Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Red Berry Terrace - A cozy brick house with three bedrooms and 3.5 baths, No CC.

by Pippenhouse Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 4:25 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 5:00 PM
Lovely house with a great layout. I love all the effort you've put into the outdoors.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 6:04 PM
It's beautiful, Pippenhouse. So nice to see one of your houses again.
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 8:13 PM
Looks very cozy! Thanks.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 8:36 PM
I like the brick accents inside, and I love that 2nd floor hallway!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:35 PM
Such an interesting floor plan
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 8:47 AM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the nice comments .
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:27 PM
Beautiful house! Amazingly simple and brilliant. Definitely a house I would love to live in. This inspires me for future houses too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:27 AM
You always do such a nice job with your lots, Pippenhouse! This is another great one that will make a sweet addition to my 'hood!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:07 PM
I absolutely love this, it looks so real! Did you use a lighting mod to take the pics as they look superb?

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 4:59 PM
Pippenhouse! So good to see another house from you! This one is really lovely! Please, share how you made that pool. My base game pools are always just rectangles, can't get them to connect like yours!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 5:26 PM
Thanks again for leaving such lovely comments, I'm really glad you like it!

@LadyAngel, No mods were used, I did however edit the pictures in gimp to lighten them up just a bit. Thanks for commenting!

@triciamanly, I used a tutorial found here. I hope that'll help you to create some more interesting pool shapes in the future . Thanks for commenting!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 6:43 AM
Looks great! Thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 4:22 AM
How is this house listed at only 57 825 simoleans? When I put it in my game, the price is 140,219!

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
How is this house listed at only 57 825 simoleans? When I put it in my game, the price is 140,219!

I used a mod called "stay things scrub" from Simlogical when building this house. It allows me to move a family in and playtest everything while still keeping all the furniture when they move out.

This mod also changes the lot price when the family moves out.
I believe Mootilda uploaded a fix for this mod if I'm not mistaken, If you have that fix in your downloads folder that may explain the price issue.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 4:01 PM
So what I'm understanding from you is that you have a mod that artificially lowers the prices for these lots, and that I need to change my game setup to get the price that you've listed?

I don't care to modify my game that way, and I decide what lots to download based on whether my sims can afford them at their current financial level. So I've just downloaded lots you've created, but I am unlikely to ever use because they are way too expensive for my sims.

I don't know what the specific site rules are, but it would seem to go without saying that the price you should list your houses at is the price they will cost in an unmodded game--or at least mention in the post that the price is due to the stay-things shrub.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Pippenhouse : 19th Jun 2013 at 9:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
So what I'm understanding from you is that you have a mod that artificially lowers the prices for these lots, and that I need to change my game setup to get the price that you've listed?

I don't care to modify my game that way, and I decide what lots to download based on whether my sims can afford them at their current financial level. So I've just downloaded lots you've created, but I am unlikely to ever use because they are way too expensive for my sims.

I don't know what the specific site rules are, but it would seem to go without saying that the price you should list your houses at is the price they will cost in an unmodded game--or at least mention in the post that the price is due to the stay-things shrub.

No, I have a mod which lets me move a family into the house in order to playtest the house and then move them out without all the furniture going with them, this has the side effect of lowering the value of the lot. I only recently became aware of this effect.

The mod from mootilda that I mentioned was speculation on my part as to why you're seeing a different price than me. It was something I suspected you've installed, since you say you haven't obviously the staythingsshrub works differently than I previously thought so I'll have to go through my old houses and see if the prices are correct.

You don't need to modify your game, in fact one might argue that you don't really need to download my houses at all if you're unhappy with the tools I use for playtesting.

*edit*
Having just uninstalled everything sims2 related, reinstalled just the basegame completely without mods the house still has the listed price. Don't really know why this happens. I'll try adding expansion packs and see if that changes anything.

*edit2*
With seasons it's still the listed price when placing the lot. But if you enter the lot the price updates, if you do this before buying the house and moving in it costs more so that seems to be what's going on. If you don't it still costs the listed price.

No need to mod your game, if you want it for the listed house simply either use basegame or avoid loading into the lot before buying the house.
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 10:41 AM
This house is beautiful! It's a great house to bring up a nuclear family! All your hard work and effort that goes into this house is wonderful! It's beauitful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 11:04 AM
thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:09 AM
I really love the layout, size of the rooms and the fact that you included a skill building item for each skill. Also super affordable! Kudos and THANK YOU!