Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
I didn't know about the grass. But the image on the puck never changed for me b4 I installed the EP. I had a hell of a time trying to change a godawful puck image once...so if it did change, I would've noticed.

According to a post by MaxoidTom on this site, this is a new feature of the EP. Apparently the poses were chosen randomly before, and now they're based on system time and change when you use the mirror. I've also had icons change just by being in another Sim's Wants or when they're talking on the phone, etc. I'm glad they change now but it'll take some getting used to.

My own bug is Uni reverting Sims to their pre-SimSurgery incorrect Maxis skins, and SimSurgery no longer working, but I've detailed that on another thread. I don't know if this is just my messed up game or an actual "bug", though.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 5:26 AM Last edited by katgyrl : 6th Mar 2005 at 7:50 AM. Reason: added another bug report
>> when i use the new musical instruments in the regular 'hoods i can't get the visiting sims to stop playing - i have to use the moveobjects cheat to get rid of them. so any time my sims have jam sessions i have to delete their band members or they just play forever. having my sim try to talk to them or say goodbye or shoo them does no good at all...

a useful hack (or a fix in the upcoming uni patch) would be adding an "end jam session" command to the right click pie menu on the household sim and/or all the band member sims.

>> also the bonfires never end, i've had one going on one lot for days and days and no sign of it dying out. i deleted another bonfire on a different lot and the pile of wood deleted but the flames stayed on the lot for days, til i moved the family out and back in again. that's seriously annoying as i was looking fwd to the bonfires...

i've tested both these "bugs" with a few hacks (which are on daysies list of hacks that are working in uni) in and also with no hacks in the game whatsoever.

>> not a bug per se, but hella stupid : when you have a bunch of sims perform music together they all put out little busking pots for people to put money in... which is completely goofy when you're playing in a private house.

>> the music from sims playing instruments overlaps when i go into build/buy mode and when i go back to live mode again both soundtracks play at once for a few seconds. sometimes neither soundtrack wins the battle and i lose all sound in the game.
Test Subject
#53 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 5:33 AM
I have had a bug but im not if it is one where i went to a comunity area while playing and i sent one of my sims to class and they came back to the comunity area after they had finished then i went back home and because it saves it at the time you leave i came back before my class and actually went again and got the experience
Test Subject
#54 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 7:13 AM
I discovered a bug regarding moving out and into a new or same lot. In Uni, when you move out of a lot you not only bring your cash on hand but also the net worth of the furniture, which isn't supposed to be sold since the furniture does not dissapear. So if you were to move back into the same lot, all your old furniture would be there plus you would have a net increase of cash on hand. Move out again and you will accumulate more wealth (the net worth of furniture) and move back in, you will see that the furniture is still there...
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 7:20 AM
ssjzeek: I don't think that is a bug. I think that it was intentional.

To be honest I don't really like the 'college time' passes on community lot idea. It doesn't make sense, especially when you are controlling more than one sim in a household.

I had a case where I was on a community lot and my female sim was writing an exam (she walked off the community lot). I got my male sim to go to another community lot while she was doing her exam and she dissapeared. He then went to write his exam later. When he returned, I got him to go home and the girl was walking around but her exam was supposedly still in progress. I had to click her again to go back to her exam. So basically, the boy was now ahead of her in school time, when he was originally behind. If anyone followed what I said - I really think the college time system is a bad one.
Test Subject
#56 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 7:22 AM
I can't just turn off Wall-Hanging Speaker
even I turn off-ed Music Player Machines =_=
Anybody Experienced this?
Firestarter
#57 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 7:40 AM
I can't turn off the buy/build and neighborhood music anymore I have it all disabled and yet it still keeps on going.
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SoulStripper
When this happens to me, as I mentioned earlier, and I left this part out, their relationships don't progress at all. do they for you?

Hmm... I don't know. I haven't paid attention to that. It is possible that it their relationship doesn't change. I guess it makes sense--if they don't move their mouths to talk, how can they increase their relationship?

Anyway, I guess this problem is worse than I thought. We need a fix for this! WAAAAA!

(OK, I'm cool now.)
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 8:13 PM
My bug is the opposite of the Jesus bug. My teen gets out of the pool, but instead of walking, say, to the couch, she swims in the ground, pops up, and sits on the couch. She's been like this for days, I've moved them out and back in, and reset her, but she still swims with no skill point over her head.
#60 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 8:52 PM
hey my name is chocflake21, and i bought my sims2 uni version yesterday and my problem is my sims wont go to school. if someone can help me email me at stment@optusnet.com.au please help the game sucks if they don't go to school and i've tried to make them but no go HELP!!!!!!
Test Subject
#61 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaisyTighfield
I've been getting a weird bug with toddlers, where when they try to learn how to walk, talk, or use the potty the progress bar just keeps reseting :confused:

