Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Everyone Clip/Find Coupons (January 25th, 2014)

by JunJayMdM Posted 3rd Jul 2012 at 7:22 PM - Updated 24th Jan 2014 at 11:41 PM by JunJayMdM : Updated for 1.67

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 8:34 PM
Thank you! I love your mods of the type "everyone can make something"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 10:35 PM
I like these sorts of mods, too.

Out of curiosity, is this autonomous for Frugal Sims only, for everyone, or not at all? I'm hoping it the first, because it's fun to see Frugal Sims do it but it's a bit out of character for a non-Frugal Sim to do it on their own.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:21 PM Last edited by MDM : 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bitterquill
I like these sorts of mods, too.

Out of curiosity, is this autonomous for Frugal Sims only, for everyone, or not at all? I'm hoping it the first, because it's fun to see Frugal Sims do it but it's a bit out of character for a non-Frugal Sim to do it on their own.

Don't worry, I was on my way to add the NoAutonomous version, I didn't have time earlier so I just uploaded the standard mod and created the thread, it will be up shortly

EDIT : Added, check the main post for details on the different versions

P.S. I just uploaded them so if they're not showing yet in the Downloads page, give it a few minutes.

Nothing's real. Nothing's unreal either.
The frontier between true and untrue is a shady fuzzy line.
Destiny, or maybe the long flight's time-span, shall decide the issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 12:22 AM
HEE! I was just thinking about something like this this week. Now everyone can save money!

WARNING! Imagination overload ahead:

This is just a suggestion, but to give frugal Sims an advantage, would you consider making a coupon forum or blog that frugal Sims can use to discuss deals with other frugal Sims in the current world? Think of "coupon mom" (http://www.couponmom.com/) or even a "couponing skill"? Sims who have a high couponing skill can, get more coupons/deals (doubled for those with the frugal trait), teach couponing classes at the School, Grocery Store, and maybe Bookstore?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
This is just a suggestion, but to give frugal Sims an advantage, would you consider making a coupon forum or blog that frugal Sims can use to discuss deals with other frugal Sims in the current world? Think of "coupon mom" (http://www.couponmom.com/) or even a "couponing skill"? Sims who have a high couponing skill can, get more coupons/deals (doubled for those with the frugal trait), teach couponing classes at the School, Grocery Store, and maybe Bookstore?

That sounds like far beyond my skills, also I'm pretty sure that adding a new skill to the game can only be done (maybe) with a core mod.
Nice idea though

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 2:48 AM
Thanks man, you make me happy!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 4:53 AM
Thank-you! I wanted this. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 6:16 AM
Oh my God, thank you!!! I have wanted this forever! I recently got into Modding, but just haven't had time/been able to find this one, yet! Thanks sooo much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 9:42 PM
This is awesome just what I need for my sims, everyone I know can clip coupons and now all my sims can, too. WooHoo!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 4:15 PM
My sims never have the frugal trait so this is very helpful. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 2:52 AM
OMG bless you for updating this so quickly.
Inventor
#13 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 8:41 AM
I had an inactive sim be reset and a script error reported that the sim (one with the frugal trait) was using the computer to clip coupons when it happened. I am up to date with Patch 1.42 and I have the Seasons EP installed.

I do use your Online Center mod, too and got another script error with your Study Skills Online mod when my active sim tried to study the piano online, autonomously. But I notice that you updated the Study Skills Online mod yesterday and I'll be using that new version to see if my problem is fixed for the skills mod. I added this info in case it's relevant.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 9:09 AM Last edited by MDM : 16th Nov 2012 at 9:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
I had an inactive sim be reset and a script error reported that the sim (one with the frugal trait) was using the computer to clip coupons when it happened. I am up to date with Patch 1.42 and I have the Seasons EP installed.

I do use your Online Center mod, too and got another script error with your Study Skills Online mod when my active sim tried to study the piano online, autonomously. But I notice that you updated the Study Skills Online mod yesterday and I'll be using that new version to see if my problem is fixed for the skills mod. I added this info in case it's relevant.

About the first one, I'll have to investigate it, this mod just replaces the availability, while the rest is all EA interaction. Thanks for the report

About Study Skills Online, yes, I temporarily uploaded a new version that disarms the error by canceling the interaction. Meanwhile, I seem to have found the problem, I tested it and it was successful. I'll upload the fixed version in a matter of minutes. I'll still keep the emergency "interaction cancel" just in case

Inventor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 3:24 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 1:23 AM
Has only verified if this works with 1.50?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 5:57 PM
Is this compatible with patch 1.50?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:33 PM
From what I heard, people use it just fine with the latest patch and it causes no problems whatsoever.
Anyway, I haven't had time to test it myself or even play the game for that matter, so be aware of this if you still want to use it.
A new update will be soon released anyway, I don't know when but I'll do my best

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 1:28 AM
Thank you! I've always wanted this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 2:31 PM
TY! Little chances like these make such a huge impact on how I like to play
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 10:56 PM
Extreme Couponing FTW!! this helps weed out useless traits!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:10 AM
I've used this mod before 1.67 so I know it works... but with the update, my sims can all clip coupons... only nothing is actually discounted? One note said "it's 25% off the original price! That's $3,000!" and the original price was the same, eheh... any ideas?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaitinValen
I've used this mod before 1.67 so I know it works... but with the update, my sims can all clip coupons... only nothing is actually discounted? One note said "it's 25% off the original price! That's $3,000!" and the original price was the same, eheh... any ideas?

Honestly, no, as that never happened to me. One thing I know for sure is that his mod is not causing it (at least not directly). Does it still happen if you remove it? If it only happens when you put this mod in, you could be using another mod that overrides the same interaction, causing a conflict with mine. That's all I can think of

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:09 PM
Great! Thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 8:08 PM
Great one. thanks.
Page 1 of 2