Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Secluded Cabin | A Starter Cottage for Two

by Tee Hee She Posted 13th Mar 2013 at 11:18 PM

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 7:51 AM
Oh, man, I want this IRL.
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 12:59 PM
Dawwwwwwwwww. Lovely little cabin, awesome work! I want it for real too.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 1:40 PM
This is adorable...Thank you
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 2:33 PM
Looks wonderful!
The terrain sculpting by the front door is really messing with my head though. How have you managed to get the terrain to go all the way up to the wall but not through it?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
mature minion
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Looks wonderful!
The terrain sculpting by the front door is really messing with my head though. How have you managed to get the terrain to go all the way up to the wall but not through it?

The house is technically a basement, so the stairs are necessary to get into the basement level. Basement walls cannot change height though so they appear above ground if the basement is less that one floor lower than the ground height.

The room is made by "cutting out" the ground using a nifty little trick involving stairs and foundations.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 7:13 PM
I agree with the others, this looks gorgeous! And just like Menaceman44 I was wondering about how you made the building "sunken" I also read you comment but how exactly does the "cutting out" trick work? Is there a tutorial for it?
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 6:17 PM
it is so wonderful and probably the best house i've ever seen.

sadly i have problems with snowing in, raining in etc.