Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ivory Cottage - No CC

by Comboing Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 10:50 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2012 at 6:59 PM by Comboing

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:06 AM
It's so cute!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:46 PM
Nicely done gable roofs makes it look very cottagey. Thanks for sharing this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 3:23 PM
Such a nice cottage :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 7:28 PM
Very beautiful, thank you very much !
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 7:28 PM
It's very cute, but isn't the spiral staircase from Generations?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krankru
It's very cute, but isn't the spiral staircase from Generations?

Ah, you're right! I totally forgot about spiral stairs coming with Generations. I'll update the info now. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 10:49 PM
Wow, this is lovely!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 7:42 AM
Really lovely house! I'm out of room in my current world, but I'm saving this for my CAW project.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 4:01 PM
love it - very cute
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 4:55 PM
wow this is sweet :D
Inventor
#12 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 6:12 PM Last edited by echoweaver : 14th Dec 2012 at 8:32 PM.
This is great! It's so nice to have lovely-but-inexpensive homes for when you're actually trying not to use money cheats!

I think this is the home my household is going to move into, though I think I'm going to try to replace the stairs because it appears that pets can't climb spiral staircases....

ETA: Ignore me. I just watched a cat go up a spiral staircase. I guess my game was glitchy :-p.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 3:20 AM
I love this, particularly the mix of wooden and citrus walls on the interior.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 3:49 PM
This is lovely. The exterior is beautiful.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 8:37 PM
Can I download this? I only have the base game for now so what will happen if I download it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylababy5584
Can I download this? I only have the base game for now so what will happen if I download it?

If you install it, any items from expansion packs that you don't have yet (like the Late Night curtains I used) would be replaced with alternatives from the base game. It should still be perfectly playable, with a few items perhaps needing a restyle to match everything else around it.

The one thing I'm not too sure about is the spiral staircase. I know that there is a category under the stairs tab for spiral staircases in the base game, but from what I remember the category is empty and the actual staircases come with later packs, so I think the house might not work without Generations being installed.

All I can really say is to suggest you try it. If it's not compatible with your game the launcher will let you know when you try to install the lot.
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 7:24 AM Last edited by koolKITTY1234 : 29th Dec 2012 at 9:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something... :)
I have both Late Night and Generations, yet my launcher still says I don't have all the EP's and SP's. Was there any other EP or SP used?
I have WA, AMB, FL, LN, GEN, Pets, Showtime, Diesel, Supernatural, and Seasons...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 12:59 PM
Nice architecture! Thanks for sharing your work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koolKITTY1234
I have both Late Night and Generations, yet my launcher still says I don't have all the EP's and SP's. Was there any other EP or SP used?
I have WA, AMB, FL, LN, GEN, Pets, Showtime, Diesel, Supernatural, and Seasons...

Hmm, I'm not really sure why it's doing this. I checked every item I placed in the lot, because I originally wanted this to be a base game house (but I ended up using Generations and Late night anyway because of some curtains and the stairs). At one point I tested out a wallpaper from Pets, which I didn't end up using, and I thought maybe I could have accidentally left it in somewhere, but that wouldn't really have made a difference since you have Pets. In fact, the only pack I have that you don't is High End Stuff, but I didn't use anything from that pack since it doesn't really suit the house.

I'm afraid I don't really know why it's not installing for you, I'm sorry.
Out of curiosity, which patch level do you have? I know that's messed up some lots that I've downloaded in the past.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:40 PM
Super cute!
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 9:31 AM
Thank You I Love u!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 11:46 PM
just the perfect size and look that I was searching for