Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for Moonlight Falls.world's various Fixes

by ellacharmed Posted 15th Sep 2012 at 9:29 PM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 3:22 AM
Sweet, sweet, sweet! Your world fixes are all life savers! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:18 AM
Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:34 AM
I use all your world routing fix. Thank you for this too.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:12 AM
Let me know if I bork anything up, OK? So I can do something about it before I let the .world version loose.

I'm sure folks are waiting for the .world version.
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 9:37 AM
Great work once more. Twallan's Stuck Check has regularly detected unroutable sims in MF during my plays. Hopefully this will reduce or totally stop those reports.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 10:37 AM
I don't know about the others, but this eliminated the really infuriating 15-second lag that I have. No issues encountered yet; I've been playing for a few real-life hours.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:12 AM
My games runs okay but I have a small problem when I and moving around the screen to view different areas of the world. I get small pauses that last about a second.

I would like to know if this is the sort of thing that this download will stop.

Thankyou
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 3:29 PM
Hi Ella, hopefully this is not an idiotic question but are these fixes only needed if one actually plays with the world or would the broken routing affect your game no matter what world you are playing. My guess is that it is only necessary if you are playing the world but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:09 PM
@tomboy,
if that is accompanied by objects loading their textures, that's common. But one second? That's fast!
If the 1 sec still bothers you, lower the Texture or Draw Distance settings (or both) in Options.

@SIMCITIZEN4,
Need the fixes for the world the Save is based on, basically.
So if it is a Moonlight Falls Save that you're loading, and you encounter the freeze and lag issues not solved by Overwatch (and other mods) as recommended in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki, then this is the next fix to try.

If you encounter it for other worlds, you of course need to download the resources (or world file if you prefer) from my other Downloads.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:14 PM
Hey,

Thank you for your work on The Sims 3 worlds. It makes me happy every time! =]

Sadly, I can't download both of the files included in this thread, the links seem to be broken... Is it my web browser (Awesome Google Chrome) which is doing crapness?

I also have a question : I play The Sims 3 with Moonlight Falls, at first I didn't encoutered any lags, but since a few hours, I encouter a lot of micro-lags every few seconds. I am a bit afraid of what is going on because I lost a previous save due to incredible lags. I am using NRaas Overwatch, BUT I don't use your fix right now (due to the broken links =( ), do your files fix those little lags?

Have great day!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:20 PM
@Zeeg,
just this Download thread or all Download threads on MTS? Is there an error message? Are you using a Download Manager of some sort? And downloading from other sites works?

If it is just MTS, try other browser? Or turn off the Download Manager. It is the weekend so we're seeing a bit of heavy traffic at the moment. There's also a 4 item download limit at any one time on MTS, so no one person hogs the bandwidth. It is working for me, by the way.

Most likely you need this fix. Test it and see and let me know the outcome.
But if after applying this fix and the lags are still there, post in Sims 3 Help and we can work through it. It could be due to bad CC or hardware or a corrupt install.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:33 PM
Seems to be hard traffic on MTS because sometimes I can download a file and sometimes I can't... Then nevermind, I downloaded your files. =]

I'll let you know the outcome of your fix, it appeared to work on Sunset Valley when I tried it, but sadly, Sunset Valley doesn't have any 64x64 lot, and I find it impossible to add a 64x64 lot where I wanted to... =[ That's why I'm trying Moonlight Falls now!

About the lags, I'm afraid it is my computer which is hardly failing. My GPU isn't that bad (HIS Radeon 5850 HD) but my CPU is low (i7 920 @2,6Ghz)...

Anyway, I will be able to send you some good feedback, because a new computer is on the way home with some great stuff inside, so we can check if it is from my actual donkey or if even with the new Mustang it is the same! :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 7:15 PM
Why does someone always have to go fixing up EA's worlds? Why can't they just do it right before releasing?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:09 PM
Thanks so much for doing what EA should have done in the first place!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@SIMCITIZEN4,
Need the fixes for the world the Save is based on, basically.
So if it is a Moonlight Falls Save that you're loading, and you encounter the freeze and lag issues not solved by Overwatch (and other mods) as recommended in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki, then this is the next fix to try.

If you encounter it for other worlds, you of course need to download the resources (or world file if you prefer) from my other Downloads.

Thanks Ellacharmed, so it is as I thought.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 5:29 PM
As a Professional Firefighter/EMT, my ability to combat boredom on a twenty four hour shift was directly proportional to other people's misery.

Fortunately, there was the Sims 3 and thirteen discs of creative problem solving to break up the down time, and stock problem solving outweighed the time in game play.

The only thing I look forward to more than the successive EP is ellacharmed's attentive world fixes, and this is the fifth series of corrections I have applied without issue or complaint.

I'm sure there are far more downloads than thanks, but for what it's worth from someone that plays the hell out of each world when misery isn't striking the individuals of the real world?

Thank you, ellacharmed.

"Wreck_Diver"
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wreck Diver
The only thing I look forward to more than the successive EP is ellacharmed's attentive world fixes, and this is the fifth series of corrections I have applied without issue or complaint.
Oh! :lovestruc
That makes my heart so glad to hear, you have no idea! Thank you!

With how annoyed I get dealing with EA's bugs on a daily basis answering questions and trying to write up FAQs, I'm glad you guys understand why my fixes are not the first ones out of the gate, while I try to make sure my fixes are not introducing new issues.

But this road is a long one as you all probably know of my earlier mistakes (from Pets' version downwards), that still needed redoing. I just managed to clear Sunset Valley off my plate, and have to get the rest re-done soon.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:23 PM
Thank's! This is what I have waited for!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 10:39 PM
I don't know why but if I apply the fixes and play the game (even with an old save or a new one (a clean one) and cleaning the caches) the game crash after some time of playing. Seems to be random. This never happend after using the fixed world. In Crash Log Analyzer saids (on Likely Cause column): Corrupt Save Crash - Restore the backup save game or start a new neighborhood
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 9:17 AM
Thank you so so so so so so so much!!!! Great work! (as always) I haven't had any issues with the town at all since I installed the fix and before that it was jumping and lagging continually. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:49 PM
I am eagerly awaiting the .world version, since I am scared of messing up my game by doing it myself.

Thanks, ellacharmed! I have my fingers firmly crossed that this will fix the annoying lag issues
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettynights
I am eagerly awaiting the .world version, since I am scared of messing up my game by doing it myself.

Thanks, ellacharmed! I have my fingers firmly crossed that this will fix the annoying lag issues

Same! I was halfway through the steps and thought... do I really want to spend ages fixing this when I do it wrong? Can't wait for the .world fix, hopefully it won't be too long :-)
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coto39
I don't know why but if I apply the fixes ... the game crash ...
This never happend after using the fixed world.
@coto39,
I'm confused by your post, sorry. The 2 snippets in the quote above seems to contradict each other.

Does the game crash with the fixes applied or only with no fixes applied?
Either case, have you done the Crashing Checklist (click the link in my signature)?

As for the .world file, guys (and gals), I'll get to it this week. Hopefully.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 2:08 PM
Best creator!