Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 12:42 AM
Default Flajko's Pure Eyes For TSM
While trying to combat the blue-eyed bug I figured contacts were probably the most suitable answer, and Flajko's amazing PURE EYES for TS3 are pretty much the same size as TSM irises and look awesome and so natural, like the TSM eyes are.
The contacts don't prevent the TSM sims from looking expressive, I've checked, since this is what worried me most.

I've been given permission from Flajko to upload the TSM converted eyes here so everyone can use them. Thank you so much to Flajko, it's much appreciated

The great thing about the contacts, aside from no more blue-eyed bug on your heroes, is that NPC's can be called to any wardrobe to fix the bug too, so no more hoping that Edit in CAS changes will make a color change stick, also there was always the chance that any Edit in CAS change would still revert to the blue-eyed bug at some point, but with these contacts you can take your sim to the wardrobe any time you like without worrying about being struck down by the bug :P

The other great thing about these contacts is that there are 4 colorable channels, you can change the color round the pupil, the iris, put a ring round the outside of the iris and change the whites of the eye too.

I've put these under makeup/blusher for both male and female. I figured blusher would be the least missed, as you can alter blush for females with the facial detail slider in CAS anyway. This means you'll need to be patched up to the last TSM patch if you're running just the base game, which is when the make-up was released, or have the P&N EP installed for these to show up.

1) TSM original eye for comparison, the other 5 shots of this girl are to show some colors on Flajko's contacts. All taken in CAS.

2) First pic is original eye, the other 2 are Flajko's. All shots taken in game.

3) Flajko's contacts on the guys...very pretty :lovestruc

4) A couple of random shots to show some effects you can get with the color channels.

These eyes really are amazing, and just perfect for TSM. I can't thank Flajko enough for allowing me to upload these here. Hopefully this will be the end of the blue-eyed bug in my game, and in your game too, should you download them

You can find Flajko's original TS3 Pure Eyes by following this link http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=417843
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Flajko_PureEyesSmallTSMCompat.rar (220.2 KB, 7289 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:28 AM Last edited by DarthKitsune : 5th Apr 2012 at 3:00 AM.
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! Demon Eyes FTW!!!!!! If you were a dude, I'd kiss you!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 9:10 AM
O^O Pweeetty. And colooors <3 Much thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 9:33 PM
These are perfect! Thanks so much :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 7:12 PM
Thank you for this!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:30 PM
Chickie, you are amazing!!! Thank you so, so much for doing this! And thank you to Flajko for allowing his eyes to be modded!

Three cheers for you! Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redbowties
Chickie, you are amazing!!! Thank you so, so much for doing this! And thank you to Flajko for allowing his eyes to be modded!

Three cheers for you! Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah! :D

I just edited the CASP file so they can be used in TSM and asked for permission to upload them, ALL the work in these eyes is Flajko's, but thank you anyway =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! Demon Eyes FTW!!!!!! If you were a dude, I'd kiss you!

Well part of me wants to say you just called me 'dude', so.......
and part of me wants to say if you looked like my Monarch I'd kiss you back
and since I couldn't decide which one to say I decided to go with both :P
Instructor
#9 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 6:06 AM
my inner gay recoiled in horror at the thought, lolz
but my inner-inner bisexual is intrigued. . .
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
my inner gay recoiled in horror at the thought, lolz
but my inner-inner bisexual is intrigued. . .

Well, you get really drunk and I'll make you a 'monarch mask'.
Instructor
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 7:21 PM
*gets a drink* get to work!
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th May 2012 at 7:07 PM
You totally saved the game for me! I know it shouldn't matter THAT much, but the blue-eyed bug so frustrated me that I was going to A) give up or B) create my own contacts, which I could never have made as great as these--Thank you tons!
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 9:24 PM
Default Thank you!
YOU ARE AN ANGEL! I love you so much for this download. I am a bit of a perfectionist and the blue eyes bug was driving me crazy. This is the best Sims mod I have ever downloaded! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 7:46 PM
I love you so much for this. Seriously. <3
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 4:32 PM
Gorgeous. Love them.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:23 PM Last edited by Sauris : 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:32 AM.
ChickieTeeta! There is even one more great use (applying?) for these amazing lenses!
I mean the converted hairstyles (from The Sims3), where there is a bug, when changing eye color to hair color. These lenses solve this problem! It's enough to wear lenses!
Let me show an example in the screenshots. I take a hairstyle converted by Riki "Trapping Hp hair" (here ).
In my game the hairstyle is displayed with the bug (seen in the attached screenshot), but we put the lenses - and voila! - all is well. Normal human eyes.

