Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:35 AM
I think we are (or should) be allowed to visit the Resort with normal Sims. It would sucks to have this huge world and nothing to do with it.

At least we're getting water slides. I just hope it's one of those huge, mega slides, not the small one. The small slide is nice (and I would like a mod free version) but The big one... :I

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#27 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It would sucks to have this huge world and nothing to do with it.

... If I am right, you would live and work in it. Like every other world that comes with an EP :O And partake of all the new gameplay too, of course. I'm sure locals can also visit the resorts (they do where I live, if they can afford it).
Field Researcher
#28 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Am I the only one who is actually enthused about this? THE MOVIE-MAKING POTENTIAL, PEOPLE.

Scuba diving and boats, running a resort! Yes, I'm excited too!
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:15 AM
I already expressed my excitement for this mod in the future thread where I got a little off-topic and out-of-hand,
but oh my god this is going to be amazing. And some people are complaining that it's only one world, and not a set,
but isn't it entirely possible that people could make custom worlds for use with this expansion?
That possibility has me extremely excited.
Instructor
#30 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:03 PM
I'm really excited for the scuba diving and snorkeling! And new sea creatures and collectables under the sea! XD And call me nerdy if you must, but hopefully mersims too! <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:31 PM
You guys probably already know this, but there isn't any real ways to control Sims underwater. Beneath the seas surface is a void of flat polygons and the color of the water. That is all. There's no way tp have actual playability there, unless they load up a sea world or something. It's another rabbit hole adventure kind of thing when you sit back and they tell you what your Sim is doing. At least you can get rewards back from it.

So, yeah, every town will have a sunken ships in it's waters- even Riverview.

Mad Poster
#32 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:38 PM
You guys probably already know this, but there isn't any real ways to control Sims underwater. Beneath the seas surface is a void of flat polygons and the color of the water. That is all. There's no way tp have actual playability there, unless they load up a sea world or something. It's another rabbit hole adventure kind of thing when you sit back and they tell you what your Sim is doing. At least you can get rewards back from it.

So, when your sim dives for pearls, he actually just randomly returns with a pearl? As for the sunken ships, wonder if the boats that we'll be able to build will be sinkable.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:54 PM

Why couldn't you control a Sim under water? You would just direct your Sim to jump in the water and then you would click on something underwater and the sim would swim to it. EA would need to give us an underwater camera, but we can go underwater in CAW already.

I think it would be easy to do, but then it is EA doing this, so I think you might be right about it being a rabbithole.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:54 PM
Based on those old surveys it looks like we'll really have opportunities for business: http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6981168726/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:14 PM
^There's nothing underwater at all. Telling Sims where to explore is one thing, but the experience, as a hole is very "smoke and mirrors" in nature.

And we're still waiting for information about business management, which is probably 4 months away, if they don't scrap the idea altogether to focus on other aspects. They didn't even hint at shops in the Live broadcast, wet we'll wait and see. Like how they, probably, scrapped apartments in UL, and the dropped kites and sledding.

Everything from the surveys wont make it, sorry.

Inventor
#36 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
From what I heard it's a chain of small individual islands that sims can explore. I believe he said if you don't like the view, just go to a different island.

Now I am hoping for:

- an island with King Kong (the real one, not that sissy that falls in love with movie actresses)
- an island filled with bloodthirsty cannibals. Or, even better, with playable cannibals. Why build complicated resorts when you can cook tourists in a simple pot?
Instructor
#37 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:32 PM
I'm not overly excited about this one. It sounds like a souped up Sunlit Tides.

I suspect Matrix 54 is right about the scuba diving. I think we are in for another text adventure. (Although these text adventures make me nostalgic for Collosal Cave and Zork.)

As far as running a business, EA has never gotten it right. I don't think any of the businesses I had in Sims 2 ever turned a profit. In fact, customers were few and far between.

With both the bakesale booth and the lemonade stand, sim children can sit at the booth all day and not have a single sale. I hear the same problem plagues the market stall.

So I suspect that you will be able to run a resort that has no guests.

Even the boats don't impress me all that much. It's basically another vehicle. Instead of running on roads it runs on water.

