Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

So Many Shiftables! And a little more.

by heaven Posted 6th Mar 2013 at 7:09 PM - Updated 6th Mar 2013 at 8:27 PM by heaven

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:23 PM
Hi! I love that you did this, but do you think it's possible to put all of the files in a single package file? For those of us that have the BG and all of the EPs needed.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whitemane
Hi! I love that you did this, but do you think it's possible to put all of the files in a single package file? For those of us that have the BG and all of the EPs needed.

Sure it's possible. Am I gonna do it? No. I made it as simple as possible by making one downloadable file. If you ever want to do an AGS game, you can separate. If you want things merged, it's very, very simple with S3PE. The way I've done it allows for the most use for everyone without duplicating files.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:52 PM Last edited by heaven : 6th Mar 2013 at 8:24 PM.
It's probably worth noting that when mirrors are made shiftable they affect Sims as well. If you raise a mirror then Sims will float when they interact with it. I'm not sure if they sink through the floor when lowering them though.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Sure it's possible. Am I gonna do it? No. I made it as simple as possible by making one downloadable file. If you ever want to do an AGS game, you can separate. If you want things merged, it's very, very simple with S3PE. The way I've done it allows for the most use for everyone without duplicating files.

Alright, sorry. I didn't mean to come off in a negative manner. I just dislike clogging up my Packages folder but I'll look into merging the files.

The light has spoken!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
It's probably worth noting that when mirrors are made shiftable they affect Sims as well. If you raise a mirror then Sims will float when they interact with it. I'm not sure if they sink through the floor when lowering them though.

Ah! Good to make mention of! I tested this to make sure they were working and defaults but didn't test with sims directly. I normally only put a mirror to use for charisma in the bathroom above the sink. The rest I use for making things look nice (above couches, in hallways, above desks with a chair to look like a vanity, etc) so my sims don't actually use any of those. I will make note of it.

Quote: Originally posted by Whitemane
Alright, sorry. I didn't mean to come off in a negative manner. I just dislike clogging up my Packages folder but I'll look into merging the files.

Not negative. I understand it was a suggestion. Just explaining why I wouldn't do it. It really only takes a few moments to do it with S3PE so once you know, you'll be merging things left and right!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Banned
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:39 PM
Great! I had always, always wanted to move a mirror up and down the wall. I can't believe no one ever thought of that before!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:09 PM
I love you!
Thanks. =D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:18 AM
Now my sims don't have to watch the plasma TV way to high and they don't have to break their neck.. Hehe Thank you Heaven..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 3:44 AM
Brilliant! Thank you! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 9:41 AM
You rock! I've noticed that problem lately, how silly of them! LOL Thanks Heaven... You're the best!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:11 PM
Thank you so much for this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:13 PM
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 5:13 PM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 8:55 PM
Wow, I love you! This is just what I needed, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 3:50 AM
Thanks for this. I am having trouble figuring out how to shift curtains though. The mirrors and pics work fine, but I was really excited to move curtains and I can't seem to do it for the life of me. I installed all files into my packages folder, should I have handled some files differently? Thanks for any guidance on this.
Inconceivable!
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 1:33 PM
So awesome! I love the way you organized it too, in the different folders. Makes it easy to pick and choose!

Thank you!!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:52 AM
Awesome, thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 3:08 PM
Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:01 PM
Thank you, this is fantastic
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:47 PM
thank you so much for this! but is there any chance you'll be making the rewards for maxing out skills shiftable?
Inconceivable!
#22 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 2:59 AM
Hey heaven, I wasn't sure if you were aware, but the Supernatural and Seasons curtains won't place on top of windows without the moveobjects cheat enabled. I looked into it tonight, and you need to set the "IntersectsObjectsOffWalls" flag to false in S3PE (under the WallPlacementFlags section in the OBJD's grid). I don't believe you'd need to do anything else to fix it, as I tested it in game and the curtains work fine now. It's not a big deal or whatever, as they do place over windows with moveobjects on, but I just thought you might like to know.

Thanks again for the awesome shiftables! I really appreciate all the work you put into it.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buckley
Hey heaven, I wasn't sure if you were aware, but the Supernatural and Seasons curtains won't place on top of windows without the moveobjects cheat enabled. I looked into it tonight, and you need to set the "IntersectsObjectsOffWalls" flag to false in S3PE (under the WallPlacementFlags section in the OBJD's grid). I don't believe you'd need to do anything else to fix it, as I tested it in game and the curtains work fine now. It's not a big deal or whatever, as they do place over windows with moveobjects on, but I just thought you might like to know.

Thanks again for the awesome shiftables! I really appreciate all the work you put into it.

Silly EA. I swear, they forget half of what they are supposed to be doing when they do it. It's like they started to enable it for shifting but forgot one click. Which I fixed. Apparently, instead of forgetting, they ticked something else. I can get that fixed up pretty quickly in the next day or so. Thanks for the report.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 9:54 PM
Hi is there a mod just for the fire truck?
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkestirony
thank you so much for this! but is there any chance you'll be making the rewards for maxing out skills shiftable?

That would be awesome!
Page 1 of 2