Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Bayless Plantation (Marsh Mansion)

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 31st Jul 2012 at 3:08 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2012 at 5:03 PM by Fergie_F

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 4:57 PM
I love Twinbrook too::D
Forum Resident
#3 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 7:46 PM
Whenever I try to download, I just get a message that says: "No input file specified."
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 7:49 PM
Creepy Thank you..
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
Whenever I try to download, I just get a message that says: "No input file specified."

When I re-downloaded from here it worked fine, I'd like to help you but I'm not sure what the problem is, has anyone else had this problem?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 3:44 AM
Wow, so much more of a down-trodden charm feeling than the original! Yours is quite lovely! Well, considering that it's a former slave plantation, in a swamp, with a road right outside the front door.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 12:55 PM
super! I love the style of that house and yes the atmosphere of Twinbrook is best for it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 7:57 PM
I downloaded from here as successfully..I think there is no problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ua_tolga
I downloaded from here as successfully..I think there is no problem.

Thanks, at least it works, Although I don't know what was causing the problem. I hope it was nothing major. Thank you all for the feedback
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM
My Twinbrook is the evil equivilant of TV's "Eureka"; being the place where they put all the mad scientists. Restored to more of its original glory, this place became the home of the mayor. With the real power residing in the hands of the scientists he just lives the life of importance and wealth even though he is living away from the more modern amenities in the swamps.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Collector
My Twinbrook is the evil equivilant of TV's "Eureka"; being the place where they put all the mad scientists. Restored to more of its original glory, this place became the home of the mayor. With the real power residing in the hands of the scientists he just lives the life of importance and wealth even though he is living away from the more modern amenities in the swamps.

It's great to hear how others are using something one of my creations, although your Twinbrook sounds a lot more awesome than mine...
Mine's pretty messed up, the Castor children are both in a relationships with the Bayless children, and then the Goode and Bad household somehow worked out their issues and got married. I just cant leave any of the households on their own for long, otherwise stuff like that happens, although I prefer to just play a couple of my custom households which are considerably less wierd...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergie_F
It's great to hear how others are using something one of my creations, although your Twinbrook sounds a lot more awesome than mine...
Mine's pretty messed up, the Castor children are both in a relationships with the Bayless children, and then the Goode and Bad household somehow worked out their issues and got married. I just cant leave any of the households on their own for long, otherwise stuff like that happens, although I prefer to just play a couple of my custom households which are considerably less wierd...

I don't actually play towns. I use the game to design towns for a couple of stories I'm actually writing. That means some of the buildings I design, like offices and laboratories, are probably completely unplayable but I can visualise where people are at points in the story.

Twinbrook was ideal for "Evil Eureka" because limited access to some areas means any government handlers who haven't yet been corrupted and who think they control what goes on can be kept away from really evil stuff like human experiments.

My Sunset Valley is the 2nd Edition one from the Sims official forums which has more spaces to develop including an unplayable hotel on one of the previously inaccesible points of land. That story concerns a couple of morally challenged genius sisters who encourage the rich and corrupt to move there so they can steal from them.
Some of Riverview has links to this story but that's held in reserve until the younger sister is old enough to go to the university she has sponsored there with her ill-gotten gains.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Collector
I don't actually play towns. I use the game to design towns for a couple of stories I'm actually writing. That means some of the buildings I design, like offices and laboratories, are probably completely unplayable but I can visualise where people are at points in the story.

That's quite a good idea, I've kind of done that before, to help me with and English Literature project I was working on for college. Although I later let sims loose on the lot(s) I created, once I had finished the story. Of course they managed to burn it down afterwards. but still, it was helpful to visualize the (creepy) grand old house, so that I could foreshadow the darkness behind it's facade, I'll have to look up the house and upload it, I used it for my "Riverview Murder House" after the story, and it's design helped me with the design of my Twinbrook zombie apocalypse house.
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 12:21 AM
I love this house! Thanks for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:58 AM
Great job. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 8:19 PM
This is really cute!! I've been rebuilding Twinbrook with my own builds for ages but I can't capture this aesthetic. Thanks!! You're builds are wonderful!!