Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:10 PM
Oh, I see, it was more they couldn't be bothered with marriage conventions. Well, that's a good story too, especially if they had relatives who do care about marriage conventions. You can have inter-generational rifts for years because of stuff like that. I love (RL) marriages and funerals for just this sort of reason.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 5:04 PM
Okay, results:

The wedding went fine, until the mother of the bride went home and the mother of the groom wet herself. Better repeat the wedding some other time. But it was great! Although, if I want to use the visitor controller, to ban townies, those that are invited will also be banned. UGH!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:12 PM
Sounds like my kind of event MMAA - especially the wetting herself.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Okay, results:
Although, if I want to use the visitor controller, to ban townies, those that are invited will also be banned. UGH!

Not if they're part of a Nightlife group assembled prior to going to the community lot. I've tried it with teens sneaking into clubs marked as adult-only with the VC, and their noncontrollable friends don't wander off.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 10:25 PM
Quote:
The wedding went fine, until the mother of the bride went home and the mother of the groom wet herself.

I think the mother's feelings about this wedding were clear!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think the mother's feelings about this wedding were clear!

Lol! But they are a fine couple, he even made surprise engagement at a restaurant.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 1:35 PM
Okay, actual final results that are saved:

The wedding was a Roof Raiser! Everything was great:

Didn't expect the ceiling to appear, the roof is that of a white greenhouse.

"You guys need to think about your honeymoon! Where are you going btw?"

Until...

UGH! Both moms wet themselves, at least it was after party finished and no one noticed. Phew!

Hurray!

the weird thing is that, the bride, before marrying the groom, wanted to flirt with another guy, and she is a family sim, while the groom is knowledge. They didn't even get a want to be engaged or married, let's hope they'll get wants to have several babies!

Overall, it was great!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 3:00 PM
Ah, that was just cold feet before the wedding. Possibly you'll find they're not a good couple, if a good dream date or two never prompted a "get married" want. And I guess nervous bladders run in the family. (You did have accessible restrooms, right?) But hey, a good party's a good party.

You never see the greenhouse roof when you're on the main level; I think there's a mod that lets other floors show on camera, but I couldn't tell you what it is.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 5:50 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 14th Jun 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Ah, that was just cold feet before the wedding. Possibly you'll find they're not a good couple, if a good dream date or two never prompted a "get married" want. And I guess nervous bladders run in the family. (You did have accessible restrooms, right?) But hey, a good party's a good party.

You never see the greenhouse roof when you're on the main level; I think there's a mod that lets other floors show on camera, but I couldn't tell you what it is.

Yeah there was a shortage of bathrooms, better build more. But the reason why the wet themselves was because they were constantly making toasts, I made sure I maxmotived everyone, but, it was wonderful.

I think I'll just get over it Peni, let them be, since things were pretty hectic for me, but I enjoyed it.

Also, since Renee's (the bride) mom is of Asian descendants (facial structure of Asians), they chose to go to Takemizu Village to learn more about her ancestors. This is the first time for me to take sims on a vacation (honeymoon for them, and although there were ups and downs here and there, they (and me too) enjoyed the vacation. I recommend everyone here to take their newlyweds on honeymoons!

I would like to thank everyone here. Really Appreciate it!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 7:05 PM
Next time, after maxmotives, do motivedecay off. That should help with those tiny bladders.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 10:02 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 15th Jun 2012 at 3:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Next time, after maxmotives, do motivedecay off. That should help with those tiny bladders.

I built two more bathrooms for the guests, its on the top floor, so I placed both, an elevator and stairs, just in case.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:45 PM
Just wanted to clarify something:

Apparently, you are all aware of the issue where the guests leave while the wedding party is still running, well here is a solution:

1- Download Insimenator
2- Click on the ground and spawn the selector.
3- Click on the selector>Group Selectable>All visitors. (Do this after your party guests arrive.

