Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Environment Lighting Tweaks v4.0 & v5.6.55 GOLD

by mahamudo Posted 18th Nov 2012 at 8:05 PM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 5:58 AM by mahamudo : 1.55 compatible, dynamic shadow updated.

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:16 PM
No world.ini edits?! YOU HAVE ME SOLD! I hate patching and then all of my worlds crashing because I didn't backup their original world files, so this is a great alternative to that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:23 PM
I was hoping someone would make this! Thanks!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:25 PM
Wow beautiful, Good job I'm still having so much fun watching the default season changes this is sure to make my game even more fun (Yeah I'm a geek)
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:06 PM
Very nice! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:22 PM
Thank you so much for this! I've been waiting for something like it
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:38 PM
Hey, you finally brought these out of hiding from your website! lol. You have tweaked them perfectly since v1.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 2:48 AM
Thank you my dears. I'm still unsatisfied with the night and still working on it. Maybe you will see v4.0 or additional v3.0 settings soon.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 4:10 AM
I love these! I've had 1.2, 2.0 and now 3.0, so if you continue to tweak it I will undoubtedly keep downloading. Beautiful stuff.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:13 AM
These are absolutely beautiful :O Can't wait to get in my game! ^_^ Question, though, I'm assuming more "bloom" means more colorful sunsets and things? I'm not entirely clear on that xD Thank you!! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shiann
These are absolutely beautiful :O Can't wait to get in my game! ^_^ Question, though, I'm assuming more "bloom" means more colorful sunsets and things? I'm not entirely clear on that xD Thank you!! :D

Nope.
More Bloom means when an object gets too bright under the sunlight, it will show the "glow" effect more easily.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 6:21 AM
Sweet, this is gorgeous. Will have to try it out after work tomorrow.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 3:24 PM
I know someone on the official forums who has this lightening tweak downloaded and takes the most beautiful pictures of his sims. I want to try it, but I'm scared by adding this I'll mess something up. Great work though!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 3:55 PM
Will this mod override also the settings of worlds with their own custom lighting like Bridgeport, Appaloosa plains and so on?
Or will it just affect worlds witch the Basegame settings such as Sunset valley, Riverview, Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs?

P.S. Thanks for the tutorial in your blog

Live your dream.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gianni Caruso
Will this mod override also the settings of worlds with their own custom lighting like Bridgeport, Appaloosa plains and so on?
Or will it just affect worlds witch the Basegame settings such as Sunset valley, Riverview, Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs?

P.S. Thanks for the tutorial in your blog

Yes. It will override all of them. As I have mentioned, "it works on all worlds".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
I know someone on the official forums who has this lightening tweak downloaded and takes the most beautiful pictures of his sims. I want to try it, but I'm scared by adding this I'll mess something up. Great work though!!!

Don't worry. This is not a functional mod of a core mod. This is just a default replacement. You also don't need to modify your world files. Just simply add this to your packages folder if you want or simply remove it if you don't like.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 7:29 PM
Default Very Impressive
I hesitated the other day when you had the older version up. But after I seen the new and improved 4.0 I would have a go at it. And all I can say is I'm glad I did pick this up. The lighting effect is absolutely gorgeous. I used your recommendations for my game and I love the effect. While I have turned off the SN Full Moon setup in my game, I'm most impressed with the transitions between days & nights and how the overall world looks with the new lighting setup. Everything is so crisp and clear and just beautiful. When I get some time and summer rolls around, I have two lovebirds that are going to go down to the beach and watch the sunrise. Screenshot time!!!

Thanks again. This is definitely one to hold onto. Not sure how you could make it much better than what it is now.

Wish I had some screeners to show you but I'm still setting up my My New World I picked up to play in. Judy did an absolutely beautiful job building this world. And I'm really enjoying it. Especially with your lighting effects.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 12:42 AM
Thanks for this awesome work. 1 quick question though... will this conflict with dDefinder's Outdoor lighting tweaks?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CJDJ
Thanks for this awesome work. 1 quick question though... will this conflict with dDefinder's Outdoor lighting tweaks?

Yes. it will.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:07 AM
This looks amazing in-game! I bet this will look even better when I get seasons to go with it. Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mahamudo
Nope.
More Bloom means when an object gets too bright under the sunlight, it will show the "glow" effect more easily.

Ah, I see, thank you! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 3:03 AM
Cool mod. Can't wait to play with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 8:38 AM
Thank you all my dears.
I'm now pretty satisfied with the daytime color, lightness, highlight/shadow contrast and the bloom effect. So I'm not going to update this mod for a long time (Maybe).
However, because of the limitation of the game rendering system, I can only set the grey and blue night color to be like that, otherwise it will be too bright or the gradient will not be smooth. That is also the limit I can accept by adjusting it on my monitor.....(Yes..I can distinguish gery value 0 and 1 from my monitor with my eye. I set sky color to 2 and the gradient is rendered as 0>3>7>10, not a smooth 0>1>2>3......, very rough....)
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 12:56 AM
so u put it in the overrides file in the mods file
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by momo34846
so u put it in the overrides file in the mods file

In common situation, putting it in the packages folder is enough.
Page 1 of 4