Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:10 AM
How about clothes and hair that actually MOVE. That would be delicious.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:34 AM
I want a city-like world, with diverse shops/businesses possibilites, so that sims can have an interesting life outside their home. Go watch a movie, eat in a restaurant, shop for CDs at the music store, pick up flowers for the wife at the florist, then go buy a couple of toys for the children to play, etc.

I'd also like to have better apartments, with the ability to have both residential and community features combined in one lot, like a pub downstairs, and several families living in apartments upstairs.

I want to see/play some of the things we only get to read about in TS3, like real ballet lessons, scouts clubs, movies, restaurants and proms.

More diverse (and suggestive) romantic interactions.

A lot more diverse one-on-one talking animations, plus better group conversations.

To reach the unreachable star.

Wilde Legacy

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#28 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 10:22 AM Last edited by Arisuka : 19th Mar 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
How about clothes and hair that actually MOVE. That would be delicious.

I've always been baffled why we didn't have that in TS3 considering it's been done in the very first TS2 game! Also, the animations were A LOT smoother in general in TS2. So I hope for TS4 EA will get up from their behinds and start doing acceptable quality again!

And CAS in general:

-An filtering option for all items that would make the player be able to control what items appear on random game generated sims (no more socks with sandals with a shirt & tie top combined with a hat on a yellow haired, pitch black skinned sim with blue eyes)

-More natural proportions of the face. I want to be able to have my sims look the same level of realisticness & quality as in the other games out in the market. EA needs to step up their game big time to keep up with the great looking games out there!

-Skins that resemble actual skin texture. Nuff said. : P

-Sim height slider & hair length sliders. Other games have this type of stuff already!

-Clothes that don't look like straight out of 2003... and clothes that fit the body!

-More voice options for sims. And hey, accents would be AWESOME!

Worlds:

-Less harsh & less saturated outdoor lighting. Please no more neon green grass & foliage... And we all know how different TS3 sims look outdoors than indoors.

-Public transportation. Trains!!!!!!!! Buses!!!!!!! MORE TRAINS! Also, bicycles need to have their own little lane, not going in the middle of the roads.

-Don't replace all actual stuff to do with rabbitholes. Schools and workplaces are fine, but making all businesses rabbitholes just plain sucks.

-Radio station option on stereos and such. Like, an actual radio station in simlish! And while it's on, you'd get similar pop-up messages as when reading a newspaper in TS3. About weather, happenings around town, lame jokes, news, commercials...

-WEATHER.

Gameplay:

-More focus on the sandbox elements of the game. Epic adventure and fame systems and all that is all good fun... but please EA don't forget that this isn't just a task performing game, but a single player sandbox game about life simulation!

-More regular life free-time stuff to do. Sports. Swimming in the ocean. Doodling in a notepad in the park. Feeding birds. More elaborate romantic interactions and well, interactions with different animations in general.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 11:19 AM
I want to lose being locked to lots.

I don't mean I want to lose lots, I mean I want to be able to play multiple Sims that don't live in the same home at the same time. Like a pair of siblings where one moves out to live with his girlfriend, you can still play as him while playing his little sister and their parents at home without having to switch active lots. Of course, this also means that you might have NPC Sims living on the same lots as your playable ones, but that'd be fine with me. Let me play the people, not the homes.

It's the next step up from Sims 3, really. In Sims 3 you can visit other Sims on other lots, but you can't split up a family and keep playing both parts at the same time. Ideally you should even be able to pick any Sim in the neighborhood and choose to assume control, adding it to your roster of playable Sims. You should also be able to release control, of course, and let the game do what it wanted with it.

The use of picture in picture and splitscreen would be nice to have, too. Divide the screen in two and follow two different Sims at the same time.

And, of course, I want EA to make a better story progression system for Sims 4, but I know just how taxing those can be on the PC. Full simulation of everyone is perhaps best, but it takes way too much to be able to run on any sane PC setup.
Theorist
#30 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:15 PM
Real apartment/condo living - multiple families in ONE building like in TS2 Apartment Life

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#31 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 10:25 PM
Of course this assumes that there WILL be a Sims 4. Most gaming franchises have a limited lifespan. Most have only the original game, then vanish. A number will get a sequel. A very few have more than one sequel. Sim City made it to Sim City 4, but Sim City 5 was promised, it has not materialized to date (even though there is still some discussion about it). Microsoft Flight Simulator may hold the record for being the longest lived franchise, making it through version 10 (Flight seems to be a different game). But most franchises don't make it to a third sequel.

