Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apartment Life Shelving Fix

by Sims99Fanatic Posted 21st Aug 2012 at 6:15 PM - Updated 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:21 PM by Sims99Fanatic

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 6:48 PM
wow, thank you very useful
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 6:55 PM
Oh wow what was the point of the shelves then if they couldn't display stuff in the first place lol. Thanks for this fix.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 7:30 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I use these shelves a lot and it has been so annoying to find enough decorative items to go on them. I just can't thank you enough!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 9:57 PM
Thank you so much. It always annoyed me that so many things wouldn't go on the shelves.
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
So this is an override of the SLOT and OBJD resources from AL shelves?

It's a default replacement, so I think so yes.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 11:19 PM
When overriding game resources, upload to Game Mods / Default Replacements. Moved to correct place.
Banned
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 11:24 PM
Thank you!
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 1:20 AM
Very handy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 4:38 AM
Very awesome, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 4:57 AM
Yes, it's always bugged me, too, that certain decorative things couldn't go on those shelves! Thank you for making them further useful!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 7:07 AM
Thanks very much. I depend on shelf slots because most of my object mods use small decorative objects as container. Yep, I changed the object data on them and sometimes it doesn't work anyway, so I supposed that something had to be done also to the shelves. Much appreciated!
Banned
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 7:37 AM
Yeah, xptl, the OBJD changes only work for the Bon Voyage shelf, not Apartment Life shelving. If you want decor placed in AL shelving without this mod, you need to edit BHAVs of the decorative object.
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 9:19 AM
excuse the dummy question, but do all the recolors one have still work (because it's an default replacement)? (sorry for my bad english,always have to use translator)
Banned
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 7:35 PM
I haven't tested it to see if all the recolors still show up, but I don't see why not.
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 3:11 AM
this is beyond fabulous!! thank you!! It was driving me round the bend the other day trying to place some decos on the shelves with omsp, now I don't have to!! WOOHOO!!

quick (possibly dumb) question: I have usually placed urns onto endtables, with this mod/replacement, will I be able to put them on the shelves too?
Banned
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 3:53 AM
Yes. Anything that goes on end tables will fit on these shelves.
Alchemist
#19 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:50 AM
I think this is kind of similar fix by Lord Darcy's Centerpiece Fix which alters each object instead of the shelves? I'm not really sure, but I think this fix is a little different because IIRC I still couldn't place that vase next to the cactus on the shelf with Lord Darcy's fix. I don't remember though.
Banned
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 5:20 AM
No, that mod is a centerpiece mod. It adds a CT allow with food BHAV to decorative objects so sims won't move their chair away from the table when eating.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 11:29 AM
Oh, okay. ^^ Besides, I really like that you decided to not include BV shelf, because I think it's supposed to only hold 5 souvenirs for the special benefit.
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims99Fanatic
I haven't tested it to see if all the recolors still show up, but I don't see why not.

Thank you
Inventor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 11:26 PM
A very handy mod. Decent, but effective. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:42 PM
Thank you so much!! Now I can use these shelves a lot more!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 7:43 AM
Thank You! I'm really needing this :D
Page 1 of 2