Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MESH - Shorter Messy male Hair

by Crammyboy Posted 5th Mar 2005 at 5:54 PM - Updated 1st Jun 2005 at 4:00 PM by Crammyboy

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 5:59 PM
!!!! i like it much better than Maxis's messy hair! does it cause confilcts with university or are new meshes ok?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 5:59 PM
Nifty, I tried altering the alphas way back and it just looked goofy so I can't wait to try these. Good job!
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:52 PM
Thanks Crammyboy, I tested it in my game (I have University)and it works fine, no crashing so it's EP compliant as far as I can tell.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:03 PM
Yes, new hairstyles for men, and EP ready too (so Diane says)!!
Nice work Crammyboy, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:16 PM
groovy. I love them :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 10:50 PM
Quote:
It comes in all 5 colours (Black, brown, blond, red and grey) and three flavours (Teen, adult and elder).

Does this mean it's actually categorized under these colors, and not all categorized as custom hair? Is there any way to do this with other custom hair (meshes or just recolors)? I am getting tired of the Maxis hair, but I don't like to use custom hair because since it can only be passed to children of the same sex, it messes up the genetics. If I could recategorize custom hair so that the game recognized it as black/brown/blond/red, that would be amazing. Does this mean you can do that, or am I getting excited over nothing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 10:54 PM
Sorry, they will be in the custom colours, but I will look into getting them into standard maxis menus
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 1:31 AM
Great work Crammy,thank you.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:18 AM
Finally, men are not forgotten. THANK YOU!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 3:37 AM
oooh i love this! thanks!
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 4:13 PM
Bout time, thank you. Does it work for Young Adults? Guess I will find out.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 5:41 PM
I cant get it to download Anyone else having this problem?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 6:08 PM
yes, i can't download it either, but the site is really slow in general tonight.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:51 AM
looks nice, running into bodyshop to see if it works for me, and if it doesn't...i think i may cry...(its been a long night)
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:15 PM
Can't redistribute? Can't mess with it in any way either, right?

I'm not downloading it, but from the picture, looks like you did a good job. A lot better than mine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Crammyboy : 8th Mar 2005 at 2:09 PM.
I wouldn't suggest altering the mesh.
I have discovered a few problems with the Mesh tool only working properly with the origonal GMDC.
But if you want to try, go ahead.
Just don't blame me when it doesn't work.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 3:02 AM
Oh my gosh too cute!!! Reminds me of my boyfriends ^.^
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 4:30 AM
who gives a dayum about the mesh?!?! my boy sims finally have hair like my real boyfriend!!! *drewls* thank you crammy!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 5:00 PM
now it works, thank you! it's really cute!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 10:36 AM
Crammyboy, barber for sims, I thank you.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 5:11 AM
Very cool!
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 6:25 AM
This is slightly unrelated, but in the screenshot, the guy in the middle looks slightly different, is it the shirt? if so can I get it somewhere?
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 8:16 PM
Default the tight tee-shirt
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonflare
This is slightly unrelated, but in the screenshot, the guy in the middle looks slightly different, is it the shirt? if so can I get it somewhere?

that sort of buff, tight-tee-shirt look is already in the game, i think. some of the adult male tops are skintight and give them that broad-shouldered look. i have some custom content tees that i downloaded that are that same style, they're some of my oldest downloads so they're probably from tsr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 12:08 AM
Actually I altered a couple of meshes, to make adults a bit more buff
But they are not uploaded anywhere yet. :fallen:
Page 1 of 2