Also, the computer gaming genr appears to be dying a slow death. There was a time when you could walk into a store like Comp USA or Computer City and find new computer games every week. Now computer games seem to be limited to a single shelf at your local Walmart. The video consoles seem to dominate. The means that the Sims 4 may very well be an X-Box, Nintendo or Wii game, with no PC or Mac version being available. This would mean the end of mods and custom content; you play the game the way EA makes it.

For me, the real question is what they could do with a Sims 4 that could not be done in Sims 3. Just about everything listed here is something which could be implemented in Sims 3.

In many ways, Sims 3 seems to be what Sims 2 should have been. There were obvious improvements like the open neighborhood, and being able to recolor things in game. We are no longer required to maintain and catalog meshes and numerous retextures. So the question really is, what major changes can a Sims 4 offer that could not be programmed into Sims 3.

The obvious reason for EA making a Sims 4 is the opportunity to resell us the same content which appears in Sims 3. That is, they get to sell us another vacation EP, another pets EP and so on. But absent a real groundshaking paradigm shift, I see no reason to repurchase something I already have. And the inability to mod the game is a deal breaker.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 11:04 PM
A popular franchise is most likely to have sequels. I remembered i started playing Medal of Honor back when it first came out in PSX and it still being produced, with the latest one to be released being MOH Warfighter, although i stopped following the franchise a long time ago. And you need to keep up with the news, SimCity 5 is now called just SimCity because they are rebooting the franchise, and it already has a release date, it even already has pre-order page set up at Origin.

Computer gaming genre is still going strong. You just don't see products lineup in stores because now the PC gaming industries are boasting their digital distribution services. With services like Steam and Origin, the needs and cost of producing and distributing products to stores are cut down, and the risk of losing your purchases are minimised.

Game engines have their limits, so not everything suggested here can be implemented without changing the core programming which means they need to change the core programs from the base game up to the expansion packs they already released. It will be a development nightmare. So it's better developing a new one rather than modifying the old one.
Instructor
#33 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
Computer gaming genre is still going strong. You just don't see products lineup in stores because now the PC gaming industries are boasting their digital distribution services. With services like Steam and Origin, the needs and cost of producing and distributing products to stores are cut down, and the risk of losing your purchases are minimised.

Game engines have their limits, so not everything suggested here can be implemented without changing the core programming which means they need to change the core programs from the base game up to the expansion packs they already released. It will be a development nightmare. So it's better developing a new one rather than modifying the old one.

Yeah. I know I purchased at least a dozen PC games in 2011, and only two of them came on actual DVDs. Discs just aren't necessary anymore. I know people are opposed to digital distribution because they're scared the item they paid for will mysteriously disappear someday because they can't hold it in their hands. But there are a lot of advantages to digital distribution, and if done right, it can be a good thing for everyone.

And PC gaming actually seems to be doing better than ever as a result of digital distribution.
Test Subject
#34 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 11:51 PM Last edited by novaminsulfon : 19th Mar 2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: substituted weird translation errors with actual English...
What I want are things that are probably way out there in terms of "doability", but are much needed and would make everything so much more realistic, for example gradual aging, including gradual growth (which would be the same as a height slider, basically).
Also, there needs to be a difference between haircuts and hairstyles - say, you have shoulder-length hair with bangs, but you can put it in a ponytail/curl it/pile it up/braid it/refuse to comb it and so on.
We need more clothing categories: shirts seperate from jackets!

WEATHER.

and I hate the fact that every sim owns every damn piece of clothing there is in the whole world... what happened to buying clothes?? It's not like it's impossible, has been done before... they could improve it by pricing stuff differently ( a simple shirt is cheaper than some elaborate, lacy designer thingy)

http://llamafont.com/ Say it in Llama! Now we only need a Freezer Bunny way to express ourselves.
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:59 AM
I want the content from all the previous Sims game to be in the base game for Sims 4, that way it would force EA to give us something new.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:48 AM
I just thought of another must have item for Sims 4.

BOOB PHYSICS.

http://www.destructoid.com/boob-phy...em-113664.phtml

Supposedly this is very big with Japanese gamers. Well, I'm not Japanese but i'd like it too! EA, be greedy and do it.

I read the comment above about hair that actually moves. That's kind of along the same line. Implement one and you can probably do the other very easily.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:31 AM
I'd be into it if they had separate animations for each bewb. I like the way it feels when my eyes move independently of each other :lovestruc

Really like your R. Crumb avatar

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Doc Doofus

BOOB PHYSICS.

