Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolourable/Patternable Glass Wings, for All Ages

by Esmeralda Posted 16th Sep 2012 at 8:34 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2019 at 7:37 PM by Esmeralda : Just some changes to text

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:47 PM
that is very pretty <3

Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 10:39 PM
I was wondering how long it would take you to do this.

Thank you, these are lovely!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:19 PM
I knew someone would make the wings pretty. Yay! Thank you very much, I love it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:52 PM
Oooooooh.. I thought these were recolours of the new Supernatural fairy wings... :/

Very nice job tho!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:43 AM
Oh, this is adorable!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:36 AM
Wow ... this is just ... really amazing. Thank you so much, I have just the sim for these.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
Oooooooh.. I thought these were recolours of the new Supernatural fairy wings... :/

Very nice job tho!

No, these are even better. They're like fairy prosthetics, or fairy wings for fairy wannabes. Imagine a regular sim character who frequents supernatural hangouts with his fake fairy wings, trying to fit in...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by LE102071

Very nice job tho!

Nope, those 'wings' are not even wings, just a sparkle effect - they have no mesh. Mine are a real 'glass' mesh.

Quote: Originally posted by kithri
No, these are even better. They're like fairy prosthetics, or fairy wings for fairy wannabes. Imagine a regular sim character who frequents supernatural hangouts with his fake fairy wings, trying to fit in...

Ha ha, I love that idea! I was indeed thinking in terms of some more 'real'-looking wings for the Supernaturals, because I'm not really a fan of those sparkle-effect 'wings'. Next thing is to figure out how to cancel out the sparkle-effect wings!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 10:06 PM
Could I use your mesh to make my own wings, I love yours but I wanted some huge bat wings for my vampires, and I have no clue how to mesh, so I would like to start with yours to change up the shape a little. Could I? Please?

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and have everyone wondering how the heck you did it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess_Celestial
Could I use your mesh to make my own wings, I love yours but I wanted some huge bat wings for my vampires, and I have no clue how to mesh, so I would like to start with yours to change up the shape a little. Could I? Please?

To be honest, these are nothing like bat wings and would need a LOT of reshaping to make them into such a thing, which would be very difficult and messy as the shape is so different from what you're aiming for, plus a lot of re-UVmapping, plus they are glass and would have to be changed to a solid material. It would actually be much easier to make a new set of wings from scratch.

If you have no clue how to mesh, this is not a good way to start - you'd be better off watching some videos on YouTube on how to mesh so that you can get some idea of what it entails. And then you can ask questions in the Sims 3 Creation forum if you get stuck.

There are already a few bat wings out there - for instance, RoseSims has some: http://www.rosesims2.net/ , then click on sims 3, then Magic, and scroll down. I think there may be some at Sims Cave too, not sure, but I do remember seeing some others. You should try the Where Can I Find forum to find more: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559 . Good luck!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 1:52 PM
I think I love you, Esmeralda! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
To be honest, these are nothing like bat wings and would need a LOT of reshaping to make them into such a thing, which would be very difficult and messy as the shape is so different from what you're aiming for, plus a lot of re-UVmapping, plus they are glass and would have to be changed to a solid material. It would actually be much easier to make a new set of wings from scratch.

If you have no clue how to mesh, this is not a good way to start - you'd be better off watching some videos on YouTube on how to mesh so that you can get some idea of what it entails. And then you can ask questions in the Sims 3 Creation forum if you get stuck.

There are already a few bat wings out there - for instance, RoseSims has some: http://www.rosesims2.net/ , then click on sims 3, then Magic, and scroll down. I think there may be some at Sims Cave too, not sure, but I do remember seeing some others. You should try the Where Can I Find forum to find more: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559 . Good luck!

Okay, I forgot about the whole glass thing. I will try again sometime using that video.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and have everyone wondering how the heck you did it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:19 AM
Wow, definitely have to get this. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:11 PM
Very nice. I'm not sure if it'll help you at all with "Supernatural" but I know that older 'no mosaic' files cancel out the new ep fairy wings. I have no idea if you can incorporate one of those files into what you want to do. Just figured I'd put it out there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
Very nice. I'm not sure if it'll help you at all with "Supernatural" but I know that older 'no mosaic' files cancel out the new ep fairy wings. I have no idea if you can incorporate one of those files into what you want to do. Just figured I'd put it out there.

Thanks! Yes, I'm aware of that issue - hopefully someone will be able to figure out a mod that only affects the wings (not sure if I'll get around to doing it myself, but I know there are other modders who also want to be able to cancel out the SN wings). The SN wings are not terrible, but it would just be good to have a choice.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 7:02 PM
they are very beautiful thank u for another great stuff
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 4:39 AM
Wow I really like the patterns, this is really creative. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 5:42 PM
I like these better than the fairy wings EA made... :-) Really don't have inclination right now to figure out how to dismantle the EA wings so I can use these instead, but later... :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 10:53 AM
i have a problem - a big line on sim waist...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowikplayer
i have a problem - a big line on sim waist...

Strange problem. I doubt it's anything to do with these wings, as they are technically 'glasses' and so they would not causes issues with the waist.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 4:40 PM
Quit making beautiful wings that make me jealous XD I'm kidding good job!

Whats nocturnal, fanged, glowy-eyed, and carniverous? A vampire? No! A kitty cat!
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:18 PM
When I put the wings on a sim, this weird 'long shard of glass' kind of stabs through the sims body. The shard of glass is recolorable and is seemingly part of the wings...so I don't think I did anything wrong.... Please help! I'd love to be able to use these!

Whats nocturnal, fanged, glowy-eyed, and carniverous? A vampire? No! A kitty cat!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 3:32 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 8th Nov 2012 at 5:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Magickaela
When I put the wings on a sim, this weird 'long shard of glass' kind of stabs through the sims body. The shard of glass is recolorable and is seemingly part of the wings...so I don't think I did anything wrong.... Please help! I'd love to be able to use these!

That's...really, really weird. At first I thought it might have been one of the lower level of detail meshes (which you don't usually see except from very far away) missing a bone assignment. But on re-testing them, it's now doing that on the high level of detail, which it definitely wasn't before. I wonder if the latest patch did something weird to the graphics? Am now trying to re-make them, and will have to go back and test all my other wings uploaded here too, which all use that same mesh. Thanks for telling me, and I hope I can get them to work properly again.

ETA: Have now uploaded fixed version, hope these will now work OK for everyone. Also tested my other sets of wings and they seem to be OK (I hope).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 1:54 PM
Oh these are just precious, many thanks.
Page 1 of 2