I had that bug too, but I only have Sims 2 not Uni. I noticed that when I was teaching one of the toddlers in the house to walk, the progress bar would progress when the toddler sat down, but reset when he started to walk. What I did to get rid of it, I tried having one of his brothers teach him to walk instead of his parents. It worked.
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 10:56 PM Last edited by thekittenlilah : 6th Mar 2005 at 11:01 PM.
OK, I've read through this thread, so far, no one has reported it:
I have 2 of my Pleasantview Sims sharing a household in a dorm. The went to class, did their assignments etc, but it never made much sense the way they finished a semester, jumped a semester, 'missed' final exams after returning from them and getting an A etc. But the game moved on.
Except now they have both graduated and I can't move them back home.
I've tried it all, the phone, the party, the 'find own place', the just let it play option.
As soon as the move would happen, all options to save the game or go to neighborhood are greyed out.
In addition, the Sims won't react to commands and never sleep, go to the bathroom or eat. They will eventually die, but you can't save even then.
I have moved my download folder, so there are no hacks.
Weirdness.
Anyone?

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
#63 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 12:42 AM
i called ea games about my sims not going to class and they don;t know what to do! ha! i thought that made this game
Test Subject
#64 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 12:55 AM
One of my Sims wouldn't get out of the taxi to go to college today. He almost died in the car, as a matter of fact. I guess if he is too stupid to get out of the car to eat, he doesn't need to be in college. LOL

I finally did a force quit to save his sorry ass.

Deb

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chocflake21
i called ea games about my sims not going to class and they don;t know what to do! ha! i thought that made this game

I don't know if Maxis assumed you were running thrid party hacks?
Back up your download folder, then clear it out.
Without hacks, your Sims will be able to go to class.
I know, I've tried!

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
#66 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ssjzeek
I have had a bug but im not if it is one where i went to a comunity area while playing and i sent one of my sims to class and they came back to the comunity area after they had finished then i went back home and because it saves it at the time you leave i came back before my class and actually went again and got the experience

Same thing here. On community lot before class, goes to class at scheduled time, comes back to community lot. Go back to dorm, and if you went to the community lot before class, they go to class again when its time.
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 3:51 AM
I have hacks kept in the game that MOTS2 said were compatible with Uni.
Now, when I sent my sim to a community lot, she bought a cel phone but was unable to use it. I clicked her, and the mp3 player and the handheld were both available. Cel phone was not an option. Payphone didn't work either. Clicked on payphone and "no actions available."
If anyone else has had this problem, do you have hacks and if so, which ones? I only have a few so I'm hoping to see if someone has same hacks as me who is having this problem.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kcz421
I have hacks kept in the game that MOTS2 said were compatible with Uni.
Now, when I sent my sim to a community lot, she bought a cel phone but was unable to use it. I clicked her, and the mp3 player and the handheld were both available. Cel phone was not an option. Payphone didn't work either. Clicked on payphone and "no actions available."
If anyone else has had this problem, do you have hacks and if so, which ones? I only have a few so I'm hoping to see if someone has same hacks as me who is having this problem.

That's a problem with the phone hack. Remove that to take to care of that problem.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:14 AM
i always open up the cheat box and type expand to see what the game is complaining about, for me its always the doors and mideval set, one time while my sim was sleeping in the midevil bed, he just suddenly appeared standing up next to the bed and the bed switched to the cheap bed, and i have no hacks in the game to cause this, so it must be a bug
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:30 AM
Default everyday clothing bug...ARGH!!
I have no hacks installed and when i installed University i left my downloads in place. I go to play and in my neighborhood the men can change their everyday clothes, but the women can't.. and then i went into an old lot i hardly play and they all could change their everyday clothes!! what gives?? Then i want to backup my downloads but i can't because some of them are read only files.. does anyone know how to move these files or back them up? What should i do? please help!! I don't know if this a bug or what???
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:32 AM
just move the read only files(itll ask if you are sure if you want to move it, just click yes) to whereever you wanna put it
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:33 AM
Okay, I've looked and looked, and I can't find anyone else complaining about this. My yasims get into the hot tub (I don't have a pool, so I haven't tried it there) and their bodies disappear. They have heads, and rings, if they are engaged, but no bodies. NPCs do fine. You can do all the things normally done. Just no bodies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have nothing left in my downloads file. I've taken everything out, trying to fix this. I hate losing all my custom material! Arragh! :soul:
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:40 AM
i had that issue b4 university, but it had nuthing to do with a hottub, just the new family i created, the second i moved them in, the guy was invisible, he was a floating ring, he didnt even have the privelige of having a head, luck young adult
Test Subject
#74 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 6:00 AM
Using SimPE to move a teenager into a house and making them grow up has made clothes shopping impossible as university still pulls from that pool of sims so the person is in their younger form but they are in the middle of the area and you can't move or interact with them.

So I had to do a reinstall of both sims2 and uni even after deleting the problem character so the engine would generate a new teen.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 6:18 AM
So far I have seen 3:
1. Every 8 to 10 minutes the window automatically minimizes forcing me to maximize over and over again. This is really a problem to me because it takes forever to reload the screen. I make sure to cancel all programs and processes with task manager before I start.

2. People running into others while putting money in tip jars.
3. NPC students who play intruments FOREVER
Page 3 of 18