Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lots of Spots - Custom Pet Markings

by PharaohHound Posted 24th Feb 2012 at 6:38 PM - Updated 25th Feb 2012 at 3:17 PM by PharaohHound

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 7:19 PM
Awesome! I needed these, My Appaloosas were looking drab
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 7:22 PM
Congratulations, I never managed to get spots.
The only time I managed it with the demo.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 9:00 PM
This is quite brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:30 PM
Bloody genius! Thanks for sharing. :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:37 PM
it's a great idea !!! thank you !!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:59 PM
absloutly lovley! Thank you hon
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:47 AM
The pictures are lovely. I also learned a new meaning of ticking today. See, simming IS educational .
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 1:21 AM
Thank you SO MUCH!

Now I can have a legitimate beagle, not just those dull tricolors!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 11:32 AM
Please make a small tutorial. I am dying to make a Rhodesian ridge back and the thumbprint mask of Doberman and Min Pins.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../babyilsa06.jpg
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:09 PM
Aight this is frickin' awesome. Thanks so much! :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
Ooooh now this is really useful! Thank you so much! Plus it's nice to have some custom markings that aren't my own WIP's. As stated above, this will be really useful for many different breeds.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 8:27 PM
Thank you all very much for the comments, you guys make my day.

AmberIndia - While I have made a tutorial for pet markings, what you need are regional markings. No tutorials exists for those that I know of, but tachyglossus has made a lovely panda cat marking and has some threads in our creation forum that are a good starting place for making regional markings. Click here and here.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:43 PM
@PharaohHound - that's all I need. Thanks for your help!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:49 PM
Omg, thank you! I was just hoping for better appaloosa horse markings like two days ago and now I just happened to come check MTS. Glad i did Thank you, those appaloosa markings look awesome!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 6:26 PM
Very nice! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 4:59 AM
Thanks for this, PharaohHound. I've been trying to figure out how to do custom markings for months so this really made my day. No more will I have to deal with things not inheriting properly. Made my own custom markings that let me do darker legs, darker muzzle, and darker eyes all with 1 marking layer so my bays, etc actually look right. I got tired of only 2 of the 7 layers being inherited properly and then a third layer randomly moving to another area of the body making the foals look unrealistic. Going to make another with the zebra striping and dorsal stripe eventually as well as one to easily roan the body while leaving the head and legs alone. Considering doing more facial markings and the like as well. Rather disappointed at the lack of snips, stripes, and stars. Problem is finding the time to do it. So much to do, so little time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 4:10 PM
well how do i get S3OC the link to the page wont work how did you get it?
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dingod
well how do i get S3OC the link to the page wont work how did you get it?

Dingod, they seem to be experiencing temporary problems with their site. The link was working fine for me yesterday, but now I can't access that site either. All I can suggest is to try again later, sorry.

If you have any more questions about making markings, feel free to post them in the Q&A thread for the tutorial.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:23 PM
thanks for explaining btw i really like your markings im going to make a new horse breed with appalossa spots so i really needed them, and ill try again later then
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:11 AM
looks great. thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 2:29 AM
I never comment around here, but I have to say that you are possibly my favourite Sims 3 creator around here - I think I've downloaded everything you've made. These spots are a huge help, thankyou!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:18 PM
I'm in awe, this looks fantastic. I am, however, somewhat hopeless in layering realistic coats in CAS, so I'm hoping you'll end up sharing that gorgeous horse at some point in time. Kiitän ja kumarran.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:01 PM
You did a really great job! Thanks for this! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 8:54 AM
Thank you so much for this and all your pet downloads. You really do make some beautiful animals and marking. I seriously appreciate you sharing them with us!
Page 1 of 2