Therefore, a huge thank you, ChickieTeeta, for the lenses and for this wonderful possibility!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sauris
ChickieTeeta! There is even one more great use (applying?) for these amazing lenses!
I mean the converted hairstyles (from The Sims3), where there is a bug, when changing eye color to hair color. These lenses solve this problem! It's enough to wear lenses!
Let me show an example in the screenshots. I take a hairstyle converted by Riki "Trapping Hp hair" (here ).
In my game the hairstyle is displayed with the bug (seen in the attached screenshot), but we put the lenses - and voila! - all is well. Normal human eyes.

Therefore, a huge thank you, ChickieTeeta, for the lenses and for this wonderful possibility!

Sauris, will this fix the blue-eye bug as well? Some time ago I tried these eyes in my game but if I am recalling correctly, I could not stand the look of my sims eyes as their iris' were huge, their eyes taking on the look of an alien from outerspace! I have a real problem with a lot of these mod conversions coming from The Sims 3, as much of them look unrealistic, or in poor quality, and even sometimes just a bit wacko. They don't fit the image of a medieval world as it were, or that I wish it were...LOL

But I would give the arm and the leg of one of my less liked sims if someway the blue-eyed bug could be repaired!

Have a great time with your sims, Sauris.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 11:12 AM
Dear Xeny,
frankly speaking, I don't know what the problem is - the problem of blue eyes I never encountered it. I guess all the lenses overcast the eyes, and the problem should be solved.
As for the strange-looking sims with lenses - yes, there is such a feature. Lenses that are created for Sims3 - originally conceived as the eyes of the modern people. Typically, they are larger than in TSM.
Well, try different lenses! Perhaps you can find what you like. In any case, the lenses will not cause collapse of the game (I hope)
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 11:39 AM
I chose these ones because they're roughly the same size as the TSM ones. I don't like the overly large ones either, and since I think the original game eyes are perfect, I wanted something that wouldn't alter them too much.
The only thing I've noticed with these is the whole eye goes darker when the sim is standing in shadows.
Yes they'll fix the blue eyed bug it was the reason I got permission to upload the conversion.
I uploaded another set of eyes that were made by Shady (also with permission), they're around the same size as the TSM ones too, and since they only alter the iris, and not the eye white, the darkening doesn't occur on them..... but they seem to have disappeared off the forum. (That guard thread I mentioned to you in PM seems to have gone as well.)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:02 AM Last edited by Xeny : 9th Jul 2014 at 1:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
(That guard thread I mentioned to you in PM seems to have gone as well.)
and to Sauris, too,

So far so good on the Blue-eyes bug, but I am leery to claim any owners to the Blue-eyes bug "cure" as of yet, for you see, I added at the same time as these eyes lenses Chickie uploaded, an older sim file of my child wizard Xerxex Xoom as it had been so long since I had played with him...found one of his saved files that was not corrupt...Whew! This was back in the times before the blue-eyed bug took effect in my game. So quite a long time ago. Knowing how strangely TSM&PN can behave at times, I have left open the possibility that his file may have changed or modified whatever was written in whatever file that began the blue-eyed bug mess in the first place. It seems more likely that this mod has done the job for fixing the blue-eyed bug, nut I had thought so before of another mod very similar to this one, and BAH-BOOM! A short while later, the BUG was back! So....I wait...and wait some more...and likely wait even more...and after this waiting is satisfactorily completed in my estimation, whenever that be...LOL...I shall then deem a winner...LOL Thanks LOADS and LOADS Chickie, and Sauris for all ye do, and for yer caring, too!

Your Palish like Simbud, Xeny = Xylan Darksword = me

PS OH! Editing this message to include info on what has happened in my game (sorta) after having added this mod to my game, though I do not know if it is the fault of the mod or not, but, my TSMLogs.xml no longer show in Internet Explorer 11. I have researched and researched and researched any possible solutions other than changing the default .xml file reader. IE11 shows me a blank page in the logs, so I switched the default to Word Pad, but as you may know, Word Pad will not save a page style, set, and I dislike the manner in which Word Pad displays the xml logs. I may have to switch to note pad, and go a little deeper to set its display default...Oh and I really hate their icons! LOL Oh but live I shall! TTFN Tootsies!