By doing this, you are ensuring that the guests will not lewave in the middle of the party. When the party is over, spawn again, but this time: Group unselectable>All visitors. Don't worry, this will not remove your sims as well, only visitors of the community lot and guests will be removed.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 1:37 PM
You should also be able to ensure that the desired party remains with the meeting controller, but I haven't tried that yet.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I got a lot of advice on that subject last September, in a thread you can find here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&highlight=Sell

If you want to have an actual party, you'll need the Party on Community Lots hack. Which I personally am not finding very satisfactory - so far it has only allowed me to invite two people, and the second time it did not prevent the bride from walking off the lot as soon as the wedding was completed. I think the bride's mother may have left the lot before the vows were said in the first one - didn't see it happen, but she was nowhere on the lot when I went to look for her. You can run the wedding as a date or an outing, or just have your sims show up to exchange vows and teleport in any witnesses you like with your preferred teleportation method. Everybody on the lot will at least attempt to whirl into their formal duds, whether you've called for a formal wedding party or not, but if there's a lot of people not all of them will succeed and your game will lag like heck. "Too many" is of course a system-specific number. The Visitor and Meeting Controllers may be able to help you keep the numbers to a level you're comfortable with.

Otherwise it works just like a residential lot wedding.

Peni where can I find that party on community lot mod? I've googled it and everything and haven't been able to find it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#40 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Peni where can I find that party on community lot mod? I've googled it and everything and haven't been able to find it.

MMAA posted the link in the post after Peni mentioned it:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,9570.0.html
It's not compatible with Pets or Seasons (it says).

Mad Poster
#41 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 10:32 AM
M.M.A.A. - Your wedding pictures are lovely. Where did you get the bridal veil? I went on an internet hunt yesterday looking for it without luck. Is it an entire hairstyle or just an accessory. It's beautiful.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
M.M.A.A. - Your wedding pictures are lovely. Where did you get the bridal veil? I went on an internet hunt yesterday looking for it without luck. Is it an entire hairstyle or just an accessory. It's beautiful.

Looks as though it might have come from Pronup Sims. Ummm... here:
http://rosemat.free.fr/Pronupsims2/...sims.php?page=1
Some of hers are hairstyles while some are 'glasses'.

Mad Poster
#43 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Looks as though it might have come from Pronup Sims. Ummm... here:
http://rosemat.free.fr/Pronupsims2/...sims.php?page=1
Some of hers are hairstyles while some are 'glasses'.

It does look like the type of thing that would come from Pronup. I checked her site out yesterday and again today since you suggested it. I thought I might have missed something, but after going through each hairstyle and all the veils and poking around accessories, I still can't find it. She does have some exquisite items.

Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:08 PM

Ah, sorry I thought he was talking about a clothing adjuster or something there lol. Thanks for the link though but that sucks I cant use it with seasons :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:21 PM

The veil is from the Celebration Stuff Pack.

Actually it is, no worries, that is if you have AL or FT, this is the other version mentioned. Here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,101151.0.html
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:28 PM
Sweet so Im assuming it works then without any problems? No one said if they had a problem with it or not if they had the visitor controller...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Sweet so Im assuming it works then without any problems? No one said if they had a problem with it or not if they had the visitor controller...

Yes, since you have AL and FT, you won't have a problem.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:05 PM
The veil is from the Celebration Stuff Pack.

Ah! I see. Maybe I'll have to break down and get that. Thanks for responding.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 4:53 PM
Ah! I see. Maybe I'll have to break down and get that. Thanks for responding.

Breaking down, as in... crying? But you have that SP. :S
Mad Poster
#50 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 7:04 PM
Breaking down, as in... crying? But you have that SP. :S

Breaking down as in giving in. It seemed like a thin duplicate of the Holiday pack, so I didn't bother, but I can see now that it's not and apparently, I need it

I don't have it actually. I lied on my profile in order to download any lot with impunity. I think there must be some sort of a warning when you download lots that are recommended for use with expansions that you don't have. It's usually not an issue unless the creator heavily uses the content from a particular pack or expansion that I don't have, but I wanted to be able to make that call.

If I do get it, then I could download Phaenoh's beautiful cathedral that uses a lot of the Celebration Stuff.

The only question I have is, is it worth spending the extra $$ to get a new copy of the game and whatever downloadable content there is, or do I go the cheapest route possible and buy used?

Page 2 of 3