Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mt Olympus

by WildWitch Posted 6th Apr 2012 at 2:58 PM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:19 PM
By Golly! Thats Amazing!

Good Show, Jolly Good Show!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:27 PM
Thank you, Have fun
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:51 PM
beautiful!!!! this might come in handy for future stories. :]
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:57 PM
How very imaginative...it looks great!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 3:01 AM
Wow beautiful!!!! I love you you also included images of the floor plan!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:44 AM
Not bad! I like the idea of needing to teleport upwards.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 9:24 AM
MY GOD!!!! it's so f*****g beautiful!!!!! Can I use this model to make a magic school??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 9:52 AM
How do you make the building up in the air like that? o.O
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 3:17 PM Last edited by WildWitch : 8th Apr 2012 at 4:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LS_Bari
MY GOD!!!! it's so f*****g beautiful!!!!! Can I use this model to make a magic school??

Sure why not just give credit unless you change it to the point where its no longer recognized.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dogstarrb
How do you make the building up in the air like that? o.O

Well you use the constrain floor elevation cheat.

You (if I remeber right now)

Build A small room 1/1 or 2/2

Build a second story on top of the first and tile the top of the first story

Go to the sims cheat console CTRL + SHIFT + C

type in "constrainfloorelevation false"

Raise the terrain under the building as far as it will go

Then bring up the console again

Type in "constrainfloorelevation true"

Remove the first story

Level the ground completely

Rinse and repeat till you have the desired elevation.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 5:10 PM
A-ma-zing
What an incredible lot !
I'm so glad you made ​​this, it was exactly what I wanted for my sims gods! It only needs the ancient world that goes with it now !

Kisses from France !
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 6:25 AM
Wow, this lot is amazing. With all the fog it really looks like a place in heaven - well, or like a place on top of a mountain - surely a place where gods would live. Reminds me of all the stories I've read about greek mythology. Fantastic work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 8:20 PM
Very cool! Did you by any chance base this on the Percy Jackson books? I recall the entrance was in NYC and it looks like you have Olympus close to a sim city.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ayankeebell
Very cool! Did you by any chance base this on the Percy Jackson books? I recall the entrance was in NYC and it looks like you have Olympus close to a sim city.

Na, I haven't read them, are they good?

I just wanted to make somewhere for my god sim to hang, if anything its based on various interpretations of mount Olympus.

For all of those that said thanks, you're welcome, I'm currently working on a new lot, The Mages Consortium, based a lot on world of warcraft stuff especially dalaran. Lots of powerful magic everywhere using the fog emitters again. I have all the base building all done already, now I'm letting the ideas take form a bit before I move on as the annoying 4 story limit got in the way of the original design idea.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 3:12 PM
Fantastic idea! It looks spectacular. ;-D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:14 AM
Very ingenius! One question: Why all the structure below the main floor filled with "hidden room" markers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:35 AM
Hidden room markers and floor skip markers where made because the base is all supposed to be rocky outcrops, also building straight onto the fog platform is annoying because all the mist gets in the way when you play lol
Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 8:14 AM
Excellent work! I'd also like to thank you for sharing your technique/secret

I have to admit, I keep thinking of Jack and the beanstalk now. hahaha One day we may see that for Sims 3... with a singing harp, ya never know.

Anyway, great job and thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:24 AM
I cant wait for the rumored magic expansion thats coming, the mages consortium is half finished but it really needs magic to make it fully conceptual. lol at jack and the beanstalk, zues walking around see's jack carrying off the blade of olympus, "Why you little thief, we may be big but were not dumb giants, were gods, now Im going to think up some interesting and unusual punishment that reflects your crime" Jack "GULP".
Inventor
#21 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildWitch
I cant wait for the rumored magic expansion thats coming, the mages consortium is half finished but it really needs magic to make it fully conceptual. lol at jack and the beanstalk, zues walking around see's jack carrying off the blade of olympus, "Why you little thief, we may be big but were not dumb giants, were gods, now Im going to think up some interesting and unusual punishment that reflects your crime" Jack "GULP".

I wouldn't mind some magic in my game. Long as it works better than the spell book. That one is borked, unless they fixed it.

I think the stalk would be awesome, though. Mass in size, climbable like stairs. Uh oh, I put Jack in a bad position somehow. What if it's the giant that challenges your gods & they are on separate clouds?! "You built your castle too close to my castle" sort of thing. "I'm the king of these skies" bellows the giant. Then, dust everywhere, battle of the giant and the god of the skies, Zeus.

I'll be honest, I'm exhausted and I may seem a bit delirious so if I went overboard, my apologies. ^.^

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 3:30 AM
The look of the new magic expansion looks like they're going all out, witches, fairies, werewolves and more, I too hope they don't make a lame magic expansion, the magic store set was not bad though, but I agree with you I don't really like the spell book.
Ah but you see then Zeus goes "its the only place available at the moment, what with asgard being taken and all and the giant and its castle are squatters who are tolerated because he cleans the place up, like an unofficial janitor, lol.
Inventor
#23 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:47 AM
I saw how the werewolf sliders were accidentally thrown into a patch. (?accidentally?). I'm fond of fairies ^.^ Werewolves are pretty cool, too. We'll keep our fingers crossed they do a great job, AND with less bugs and slip ups!

Zeus has a point.. And he was there first! Jack must show up first to plant the bean. I am liking the idea of a bean stalk though.. For some reason it just sounds cool. (the climbable one).

Well, take care! Like your creation! Saw your name listed in new creators thread, that's how I found you

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:30 AM
i adore your imagination and creativity. awesome house :>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 6:05 AM
lol well maybe they will make beanstalks in the expansion, Also buzzler has said hes making a magic mod so theres that aswell.

Thank you Elncaela, Im glad you like it.
Page 1 of 2