Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

World Editor More Stuff & new SN stuff

by Shimrod101 Posted 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:32 PM - Updated 16th Oct 2012 at 1:58 PM by Shimrod101 : New file with SN items

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:53 PM
Could you add more pictures?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:05 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:41 PM
This is awesome. Thanks so much.

EDIT: I did have one question; I can remove the mod once the objects are placed, right?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel
I did have one question; I can remove the mod once the objects are placed, right?

Yes, when objects are placed they are saved into that save game, so it's possible to remove the mod and these objects will still be there.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 4:47 PM
Nice. I'm going to put some of these in my game to make it look more realistic and interesting.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:24 PM
Thank you, this will be very useful!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 7:02 PM
I'm very happy to see this, thank you! I made a world recently, and wished for the ability to place CAW rocks via the world editor. I created a "fairy ring" lot in the center of my island. Around the fairy ring is water (like a moat, almost) and I wanted the larger rocks around the water, closing it all in. Since those larger rocks aren't available in the world editor, I had to place them via CAW, then go to edit-in-game and world editor to place the lot over them, then make my bridges and decorating...it was really a pain to get the rocks lined up just right. To make matters worse, when I started playing my world, I realized that sims will walk right through in CAW items on the lot!
The other one
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:37 PM
I never knew I wanted this until now! lol Thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 11:00 PM
This mod is WAY too cute!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:21 AM
You are a legend. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 4:46 AM
Awesome, thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:23 AM
I think a simple "thanks" is not enough. Look at the amount of things you make available for our game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:40 AM
Brilliant, thank you. Shows laziness on the game creators' part that this wasn't added into the game as standard :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 8:06 AM
Shimrod101, you're the best !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 9:36 AM
must have.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:18 AM
Thank you!!! This mod is especially helpful if you suck at CAW, like I do!
Is Claeric
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:22 PM
I can't rotate any of these. When I move them nothing happens. If i use < and > it only moves them a certain amount, I cant aim them the way I want them to go. This makes it impossible to use some of them, do you know why? Also some I can't pick up after I place them meaning I have to reload.

Also some can't go on lots or roads that should, like the butterfly house (it is on a lot in bridgeport) and the street lights and signs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:00 PM
Scarity: I rotate them by using the comma and period keys, but these may be differently placed on different keyboard settings. It works fine for me. The way my items work is no different for me than the default stuff which EA placed there in the World Editor.

The placing on roads or sidewalks isn't possible, this is the way it is with the default stuff too, they won't go on the road or sidewalk, there's nothing I can do about it.
The butterfly dome by default is in the Community items in normal Build/Buy mode, so I didn't place it here in BuyDebug.

About items which you can't pick up again after placing them: Are these things you are dumping in the ocean, so they are underwater? I've never been able to grab stuff when it's buried underwater, but this is normal for the World Editor it appears to me. If it is items you are placing on land, which ones are these? I don't recall having an issue with picking everything up again.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Is Claeric
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:27 PM
< and > ARE . and ,

they only rotate 45 degrees, not 360. That is what I am saying. They wont rotate with the mouse, so they are really impossible to place on things.

I placed the flat wooden bridge on the ground and i couldnt pick it up again and lost all my additions from reload.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 9:39 PM
Okay, the bridges cannot be picked up again as you say. This is clear. I can pick up the two bridges in buydebug though, when using these on normal lots. If I saw this bridge issue earlier when first starting this mod, I was probably fooled by the fact that the two bridges could be placed and picked up again fine in buydebug, so I determined that they were OK.

I placed a cautionary note in the mod description concerning this issue.

The 360 rotation using the mouse button seems to work fine for me, at least on normal smaller objects; not necessarily on these bridges though.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 6:15 AM
Dang why EA-Games don't accept to place any objects on the road :/...
Sims 2 allows but not Sims 3....
Dang :/

But thank you for this wonderful mod =D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 12:33 AM
fabulous work!
Instructor
#24 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 3:59 PM
This is great, thank you!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Theorist