Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS NEEDED: TS1 Buy Mode music for TS3

by blakegriplingph Posted 16th Mar 2012 at 12:07 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2012 at 12:17 PM by blakegriplingph

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:32 PM
Thank you so much! I have been waiting for this for a looooong time. I just hope you can be abled to play your spesial music in the game as well. I have tryed some mod that made the music in the spesial music in the gameplay go away.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:42 PM
Hey Blake, i can test this, and i love this mod so much <3 :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:31 PM
*Downloads without delay...* No more playing in Windows Mode with the regular music muted! Liberation! Revolution! Huzzah!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:37 PM
Thank you! really loved the Buy music from the original TS1...If you ever get the chance, TS1 Build music would be a super addition
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nic67
Thank you! really loved the Buy music from the original TS1...If you ever get the chance, TS1 Build music would be a super addition

I can do it, but since the EALayer3 toolset's a bit sketchy, I can't make any guarantees.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:17 PM
Okay, I’m back from testing! It worked magnificently! I was ever so distraught when it was time for the final notes to play.
One thing, though: There appears to be perhaps seven or ten seconds of silence attached to the end of the added track. I confess that I feared for the life of my game when that happened. But then the regular obnoxious tracks started playing—so I then knew it was okay. You may want to trim the track with the program Audacity.
But enough of my musical nitpickings—the bottom line is—it WORKED!

Glorious hard work, blakegriplingph! I see many wonderful possibilities in the future, but I’d best not get too worked up over this absolutely joyous event. Seriously, I am so thrilled. Thank you so much for uploading it.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 3:22 PM
I had to pad the song out since I'm getting problems if I make it shorter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 5:30 PM
About to test it out. But this is amazing!! I love TS1 so much, especially it's music. The addition of build music too would make it amazing-er:P
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 5:47 PM
I'd love a chillout music buy mode,but hey,TS1 is always good instead of the awful TS3
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 5:51 PM
I like the TS1 music SO much better than either TS2 or TS3 music that I just play with music muted nowadays. I'm glad to see the TS1 buy music back again, though what I'd REALLY like to see is the build music, which was my favorite.

Thanks for making this and for sharing it with us!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Sir Harvey : 16th Mar 2012 at 6:08 PM.
I don't think I'm understanding exactly what this does. Could you please explain it a little bit clearer?

EDIT: I just tried it, works great, now I get it, thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mouse
But then the regular obnoxious tracks started playing—so I then knew it was okay. You may want to trim the track with the program Audacity.
But enough of my musical nitpickings—the bottom line is—it WORKED!

Obnoxious is right. The music of Sims 3 makes me feel like a gigantic idiot just for hearing it. I really hope this is the early beginnings of being able to completely replace all sims 3 music with whatever you want. I love a wide range of music, so I have tons of songs to fill every radio station.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 8:42 PM
Aaaaaah this brings back fond memories. I always got annoyed with the music they began using since The Sims 1. I liked the classic and retro music that played in the Sims 1 and often wished I could replace the new with the old. Finally this makes it possible, and I look forward to installing it. I hope it works, but thus far everyone has reported well.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:26 PM
*IRL rabid hyperventilating*

THANK *huff* YOU *huff*

*explodes with glee*
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:57 PM
Return back to the past =D Man I remember I was playing TS Original when I was 10 years old....

Man that was long time ago =)
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 11:56 PM
I tested it, it didn't work in buy mode but in the options, I played the song and it played the Buy Mode 1 song and the original EA TS3 song as well, so they both overlapped. I have World Adventures, High-End Loft, Ambitions, Fast-Lane, Late Night and Generations.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 1:59 AM
Downloaded, tested, works as advertised. Only complaint: Needs the other build/buy mode songs too from Sims 1. Other than that, it's great. Thumbs up.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 2:11 AM
That will bring back some sweet memories. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 2:17 AM
Are you going to make one with the TS1 Neighborhood music?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:18 AM
This is amazing I'll test. Do you think you could make the rest of the Sims 1 music for the game?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:20 AM
i-its actually possible....amazing, i sincerely hope this gets expanded upon. as a side note, i find it funny how bad TS3 music is compared to the others, as i recall them hyping up the music in particular relentlessly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
This is amazing I'll test. Do you think you could make the rest of the Sims 1 music for the game?

Maybe, if Zenchreal decides to update his toolset.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:07 AM
The Sims 1 music has such a positive effect on me whilst building, I actually switched sims 2 music with Sims 1 and my houses were better.

Sims 3 music is way too.... childlish, and only with Pets has the music improved.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:32 AM
I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for give us "bk" the TS1 music, now for TS3! =) It are already working in my game and when hear it are give me nostalgia when i was a "TS1 player" in the past =) Great memories!
Now im waiting for more songs from this game because this compared with TS3's music is way better. The music from the current game, TS3, despite boring when hear it, also not have the same magic from the previous Sims games, mainly with TS1).
Page 1 of 4