Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Maxis Wood Floor Restoration Project, Part Deux

by iCad Posted 8th Jun 2012 at 1:14 PM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:50 PM
I don´t know how many nice wooden floors I have in my game right now thanks to you. But I´ve said it before and I´ll say it again: You can simply never have enough of them! Thank you very much for sharing these goodies with us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:58 PM
Oh wow... thanks! I've been looking for more wooden floor options for a while!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 3:14 PM
I agree with dieKristina! I primarily use wood floors, because I love 'em! Thanks iCad!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 3:48 PM
I never get tired of your recolours. We all benefit from your obsession.
Thanks to you, I've got wood.

Wait, that came out all wrong...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:05 PM
I <3 that you have a picture with the names and the color, so that it's easy to sort out which to keep and which not. With this large a sample-size, it's most appreciated =) And, gorgeous! I never liked maxis wooden floors much, this'll do wonders for my houses =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:42 PM
Thank you! I can never have too many wood floors in my game.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:50 PM
I'm real choosy about what to download these days, trying to avoid overloading my buy/build catalogue. So far I've managed to resist most of your sets. But goshdarnit, I can resist no longer! These are too gorgeous to pass up. Which of course means the matching walls and windows will be joining them, at the very least. So thank you, iCad, for messing up my catalogue and prettying up my game. .
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 12:46 AM
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I love you all. :lovestruc Some replies:

dieKristina: I am a total wood flooring junkie, both in Simming and in real life. (There is no more carpet in our house anymore, YAY! It's all wood-with-area-rugs or tile. ) So, I agree that you can never have enough. But now I think I've made enough. I think. Because I'm still warily eyeing some of the game's parquets, but so far I don't use them enough to warrant the effort of recoloring them. But you never know. Maybe there WILL be a Part Troi, just of parquets.

Neder: *giggles madly* Hey, at my advanced age, if I can give a guy wood, I'm a happy girl. No, seriously, I'll consider it a fair trade. I've got a number of your mods which have made my game a lot happier/more logical, so...yeah. I'll do the wood, you do the mods.

gummilutt: Pictures are always helpful, I think, especially with big sets. What I should have done was to put a pic with each download, but then I try to keep download file sizes down where I can because I figure that every bit helps when it comes to not overtaxing MTS's servers. So...Yeah, that's the trade-off. But at the very least, I put pics on the posts.

fanseelamb: I'm sorry I've corrupted you. Well, OK, I'm not. I'm evil that way. But in all seriousness, I'm honored that a choosy downloader thinks my stuff worthy. But you're right: Some of these floors are just pretty. I mean, not my versions, necessarily. I mean the Maxis floors themselves. That is, their underlying textures are very pretty. It's just that they tend to get drowned in nasty and unrealistic colors. Strip them of that, though, and you have some VERY pretty stuff. Much of the Build Mode stuff is that way, I've found. Hence, my "life's work," as pathetic as that is.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 1:29 AM
I have too many wood floors, but I have to have these - they are so nice! Thanks! =D

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 10:18 PM
I cannot seem to be able to open these. I've tried opening and saving other MTS files recently and they all automatically open with media player, it didn't used to do that. I can't save the files from MTS anymore, does anyone know what I should do?
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rhianne
I cannot seem to be able to open these. I've tried opening and saving other MTS files recently and they all automatically open with media player, it didn't used to do that. I can't save the files from MTS anymore, does anyone know what I should do?

I don't understand why (or how) a rar file would open with media player. :\ rar is a data compression utility, like ZIP, only...better, IMO. To open rar files you need to use something like WinRAR or 7-zip. The latter is free. Google it, and you'll find it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 6:14 PM
These are awesome. Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 7:48 AM
This is frikkn amazing, thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 7:49 AM
Oh wow I absolutely love these floors.I can never find good wood flooring,till now.Thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 8:43 PM
Thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:32 PM
Thank you for these beautiful floors!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 8:07 PM
Love Love LOVE!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 1:21 AM
I'm always in need of more (non-identical looking) wood floors, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 5:39 AM
Really nice set. Thanks! :D
It must have taken you a lot of time to do all that.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 5:08 AM
I was trying to resist, but, One Large Narrow Plank is exactly what I needed. So I grabbed them all.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 7:05 AM
Thanks a lot .these colors were always missed in game♥♡:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:43 AM
Yeah, see these are nice wood colors! Great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:58 PM
"You got planked" was my favorites maxis wood floor EVER! but I was a bit disappointed that we only got 3 colours with AL. I'm so glad you made these recolors for that floor, and you made me enjoy maxis wood floors again
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:29 PM
iCad, I am oh-so-incredibly grateful for these, as well as ALL of your recolors to make build mode match!! Thank you thank you thank you for setting my OCD to rest with such great work! :-)
Page 1 of 2