Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Retuned Attraction System (1.67 compatible)

by Fentonparkninja Posted 1st Dec 2012 at 1:37 PM - Updated 10th Apr 2014 at 9:53 AM by Fentonparkninja : Patch 1.67

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 2:50 PM
This looks very interesting & I think I'll try it out. I do like some aspects of the new EA system, but like most new things they give us, it's in need of tweaking/working out the kinks. The current system is grating on my last nerve with all the calls to my HAPPILY MARRIED sims for dates from near strangers! And the gifting system is totally out of control!

I expect (hope) we will see a better attraction system with another game update soon, but until then, and maybe even beyond then, your mods look "attractive" enough to try out, lol. Thank you for your efforts & sharing!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 2:53 PM
Agreed with all Mimi said. I bet this mod will make the lame attraction system actually good, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:04 PM
Forgot to add: Congrats on your first mod upload! I'll make this one a "thanks"!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 4:36 PM
Any idea if this is compatible with Twallan's mods? I don't think he's tweaked anything within the attraction parameters, but one never knows.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 5:10 PM
many thanks for this looks like it will be very useful like mimi says great work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 5:19 PM
Wow, thanks! This mod will definitely make my game more interesting. :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 6:15 PM
Have any idea if it's compatable with either Twallan's mods or Darkpool's Inteen mod? I've used both mods in the past (not at the same time heh) and this mod sounds wonderful ... so I'd like to see if I can use it or not. The way that I get all those date calls and random gifts drives me INSANE. Thank you so much!

Ángel Quebrado

You have the look of a fallen angel ... An angel
does not stop being an angel merely because they
fall from grace; their wings are not so easily taken
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 10:42 PM
Awesome...I thought I was the only one PO'd about the shady attraction system....I am a detail-oriented simmer and need for things to jibe just right...good one!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 10:44 PM
If you mean Twallan's Woohooer, I believe it has its own method of scoring attraction. This mod doesn't appear to cause errors with it, but I've noticed that the scores (that you see with 'Scan Room') can exceed the limit possible with this mod, so I'm guessing there are other factors considered. You'd have to ask at the Nraas site as to the extent it uses the XMLs in this mod for calculating attraction.

I haven't heard of the Inteen mod sorry, though if that mod doesn't override the same XMLs as this one, there's a good chance they will work fine together.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:19 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I hated the fact, that my sim was attracted to everyone... just so annoying!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 11:36 AM
Yes very annoying! Is it possible to make a version that takes away the attraction just for married couples? And thanks for a lovely mod

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:30 PM
Thanks for the upload and the designing of the MOD.

I installed it and I am getting some weirdness? I don't understand how this is happening?

Every one of my married Sims are reduced to "best friends" status. I would go and remarry them and it will stay that way until I go back into the game on another day. Then again, back to best friends??

I took out the MOD, and they stayed married.

I'm not sure what's messing up on my end (and I'm sure it's my end), but I don't have anything new added other than the latest patching.

I was so looking forward to this MOD.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:15 AM
Will try out this mod. Thanks a bunch!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:28 AM
TezaG76: Unfortunately there isn't a field in the XMLs that looks at the partner status of sims. Might be some other indirect way of accomplishing it though, so I'll see if I can figure out anything.

deblake60: Not sure what would cause that. It's possible that one of the fields is tuned to something the game isn't expecting (or is misspelled), but I've not experienced your issue in any of my test games (with and without other mods). Do all the variants do this or just one in particular?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Do all the variants do this or just one in particular?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here? This is happening to all my married couples in each of my worlds. EXCEPT that it's not happening to my Human Sims (both spouses are human).
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 7:52 PM
@Fentonparkninja
I have a question about the Moodlet based. The attraction system is just calculated only at the first met, right? So when a sims don't have the moodlet at the time, they will be ignored forever, right? Even if later they add it for the second meeting, it won't change anything, right?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 9:39 PM
Thank you Sooooo much, I was very sick of seeing the insulting "Compliment" I don't care what anyone thinks, I think you're hot! it's like saying I think you're hot even though everyone else thinks you look like Quasimodo
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 11:52 PM
This was an absolutely amazing idea! Can't wait to install it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 4:02 AM
deblake60: I mean which of the packages are you using (Zodiac, Mood, Reward or Variety) and does it happen with any of them or just one? Though if it's only happening to your occult marriages, that's pretty strange and I'd be inclined to think one of your other mods might be in conflict or outdated in some way.

Celebriton: That's been my experience so far. Once sims interact, they get their attraction score and are stuck with it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
deblake60: I mean which of the packages are you using (Zodiac, Mood, Reward or Variety) and does it happen with any of them or just one? Though if it's only happening to your occult marriages, that's pretty strange and I'd be inclined to think one of your other mods might be in conflict or outdated in some way.

Celebriton: That's been my experience so far. Once sims interact, they get their attraction score and are stuck with it.

Could you make a version of this mod where only married couples are attracted to each other. Maybe you could also work on a no more alien abductions mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 6:39 AM
Oh wow, thank you so much. This should help tune down all the heartness going on in SV right now. I'll try the Variety...variety. 8D Thanks!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 1:21 AM
Thanks for sharing this! Something needed to be done with the horrible new attraction system! I was wondering, would you be able to make a trait attraction version? So the attraction is more about personality compatibility than about mood?
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 1:58 AM
I agree with papayapie. Do traits factor into any of your attraction mods? Originally in base game, Sims were always attracted by traits (personality), then zodiac signs were added to that later. I would prefer Sims to keep that attraction combination overall (traits/zodiac). The other attraction factors like reward or mood are less important to me (but still good for variety). So if trait attraction could be added to the "Variety" flavor package file, that would make this mod perfect! :D

Oh, btw, would these mods interfere with Severedsolo's Romance Reputation Recombulator mod (this site)?
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 6:55 AM
papayapie/Pamhamlet: I haven't used trait attraction in any of my tuning, but it's one of the parameters the default system uses, so it's easy to put in. Will look at doing so later on.

I'm fairly sure that this mod will work with romance reputation adjusters, as some of my own personal tuning adjusts the romantic reputation without causing issues when my attraction mods are also installed.
Page 1 of 6