Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DIY Beds

by chasmchronicle Posted 31st Oct 2012 at 2:26 PM - Updated 2nd Nov 2012 at 2:12 AM by SeeMyu

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:53 PM
Mattresses

Fun little things. You'll be needing these to even begin on the set.. so I guess you could refer to them as base items, but maybe not? anywho..

These are of course, the only object your sim will be having interactions with. You don't need to be clicking the other objects because you will not get any interaction with the bed since they are not truly apart of the bed.

The bottom mattresses have a darker shading to them for a reason: to be able to align the mattress with the bottom mattress perfectly. Once on there completely, you cannot see the shaded area.

These are classified in levels of comfort. So, Low Comfort will give your sim barely any comfort, while High Comfort will give your sim maximum comfort. You can tell the difference between them by looking at the sheet design.
  • Low Comfort = Green Pattern
  • Medium Comfort = Cow Fur Pattern
  • High Comfort = Orangish Pattern

The tiling is a little funky for the bottom mattresses in the shaded area, but that was a fault on EA's part. Luckily, the part that is funky is not shown since the main mattresses and is not that noticeable. The sides of the bottom mattresses that are shown do not have a funky area.
Screenshots

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 12:16 AM
Headboards/Footboards

These are, of course, the other base objects for the bed. These are meant to line up next to the bed.. but you can use them anywhere as well.

These don't always have to function as a Headboard/Footboard, but as other decorations as well.

To position correctly or in a different way than usual, remember to hold down the ALT key. Also, these objects do not have matching footprints. Not that, that effects the object in anyway.. just allows the sims to not have any sort of object blocking their pathway.
Screenshots

Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 12:28 AM Last edited by SeeMyu : 26th Oct 2012 at 1:43 AM.
Extras/Misc. Accessories

Now here are the objects that make the beds even more interesting! Even some of these objects you can use to create headboards and footboards. All by holding down ALT and a little imagination!

Now you must be careful with these objects because you must not position them to where there footprints are blocking the pathway to the bed that the sims use. This picture below shows where not to have any footprints:

Now, if you don't know what footprints are.. they're the green outline around the object when moving the item in buy mode. And that picture is not 100% accurate.. but I think you see the overall area to be careful with.

Other than that, the sim should be able to access the bed with no problems! If you do encounter a problem, please report it!

Now, back to shifting these things. The only way you will be able to accomplish shifting them is using an OMSP. And yes, I know how annoying it is.. but the outcome is great, especially with off-grid still being enabled when on the OMSP.
Screenshots

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 3:45 PM
What is OMSP? I am a noob when it come to thing like what you made.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 4:24 PM
This is a really cool idea - too involved for me, I never actually use the DIY stuff for sims, but I love the way they look. Great job!
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 4:34 PM
Wooooow, so cool! Nicely done, Myu :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:27 PM
Great idea!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:59 PM
Ooh, so is this the sekrit project?
Very nice :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GAminRoger
What is OMSP? I am a noob when it come to thing like what you made.

OMSP stands for One More Slot Please. SeeMyu has one linked in the overview page of this upload. Use the link and you will find everything you need to know there.

Great set SeeMyu. Even with all the beds from CC and Store sets, sometimes you just can't find one that fits what you're looking for. I don't think I'll ever have that problem again now. Thanks.
mature minion
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:50 PM
Glad to see this project made it to completion, great work See!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 7:26 PM
This is amazing! <3

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 8:29 PM
Just have to say these are amazing See! Great job :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 9:07 PM
Love the idea here. Amazing work, glad you were able to complete. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 9:19 PM
Amazing idea. I saw this for TS2 and immediately wanted it for TS3, nice timing, huh?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 9:36 PM
you are awesome, thank you for this set.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 10:26 PM
I appreciate all of the feedback, guys! :lovestruc

@GAminRoger I believe d.raver1337 answered everything for you.

@abbyheath1 Thank you! Also, when was this for TS2? I don't recall there ever being such set. lol

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 1:09 AM
I'm not sure that I want to go to all this trouble, just to give my sim a bed, but I'm extremely impressed at what you've managed to accomplish, anyway. Congratulations on an outstanding achievement!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:45 AM
Well, now, isn't THIS just the schmanciest thing ever! I like, I like. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:02 AM
Get ready to be mad when Eaxis decides to do that in Sims 4...
Instructor
#21 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by onomasta

Maybe they'll include it in the OFB expansion....
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:17 PM Last edited by Jaguwar : 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:04 AM.
What are you thanking me for? I don't remember providing any kind of help on this one; after all, it was top sekrit! LOL

Seriously, this is a very cool idea. Sometimes I just need a daybed instead of a couch, and I'd love to be able to have my visiting sims to sleep in the living room, for instance, but they can only nap. This solves the problem. I'm sure others will think of reasons to use this set, too!

(P.S. You're welcome, for however much or little you think I helped.)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:36 AM
snazzy, very snazzy

xx
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by onomasta

I have seen Cmomoney do a time stone that gives out free weather. It doesn't give actual rain to water plants and such, but it was long before the Seasons EP.

If EA looks at Mod The Sims and sees that what they were planning to do has already been done, they will facekeyboard. (facepalm on keyboard.)

I think something like Cmo's Pose Player should have already been kept in the game as a debug object, I am so surprised EA didn't think of that.

Why is it that MTS seems to be so much better at Simming than the people who actually made the game?!

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and have everyone wondering how the heck you did it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#25 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess_Celestial
I think something like Cmo's Pose Player should have already been kept in the game as a debug object, I am so surprised EA didn't think of that.

It is. You can play any animation that came with the game. Game_Help:Sims_3_Cheats#Movie.2FPicture_Taking_Cheatswiki
Page 1 of 3