I remember a well-known sims2 modder actually demonstrating this a few years ago.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 3:07 PM
I'd like the ability to rotate buy mode objects a full 360 degrees, the way we can world objects in CAW. Either by holding down a certain key unlocking those axes (the way holding down a key unlocks grid-free placement) or some sort of official angled-OMSP like the ones Silent Lucidity made for TS2. Here we have a fully 3D game in which all (or nearly all) objects are meshed to be viewed from any angle yet there's no good way of taking proper advantage of it.

In addition to hair animations making a come-back, it'd be nice if the upper layers of hair could be animated to squish down under accessory hats-- no more hats locked onto to hair meshes, and no more accessory hats that only work with a few hair styles or have to be made oversized to look semi-right. If they can make hair bounce and sway with motion, "smoothing" the hair down seems plausible enough.

BOOB PHYSICS.

http://www.destructoid.com/boob-phy...em-113664.phtml

Goodness gracious, that poor cartoon girl desperately needs a bra.
Instructor
#40 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
I'd like the ability to rotate buy mode objects a full 360 degrees, the way we can world objects in CAW. Either by holding down a certain key unlocking those axes (the way holding down a key unlocks grid-free placement) or some sort of official angled-OMSP like the ones Silent Lucidity made for TS2. Here we have a fully 3D game in which all (or nearly all) objects are meshed to be viewed from any angle yet there's no good way of taking proper advantage of it.

If you hold down the mouse button to rotate, then hold alt (or whatever button you have set to turn off the grid), you can do that.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Banned
#41 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
If you hold down the mouse button to rotate, then hold alt (or whatever button you have set to turn off the grid), you can do that.

They want to be able to control an objects roll, yaw, and pitch. Why they said "360 degrees rotation" I do not know.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 6:01 PM
Meals that take more than 8.36 seconds to eat.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#43 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
They want to be able to control an objects roll, yaw, and pitch. Why they said "360 degrees rotation" I do not know.

Oh, okay. I guess that would be good for storytelling.

Forum Resident
#44 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve

Yes, that is what I meant. I was thinking of 360 degrees in a three-dimensional way, not just left-right, 2D rotations. A swivel chair can turn left or right a complete 360 degrees, but you can (with varying degrees of difficulty) tip it forwards or backwards or turn it completely upside down so the wheels are in the air (at the 180 degree mark). I couldn't at that time think of a clearer phrase to describe that range of motion.

Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Oh, okay. I guess that would be good for storytelling.

It could be, yes, but also just plain decorating. Like, if you want to make a messy kid's room, would you rather have 5 objects depicting the same doll standing upright, lying down, and leaning at a few angles, or would you rather 1 object that you could turn this way and that (as we do in real life) to fit all 5+ positions?
Instructor
#45 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
It could be, yes, but also just plain decorating. Like, if you want to make a messy kid's room, would you rather have 5 objects depicting the same doll standing upright, lying down, and leaning at a few angles, or would you rather 1 object that you could turn this way and that (as we do in real life) to fit all 5+ positions?

Well, that could technically fall under storytelling, as it's not actually going to effect gameplay. :P

But yes, I see your point, and that'd be a great feature to have.

Forum Resident
#46 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:24 PM
I just thought of another must have item for Sims 4.

BOOB PHYSICS.

If they do that, then EA will also have to implement PENIS PHYSICS as well. Most of their fanbase is female and I doubt they want to look at jigglies all day. Just think all the new clothing option male sims would get to incorporate this feature: skin tight swimming trunks, billowing sweat pants, v neck boxer briefs, etc.
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:37 PM
Something I've always wanted in the sims is to be able to layer clothes. I want to put my jeans in the boots or be able to wear a mini skirt on a jeans.

I want to be able to create my own recipes like in the sims 2 console. My sims need their apple pie.

I want hats as accessories.

I want to be able to put windows and doors without beeing stuck on one tile or two.

I want to be able to create doors and arches that are larger than two tiles.
Alchemist
#48 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
If they do that, then EA will also have to implement PENIS PHYSICS as well. Most of their fanbase is female and I doubt they want to look at jigglies all day. Just think all the new clothing option male sims would get to incorporate this feature: skin tight swimming trunks, billowing sweat pants, v neck boxer briefs, etc.

They'd have to give us an actual penis, first.
Banned
#49 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:56 PM
did someone say "billowing sweat pants"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViftZTfRSt8
Instructor
#50 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:59 PM
I would say those are quite the opposite of "billowing". HAHA

But still one of my favoritest movies evar.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Page 2 of 10