Quote:
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 3:48 AM
Hey Ya Chickie, I've got a question about this mod...let me tell you first, that Xylan's cornflower blue's are hanging in there without being lost to dark and ugly blue since changing his eye color (for the 10,000th time) since I added the mod, but I never did use any selection from the blushes dept. in the makeup for him. I just changed them back to what they are supposed to be by my settings before the blue-eyes bug attacked him. However, except for my boy wizard, Xerxex Xoom, no other sim can retain the eye color I chose for them...so, I tried to use the contacts in the blushes dept of makeup for my doc, Blade Bungle, and the eye color came out in a soft gray, which is nice, but not for Doc Blade. He has a rather piercing sharp blue-eyed glare, LOL, but I could not change the color to his blue. In fact, no color other than the light gray would appear.
Am I doing or not doing something correctly or incorrectly? Please help when you get a moment. Thanks!

Xeny

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 3:35 AM
Hi Xeny
If I'm reading you correctly, then it sounds like the cas make-up bug. Similar to the blue eyed bug but not as frequent or as bad, (i.e it doesn't affect the whole kingdom or even the sim you're editing if you just exit cas without saving the changes).
It's not a problem with the mod it's an actual bug in the game that stops the colors being recognized and everything you click comes out the same color. All my makeup goes a weird dark green color.
Exiting cas and restarting the game is the only way I know of to get the colors to be readable again.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:40 PM
I do have the make-up bug as well as the blue eyed bug, Chickie, and I have seen the results when I have changed either eye color for a Sim, or if I change my one female Sims makeup, Dolla Daze, my Trader. But her make up does NOT turn green. It just disappears from her face.
If you mean the square in make up section in CAS in which you select the color of the makeup turns green, then yes, this also happens but it happens in my game with the EYE COLOR, but NOT green. It turns PURPLE. Excuse me, let me be more specific.
The eye color selection square in CAS shows all my saved color modifications in the color I made them, but ALL DEFAULT eye colors turn a grayish PURPLE, and at some odd times, they are just as they should be, showing their color normally, but later they turn purple again. A never ending cycle.

With this problem, have you noticed that the Sims picture that you are editing, disappears in CAS? When you first enter CAS with you Sim, he or she has their little picture on the lower left, and when pointing at it with mouse pointer, their name shows in a wee tiny window. BUT during the time you are changing their features, almost always a physical feature OTHER than their clothing, the picture disappears, and only a blank wee window shows but when pointing at it with mouse, the Sims' name will still appear.

I am hoping that if you did not already realize the above information, that the info might somehow guide you or lead you to a better understanding of where the true problem may exist in the game files...OH PLEASE...OH PLEASE!...LOL

Since you are highly educated in the field of this game's coding, if the info I gave you above allows you to realize what file would contain the images or the programing code for the wee pictures of Sims in CAS, there after you might then come to realize also a solution, or repair, you know, if you can determine what files are responsible for implementing the view-ability of the Sims pics in CAS. There-in I believe is where the blue-eye bug, and also make up bug have their bunk beds installed, if you will. They think to make this file their flat, Chickie. Can you help to find their location at least?

Thanks Babes...PS are you saying that the eye color should be able to be changed from the gray color of this mod in game in CAS? By the way, I still feel the eyes themselves, and the pupils as well, are much too large, although much better than the spaced alien version I tried before. I just can't bring myself to have any of my Sims wear the contacts, since I am kinda ugged about the sight of humungo eye balls!

One of the modders here has a blue eyed bug fix, ya know, Simmodder, I think is the one though might be another, I wonder what has happened with it? Perhaps it did not in fact work as he wished? Ah but though I sometimes wish it would not, Life continues to move on forward and straight, without a care if my Babes in their computer like medieval style settings have dark blue or cornflower blue eyes and even a lesser thought as to whether or not I am happy. So (&*&^&((*^&!!!!! to LIFE!

LOL Xeny

Quote:
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:53 PM
Where did you get the wings for the demon model?
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 5:07 AM
Awwwesome! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2