Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Anashtabu Apartments - no CC

by vasumuz Posted 26th Feb 2012 at 6:49 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:20 PM
Looks great, thanks for taking the time to share your work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:35 PM
Excellent creation, it's a very beautiful lot. I don't have AL (Mac user here) so I can't play it, but I wanted to congratulate you on a great first post :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:58 AM
I don't usually download apartments but this one is mine! I love the way it's such an easy layout to get around in - much better than some of the Maxis ones, and it looks better too. I love the balcony setup especially.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 12:32 AM
Your Great!
This is a very nice apartment! I was never able to create an apartment of my own (I don't have the patience) so I found this one and I really love it! Congrats on your first post!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 3:36 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes and encouragements! It makes me happy that you guys liked my lot. Definitely made the weeks I spent on this worthwhile. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 8:16 AM
How on earth do people make simple landscaping look so good! I can never get it quite right, but yours is lovely. The apartments are really nice, I could imaging living here quite happily.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 10:30 PM
This lot looks fantastic. 2BR 2BA isn't easy to accomplish in so little space. However, I *do* waonder: from the pictures I don't seem to understand how anyone would ever get to the top floor. Where the heck are the stairs at?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:11 AM Last edited by vasumuz : 1st Mar 2012 at 2:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
This lot looks fantastic. 2BR 2BA isn't easy to accomplish in so little space. However, I *do* waonder: from the pictures I don't seem to understand how anyone would ever get to the top floor. Where the heck are the stairs at?

Ah...sorry, I should have been more clear about that. I used the Stealth Stairs technique so that's why the stairs might not be as noticeable. Kind of hard to describe the location, so please refer to the attached pic...

I can assure you that the stairs do work because while I was play-testing, my guinea pigs (err, Simmies) lived in one of the 2nd-floor units. The neighbors and landlord were able to use the stairs as well with no problems. I would know because I had my sims constantly break stuff just to make the landlord's life harder.

I didn't use a regular staircase because to me, it just didn't seem to fit well visually. That's why I decided to try out Stealth Stairs instead.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 4:58 PM
Great work for a first upload ! You're truly talented
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 8:00 PM
Help! I downloaded these apartments, but when I try to get a sim to rent a unit, my game freezes! I thought I fixed the problem by moving the sim out and moving the apartments to a different location, and that did work for my first sim, but now I want get another sim to rent another unit, and my game freezes when I try to get the other sim to rent another unit. I really want to get my other sim to rent another unit, but it's not working! Do you know how I can fix this?

I tried taking my downloads folder out, but my game still did the same thing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohgreatone22
Help! I downloaded these apartments, but when I try to get a sim to rent a unit, my game freezes! I thought I fixed the problem by moving the sim out and moving the apartments to a different location, and that did work for my first sim, but now I want get another sim to rent another unit, and my game freezes when I try to get the other sim to rent another unit. I really want to get my other sim to rent another unit, but it's not working! Do you know how I can fix this?

Hmmm, that's never happened to me before...sorry, I have no idea. I packaged the lot using CleanInstaller, so I dunno what could have gone wrong. Apparently, some folks had the same problem with other apartment lots, such as this one by Black0rchid: ChinaTown

The only thing I can suggest is to follow Charity322's advice (the very last post on the thread). Hopefully that helps...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 6:12 PM
I tried to move it to another neighborhood, then I tried moving it to an empty neighborhood (business district), and it still froze my game and crashed it. I also tried to change the lot zoning to residential, then back to apartment, and I still had the same problem. I guess I won't be able to use this apartment lot, which is a shame because it's perfect for my sims!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:00 AM
I Love it !!!