Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Valentine Ultra-Short Hair - Add a new age group to your game

by billielith Posted 3rd Apr 2012 at 9:06 PM - Updated 5th Aug 2018 at 2:31 PM by billielith

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:14 PM
Thank you so much for this. I am always looking for hair with a touch of grey, this is great.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 11:25 PM
This hair looks awesome! I´m looking forward to see it in game. Thank you for sharing this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 11:39 PM
cool! thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 1:16 AM
Wow! I had no idea what to expect. This is a truly awesome look for our distinguished gentleman. Thank you ever so much billielith.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 1:21 AM
Oh how nice! Thank you for sharing, billielith. Now I am so curious. Where did the "No Valentine" name come from?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:16 AM
Salt n Pepper! ♥
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 5:20 AM
Very cool hair. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 12:51 PM Last edited by billielith : 5th Apr 2012 at 4:23 AM.
Wow thanks everyone! Glad that you like it.

Nightstar you got some pretty babies there!

I didn't think greying hair and facial hair would interest younger simmers much, but I guess there's more 30-ish simmers (like myself) than I thought!

This one was inspired from a Maxis basegame male hair I never use, short with a silly high ponytail at the back. I always wanted something similar to that hair, but without the ponytail; but I dunno how to mesh and my current PC doesn't allow me to try learning, lol. So I went and did this. My hair texture came out different, but I'm satisfied with the shape of this, very close to what I wanted.

Fansee, No Valentine came from the fact that I spent my Valentine's day making these things instead of being with 'someone', lol. Story of my life though, that damn day has rarely been good for me on the romance side, lol.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 3:29 PM
The gap between adult (looking 20-35) and elder (looking 75+) is ridiculous. This will help a lot. And the hair is pretty sexy on that sim of yours :D
Also, I really love the texture
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 3:40 PM Last edited by billielith : 15th Apr 2012 at 11:07 PM.
Thank you very much. I love your textures more.
In case anyone wants him in their game, the sim here is a Maxis template #2 with smaller eyes, shorter nose, narrower mouth, a longer space between his nose and lips, and alot of custom content. :P
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 9:15 PM
Hi, thank you so much but they are not real, they are dolls. I'm a doll reborner and they were a set of triplets I made.

Quote: Originally posted by billielith
Wow thanks everyone! Glad that you like it.

Nightstar you got some pretty babies there!

I didn't think greying hair and facial hair would interest younger simmers much, but I guess there's more 30-ish simmers (like myself) than I thought!

This one was inspired from a Maxis basegame male hair I never use, short with a silly high ponytail at the back. I always wanted something similar to that hair, but without the ponytail; but I dunno how to mesh and my current PC doesn't allow me to try learning, lol. So I went and did this. My hair texture came out different, but I'm satisfied with the shape of this, very close to what I wanted.

Fansee, No Valentine came from the fact that I spent my Valentine's day being with 'just friends' and making these things instead of being with 'someone', lol. Story of my life though, that damn day has rarely been good for me on the romance side, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightstar
Hi, thank you so much but they are not real, they are dolls. I'm a doll reborner and they were a set of triplets I made.

Wow, they look real. A doll reborner? Do you have a website? I'd be curious to see your work from closer.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:21 AM
What does "no Valentine" mean? Nice hair for mature guys, Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 4:22 AM Last edited by billielith : 5th Apr 2012 at 4:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tbucknor
What does "no Valentine" mean? Nice hair for mature guys, Thanks!

Literally that, lol. I didn't have much for Valentine's day this year, lol. So I used that day to start creating some sim projects. :P

Or maybe it's because I had Elton John's song playing in my head when I started this?

Or maybe it's because all these sets were based on Rudy's stuff and he's offered me a link to his band's new song that day? His gesture had little to do with the day mind you, I just got done making his sim a few days before, and he wanted to give me something to show he cared.

I think it's a little of all that.

I am glad that you like the hair. I never used the Maxis bald head or the one with short hair and a high ponytail at the back. So I decided to remake both in styles I'll like to use. The next set is this one again, but shaved instead of cut.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:07 PM
Gorgeous! :lovestruc I love both the greying and the not-greying ones - but especially the greying, of course, they will give a very distinguished look to my ageing Sim gents. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 12:32 AM
I don't have a site, I have never sold them. It was more of a hobby, most of the dolls I made were for family and friends. I have some videos on my youtube channel. I had alot of pictures of all my dolls but they were on older computer which crashed so I lost them all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jadesk...re=results_main

Wow, they look real. A doll reborner? Do you have a website? I'd be curious to see your work from closer.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:04 AM
I watched both videos, the one with your Montana and the other video, with your first dolls, and I'm impressed by how real they look! Now I'm gonna watch a tutorial and try to understand how you do that. It's quite interesting! I wonder if Duane Hanson used a similar process to make his sculptures?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:23 AM
Thanks. Everyone has their own method, mine personally I use my hands. I don't have half of the fancy tools available. I used to use acrylic paints which worked pretty good but heat set genesis paints work the best. I've worked with alot of dolls and from my experience, it all depends on the vinyl. My doll montana is Katie (shes a part of a set of twins, her brother is Charlie)by Linda Webb from the Ashton Drake galleries. That vinyl is great to work with, its soft enough that I can blend the colors. The harder the vinyl, the more difficult it is to get the colors right. The one doll from the video, which was my very first doll was a berjusa doll made in the 80s. She was almost impossible to work with. She was given to me by a friend who used nail polish remover to try and remove the dirt. It made the vinyl really shiny, I had to sand down the vinyl first then I was able to at least get some coloring on her. I got into this hobby from something tragic that I went through almost 8 years ago. It was very theraputic for me, thats probably why I never had any interest in selling them. Thanks for your compliments.

I watched both videos, the one with your Montana and the other video, with your first dolls, and I'm impressed by how real they look! Now I'm gonna watch a tutorial and try to understand how you do that. It's quite interesting! I wonder if Duane Hanson used a similar process to make his sculptures?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 1:43 PM
That's really cool. That 80s doll sounds like it's been a lot of work for a first one, lol. It's great that you still found ways to work with it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 11:26 PM
The older dolls were great for practice, when I first started making the dolls, I did everything from scratch but now for under $100 you can get a decent kit which comes with all the unpainted vinyl doll pieces and sometimes they come with a doll body too. The coloring, weighing ,stuffing and adding the hair either by rooting or a wig is for the creator to complete.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 1:43 AM
Thank you so much for adding this to our game, this is an age group that is just right not too young or old. It look very very good in "Create A Sims' within the game.
Colors are perfect and the touch of grey is just right, and all the right places
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightstar
The older dolls were great for practice, when I first started making the dolls, I did everything from scratch but now for under $100 you can get a decent kit which comes with all the unpainted vinyl doll pieces and sometimes they come with a doll body too. The coloring, weighing ,stuffing and adding the hair either by rooting or a wig is for the creator to complete.

It really sounds like they're a lot of work. It must take you a lot of time to make a doll look like your Montana.

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Thank you so much for adding this to our game, this is an age group that is just right not too young or old. It look very very good in "Create A Sims' within the game.
Colors are perfect and the touch of grey is just right, and all the right places

Thank you very much. I looked at pictures of real men with greying hair and most of them had the greying temples and not much else. Don't know if it's natural or 'hairdresser natural', lol, but I tried and took example on them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 1:40 AM
She took me about 5 years from start to finish. She became my tester doll with all the different paints and methods but I'm finally happy with her.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 2:12 AM
Wow 5 years. That's some serious dedication. I don't think I ever invested so much time in an art project.
Page 1 of 3