Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Goodywood : 25th Sep 2012 at 5:26 AM.
Default Idea: Place-able sidewalks/paths as neighborhood decor....
I had an idea...

I want to create place-able sidewalks (paths), as a neighborhood decor.

Like the path in this photo (to the right):

I would make these following shapes:

Curved:

Slightly Curved (Can be converted into a full Curve):

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thi...=l&tid=29855320

Straight:

Sharp Corner:

I hope this makes sense... I really want something like this in my game, especially when it comes to placing lots. I hate putting lots in the middle of nowhere without having a path that leads to it from the street (if that makes sense). Or even having a path around the lot, would be nice.

So, tell me what you guys think. I'll have to figure out how I'm going to create it. I'd definitely will use EA's sidewalk terrain. I guess I would create a mesh, then with the texture I have to use EA's sidewalk, and create the shapes I want.

My question is: How do I make it seamless? I want to make sure they fit perfectly together, so people can create any kind of shape they want. Also, I'm not sure what you call it, but making it so the Sims know to walk on the path. I guess routing? I don't know. lol
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 5:12 PM
Why not just add a normal sidewalk?
I'm not sure you can make it so that sims will follow it like a path, and it wouldn't bend to the shape of the hill like the picture, it would just hang over the edge like a flat bridge.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 1:49 AM
You are so right, I forgot about that part. Thank you for mentioning it! I guess it would work out then... Hmm... Well, I've decided to try editing my world in CAW. We'll see what happens.

I'm trying to edit LP, but I heard EA put a protection on the store worlds.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goodywood
I'm trying to edit LP, but I heard EA put a protection on the store worlds.

Ah, that could be a problem. If it's purely for deco, this would actually work well in Lucky Palms, as it's a really flat world for the most part. You'd have to use the LP sidewalk texture though, or it might look a bit wierd :P
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 11:28 AM
Did you ever do this??? Its what I'm looking for x
Quote: Originally posted by Goodywood
I had an idea...

I want to create place-able sidewalks (paths), as a neighborhood decor.

Like the path in this photo (to the right):

I would make these following shapes:

Curved:

Slightly Curved (Can be converted into a full Curve):

Straight:

Sharp Corner:

I hope this makes sense... I really want something like this in my game, especially when it comes to placing lots. I hate putting lots in the middle of nowhere without having a path that leads to it from the street (if that makes sense). Or even having a path around the lot, would be nice.

So, tell me what you guys think. I'll have to figure out how I'm going to create it. I'd definitely will use EA's sidewalk terrain. I guess I would create a mesh, then with the texture I have to use EA's sidewalk, and create the shapes I want.

My question is: How do I make it seamless? I want to make sure they fit perfectly together, so people can create any kind of shape they want. Also, I'm not sure what you call it, but making it so the Sims know to walk on the path. I guess routing? I don't know. lol