Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autumn Winds-Retirement Home

by joandsarah77 Posted 10th Mar 2013 at 3:27 PM - Updated 25th May 2016 at 4:07 AM by joandsarah77

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:35 PM
Great idea and execution, Jo! Lol, I love your preview pics - this is so going into my BaCC!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:52 PM
Awesome! This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Thanks so much :D
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:38 PM
Lovely, what a great idea I would never have thought of using two doors either!
Needs Coffee
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 10:21 PM
Thanks Lorin, I aim to amuse. :D

Thanks Legendwind, hope your elderly like it.

Thanks Karen, the doors are working great in the version I'm playing.
Banned
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 3:20 AM
Now that's the kind of place I want to go when I'm older! 2 jacuzzis! Hells yea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 11:33 PM
Wonderful. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 7:41 PM
Jo!!! What an awesome idea!! I would never have thought of it!! Bravo! Aussieland don't have any retirement homes as nice as this one!! Well done!!
Needs Coffee
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 11:40 PM
Sims99Fanatic, I agree! Jacuzzies all the way!

Thanks again sailfindragon.

You are probably right CheekyBugga, I haven't seen any with hot tubs that's for sure.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:25 AM
Thank
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:21 PM
Thanks for making sure the carpets are stain-resistant. I can't quite tell if it's the residents or the caretaker's home cooking, but clearly, they're going to be needing practical carpets.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 11:30 PM
Got to have those stain resistant carpets. The care taker is Cassandra Goth so quite a change for her. Not that she knows that she is a clone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:48 AM Last edited by Vixxen : 20th Sep 2014 at 10:11 AM.
Does this work as an apartment, a dorm, or something? Is the price a 'buy' price or a 'rent' price? Sorry for the silly question!

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the price, so I'm guessing this is the 'buy' price. It's a bit too much for my elders, even if they all came in with 20.000$ they still couldn't afford this
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
It's a residential lot so the price is to buy it. The dorm doors are so residents have private rooms. Sims claim a door and their portrait appears and they can lock it just like they do on a dorm, only sims don't disappear into their rooms. You could swap them out for apartment doors and change the rooms into separate apartment units if you want.

The elder's aren't meant to buy it a caretaker does. The elders just get moved in and choose a room. The care taker is there to cook and look after the place.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:26 AM
Hmm. I'm not really into the idea of a caretaker, but I really want a retirement home and this one is so pretty, so I'll guess I'll just try out those mortgage shrubs from Simlogical and pretend that paying back the mortgage is the 'rent' for the rooms. Anyways, this looks really nice and I'm looking forward to playing it
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 12:53 PM
We'll all get there, as my mother says ^^
Thank you for another great lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 4:52 AM
Thank You