Plus, Sims worlds are not all that large. The largeste worlds are 2048 squares. Assuming that a square is somewhre between 30 and 39 iinches, this makes a large world approximately one square mile in size. Even a slow boat will be zooming across the map. And if you fill up a world with water, there is no land to explore. That being said, I would like to see waterskiing with a boat.

Perhaps this will open up other opportuniities for world building. Once we have boats, a city like Venice becomes a real possibility.
Instructor
#38 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElementMK
Introducing The Sims 3™: World Adventures 2!
Time Adventures*.

I know for sure that the new occult in this pack are Mermaids/sirens when Ryan said "Marine Life" :D

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Forum Resident
#39 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 4:52 PM
Can't wait! I loved the Sims 2 boat (can't remember if it was custom content or not, but it was really cool).

Anyway.

If there's a volcano I'm hoping I can throw Sims into it.

And I'm still waiting for my pet squid so I feed more sims to it. This would be a great EP for it to appear.

And Canibals are a great idea.

Also Mermaids lure boats onto the rocks where they crash their boats.

Maybe hurricanes sink the boats? Ice fishing? Lots of possibilities. Can't wait to find out what we get.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:30 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing a winter resort =D I'm sure CC creators will make one
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Now I am hoping for:

- an island filled with bloodthirsty cannibals. Or, even better, with playable cannibals. Why build complicated resorts when you can cook tourists in a simple pot?

Now that there's a baby changing table in the Store, Pescado might give you the cannibals before this EP even comes out.

I am way more excited about this than University. I really liked WA in spite of the inability to replay tombs, so more adventures and collectibles and jewelry (!) are welcome in my game.
I wonder if the resort business will be a rabbithole? It would be kind of involved for an EA-style open career...
Instructor
#42 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:43 PM
When I watched the live chat, it was mentioned that the undersea aspect was completely new and had never been done in the Sims series before. That makes me hold out hope that there really is an underwater world and it isn't just text adventures (that we have had before).
Mad Poster
#43 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:46 PM
Even though UL is more my style, this pack already sounds so awesome! I hope that if we do get "mersims," we'll be able to have them live in our Sims' homes, even if they have to live in swimming pools. I doubt they'd be able to swim in ponds, though, since ponds aren't currently swimmable. Who knows? But pools are better than nothing. Or what about tubs? Maybe our Sims could woohoo with mersims as part of a new bath woohoo?
Field Researcher
#44 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
When I watched the live chat, it was mentioned that the undersea aspect was completely new and had never been done in the Sims series before. That makes me hold out hope that there really is an underwater world and it isn't just text adventures (that we have had before).

Well even if it is just text adventure scuba diving, that's technically something new that hasn't been done in the Sims series before. This is EA we're talking about here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:49 PM
It depends on what you mean by "new". If there were an underwater world, it wouldn't be too impressive, taking the engine into consideration. Since EA aren't going to make underwater worlds for every town, it will probably just be a text adventure.

The "new" being the idea of underwater exploration, not the actual gameplay. The "new" part is just marketing, to get you to buy it.

Mad Poster
#46 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 8:24 PM
They could make the underwater wolrd like they did the showtime big venues, rabbitholes that you can visit and decorate.
Scholar
#47 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:04 PM
Maybe they will bring back the dive tank from Sims, or something similar. I loved that thing. Sims 1 had some of the coolest objects!

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Maybe they will bring back the dive tank from Sims, or something similar. I loved that thing. Sims 1 had some of the coolest objects!

"The Sims" was just epic.

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Scholar
#49 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gege_sml
I'm looking forward to seeing a winter resort =D I'm sure CC creators will make one

But that's the beauty of it. With Seasons and Island Paradise you can pick an appropriate world, turn winter on all year and make a resort there.

Course, if they eventually do an outdoor pack in a wintery environment you might get skiing and other wintery occupations. It's not out of the question, since they had no problem putting ocean swimming in Seasons, and (fingers crossed) beach activities in Island Paradise.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 12:50 AM
This is the first time since Supernatural was announced that I'm not just excited for an EP, but I'm ANXIOUS! Lol I can't wait for this to come out
Page 2 of 114