank you Phae! Can't wait to send my next batch of kids off to uni.!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:18 AM
I love this idea! I'm sorry though, I have had a few strokes and get confused....do I need one or both dowwnloads?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:45 AM
If you have UNI and FreeTime, get the one that is labeled -FT, it's the one that includes the inventory stuff.

For creators: FT isn't required in general to make the inventory stuff work, it's just that I used FT objects so mine needs it.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 9:36 AM
Very interesting idea! I'll see if I can utilize that for one of my ideas one day.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 5:20 PM
That's seriously impress, but then what else is new with you. You are seriously impressive when it comes to stuff you make for the Sims community (I'm sure in other things, too, but all I have to base off is Sims stuff). I have had a lot of issues with custom majors not working, so I quit getting them and deleted several of the ones I had that I knew didn't work (but not all), but this is you. It's bound to work and work well and it has cool stuff. So I will be getting this for my sims. The teens will be so excited, a new major to pick from when they get to University. Thanks once more for your awesome work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 5:58 PM
soo cool! I'm studying product design as well
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 2:03 PM
Really nice! as all your uploads. I think you are amazing. :D

I see some of the inventory items are from Pets and Freetime, are these EPs required for the major to work or will these objects just not appear in the student's inventory if we don't have those EPs installed?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 6:26 PM
What item is from Pets? I was pretty sure I only picked out Base and FT objects. You will need FT to use the one with inventory items, the one marked -UNI doesn't include the inventory stuff.
Bowties are cool.
#17 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:21 PM
Awesome work, Phae! I don't normally play Uni sims, but I'd really like to give this a go. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:02 PM
This is a great major. And wonderful that it's possible to have rewards. Is it also possible to take some of the students fonds? One year at college costs a lot of money and it would be realistic if you have to pay for going to school (and get the rewards in change too).
I'm not asking to change the major. I was just wondering in general whether that's possible to do with a major.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:47 PM
I did bring the grant money down some, but what you are suggesting is probably better done through a game mod. And I've been thinking about it already
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 1:12 PM
It would be really great I'm looking forward to the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:38 AM Last edited by mycrazyawesomeness : 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:49 AM. Reason: I forgot space between gonna and be it said gonnabe Lol.
Thank you
This is awesome this is totally gonna be in my show thanks lots :3 :lovestruc :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 5:29 PM
Thank you so much for this!
It's so wonderful to see things thought through and done well!

*hug*
Former Hamster
#23 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 11:57 AM
Since I don't have Uni, this is of no use to me. *sad face* It's awesome. Is there anything like this for a career?
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 2:07 PM
Like a Product Design career, or one that has lots of fun inventory items?
Former Hamster
#25 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 6:27 PM
A Product Designer career with lots of fun inventory items, lol. Probably not possible?
Page 1 of 3