Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shady Elms

by heaven Posted 15th Feb 2012 at 7:02 PM - Updated 16th Feb 2012 at 2:07 AM by heaven

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 8:12 PM
So cute! Loving the swimmable pond and the decorating!
The other one
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 11:05 PM
Finally uploaded! Love it! The decor is beautiful and it's obvious a lot of work went into it

*twitches at the sight of the damn hopscotch*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 12:30 AM
This lot is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you very much for creating this lot!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
#5 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:02 AM
Love the colours and I must ask Miss Roxor about that roof (looks for link to tutorial). A bit big for my play style but a pleasure to look at. Thank you.
Destroyer of Worlds
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:08 AM
Thank you everyone. Also, I'm not sure if the tutorial is 100% finished but I have linked it up in the main post if anyone is interested.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:51 PM
I love it so much! Thank you thank you thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:10 PM
Wow, this is a true family home. What a great creation. Sims must love it to live in that place. I love all the little details of this house. Also, the floorplan, the colours... everything is great.
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:05 PM
I love your house but the sims can not use the attic. If they are going upstairs the spiral staircase to the attic they can not go downstairs anymore. It would be great if you could fix it. Thanks.
Destroyer of Worlds
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 5:21 PM
Tootsie - I tested this house myself and my sims could go both up and down the stairs. Do you know what patch you have? Also, what game combination do you have? I want to say I read somewhere about some issue regarding spiral stairs that causes exactly your issue.

Chaolan - Yes, it is a large house. It is meant to be for a lot of sims. Considering the house itself is a small portion of the lot size, I don't think it's too bad. But you don't have to download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 6:29 PM
Really Great work!! A lot of nice detailing, the floor plan is wonderfully complex!!
The swimable pond in ingenious!!!!! Except I had top add a ladder, my sims would swim and refuse to get out until they drown XD But other than that and a stair issue that leads to the attic, not problems! very nice detailing! my sims will never ever move out of this home, its gonna be held by generation after generation!
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:09 PM
So, I've been a member of Mod The Sims for years, and I have yet to post a comment about how wonderful some creations are. I wanted you to receive my first ever glowing review! The house is beautiful beyond words, and the layout is to die for. I can only wish that some day I might be as talented as you and create such an amazing piece of art. I own each Sims game (1, 2 & 3), and all their expansion and stuff pack, so I've been playing for quite a few years. I still have yet to get the hang of designing the perfect house :-/ But I just wanted to say, "Bravo!" and keep creating! You are a wonderful designer! :-)
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:34 AM Last edited by Synaxis : 6th Mar 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Tootsie - I tested this house myself and my sims could go both up and down the stairs. Do you know what patch you have? Also, what game combination do you have? I want to say I read somewhere about some issue regarding spiral stairs that causes exactly your issue.

I have the same issue. My sims can go up but not down the staircase into the attic. They're usually nearly dead by the time I find them..

I have base, World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, and Pets. I also have High End Loft and Master Suite stuff packs. Running on the very latest patch.

Otherwise, brilliant house!

EDIT: Figured it out. I removed the wall and door separating the stairs from the hallway, moved around the junk in the attic so none of it was overlapping the stairs, and moved the light in the staircase to just in front of the door. Spiral stairs now work both ways.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:26 PM
Ok, forget my last comment, overcame the problem of the lot too large, the house is beautiful, well organized and lends itself to a lot of stories! <3
Really compliments!! but learn to listen to critics and not to respond "But you do not have to download" my comment was just a suggestion for the next job

p.s. sorry for my english.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 1:13 AM
such a lovely house ! just the right house im looking for~ i "accidently" have a family with 7 sims!! need a big house but not over decorated >< thx!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:18 AM
What an adorable little home! I have the perfect family to move in here. thank you so much for sharing this cozy little homestead!
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 9:25 PM
It's lovely! Thank you! :)
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:37 PM
I do it for you :)
I recreated it!! What you thinkin' about it?