Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jenna Redford

by Lunararc Posted 16th Apr 2013 at 9:49 AM - Updated 19th Apr 2013 at 7:10 AM by Lunararc

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 11:14 AM
This is beautiful, and so is Jenna. Thanks for sharing with us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 11:59 AM
she is very interesting and unique, but... for me, looks a bit like shemale.
Née whiterider
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 1:33 PM
Well that was a well-placed comment on a download about body positivity and accepting diversity. *facepalm*

Thanks for the lovely sim, Lunar.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 3:05 PM
@claudiasharon: You're welcome sweety and thanks for your comment.

@Soihtu: I respect your opinion, but I think not all big women are shemales

@whiterider: For the second time it's my pleasure and thanks for your comment :D

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 3:54 PM
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 4:31 PM
My english isn't good enough to understand every detail of the medical stuff you're talking about, however, I think I do understand what you mean and I agree with you. The magazine cover says it all.

When I saw her, the first thing I thought was "wow, what a face" - you did an amazing job on her and she is also very well presented. All my thumbs up for her.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 5:17 PM
Very stunning-looking sim, nice facial sculpt - great work!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:32 PM
She looks like a transvestite. On meth. Interesting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:51 PM
I really like her strong jawline and the little cleft in her chin. I will be downloading her so I can incorporate those unique genetics into my town.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:06 AM
werwolf, Esmeralda, astraela: Thanks for your comments

Yogi-Tea: Sorry it's my fault, what i meant to say that bulimic women make themselves vomit in order to lose weight and this affects their teeth in a bad way

Nephertinna: May be, but this campaign talks about real beauty not drug addiction :D

Knight Of The Moon
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:36 AM
Oh my, Lunarac!
I totally agree with Esmeralda: she is stunning! You really did a wonderful job!

Thank you!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:24 AM
Very nice looking Sim! Her features are unique, I like that.

Quote:
For most of the guys a curvy girl is way better than a skinny one cause it resembles the feminine side that god created in all women not like us guys with straight body and no curves ( no offense for the skinny girls I love you all )

I find your comment very insensitive. A curvy girl is "way better" than a skinny one? You've got to be kidding me... Ok, I understand what you're trying to do, honestly I get it. But I think you're going about it the wrong way. It seems you're trying to promote women having a healthy body image of themselves, but with the way you've worded your statement, to me, you come across as insensitive. Like you only care about certain types of women having a positive outlook about their body/weight, that being the curvy women (your preference, apparently). Not only are you alienating the other groups of women with a different body type, you specifically target skinny women. You show no concern for their mental health and how they might come to view themselves because of comments like yours. Do you not think that there are skinny women out there who are now insecure about their bodies and are suffering from low self esteem because of statements like yours? The constant "skinny bashing" that is going on nowadays is not going to end well. All in an attempt to try and elevate the status of curvy women, which is good, but the way in which it is done is becoming detrimental. We're going to have another problem plaguing skinny women on our hands. I mean, should a naturally slender woman now try to force herself to gain weight because apparently she isn't good enough for "most guys", or at least not as good as a curvy woman? And that itself just simply isn't true, since men have many different tastes and preferences. Also, saying a skinny woman is not feminine is incorrect. Every female by definition is feminine. One can't be "more" feminine than the other, how would you even achieve that? By acquiring more vaginas? Or what?

All I'm saying is that, to say skinny women are less attractive/desirable simply to try and elevate another body type is not helping anybody, not skinny women, not curvy ones either. Tearing down other body types to make your point (the "no offence" doesn't do much, sorry) does a disservice to all women. Women are only going to feel even more pressured to maintain a certain look, and worry more about their bodies. It was this kind of mentality and reasoning that brought about Anorexia and Bulimia in the first place! You can encourage curvy women to love themselves without insulting other body types. In fact, we should be promoting healthy bodies of all shapes and sizes and that all women feel comfortable in their own skin. So please, if you really want to encourage a healthy body image view for women and help them all feel comfortable and love their bodies, don't belittle any figure, shape or size.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luisa's Bones
Very nice looking Sim! Her features are unique, I like that.

I find your comment very insensitive. A curvy girl is "way better" than a skinny one? You've got to be kidding me... Ok, I understand what you're trying to do, honestly I get it. But I think you're going about it the wrong way. It seems you're trying to promote women having a healthy body image of themselves, but with the way you've worded your statement, to me, you come across as insensitive. Like you only care about certain types of women having a positive outlook about their body/weight, that being the curvy women (your preference, apparently). Not only are you alienating the other groups of women with a different body type, you specifically target skinny women. You show no concern for their mental health and how they might come to view themselves because of comments like yours. Do you not think that there are skinny women out there who are now insecure about their bodies and are suffering from low self esteem because of statements like yours? The constant "skinny bashing" that is going on nowadays is not going to end well. All in an attempt to try and elevate the status of curvy women, which is good, but the way in which it is done is becoming detrimental. We're going to have another problem plaguing skinny women on our hands. I mean, should a naturally slender woman now try to force herself to gain weight because apparently she isn't good enough for "most guys", or at least not as good as a curvy woman? And that itself just simply isn't true, since men have many different tastes and preferences. Also, saying a skinny woman is not feminine is incorrect. Every female by definition is feminine. One can't be "more" feminine than the other, how would you even achieve that? By acquiring more vaginas? Or what?

All I'm saying is that, to say skinny women are less attractive/desirable simply to try and elevate another body type is not helping anybody, not skinny women, not curvy ones either. Tearing down other body types to make your point (the "no offence" doesn't do much, sorry) does a disservice to all women. Women are only going to feel even more pressured to maintain a certain look, and worry more about their bodies. It was this kind of mentality and reasoning that brought about Anorexia and Bulimia in the first place! You can encourage curvy women to love themselves without insulting other body types. In fact, we should be promoting healthy bodies of all shapes and sizes and that all women feel comfortable in their own skin. So please, if you really want to encourage a healthy body image view for women and help them all feel comfortable and love their bodies, don't belittle any figure, shape or size.

First of all I respect your opinion but I wasn't lowering the self esteem of skinny girls, I meant by skinny girls ( the anorexic and Bulimic girls those who seek to be skinny in order to be more attractive and they don't want to stop vomiting. Recently we live in world were a chubby girl being bulled in school, work or in the street and being called a fat and a pig by the skinny girls. What I wanted to do is to higher the self esteem of those girls not on the expense of the skinny ones. It's like a wake up call to all the anorexic girls to stop what they are doing before it's too late. If you did read to the end of the post you will see that my motivation to discuss this problem is the anorexic model Isabelle Caro she launched a campaign against anorexia ( stop anorexia ) and she said being anorexia doesn't make you beautiful ( was she offensive when she said that ?????? ).

I said before that English isn't mother language also this words comes from my heat from seeing a model died in her mid twenties because she wants to achieve her goal or a chubby girl being bulled because she is fat and doesn't

( Curvy woman ) a healthy woman and (Skinny woman ) anorexic that's what i mean

I know it's harsh for an anorexia girl who can't get healthy again to read my words but I tell them I'm sorry and don't loos hope you will become healthy one day and don't forget true beauty comes from the inside.

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 2:14 AM
Thanks monca you are the great one

Knight Of The Moon
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 6:35 PM
I understand that there might be some misunderstandings because of the language barrier, and I get that you're trying to raise the self esteem of curvy girls, which is good. But if by skinny women you meant women suffering from the eating disorder Anorexia Nervosa, you have to understand that "skinny" doesn't just refer to girls with Anorexia, but also normal, healthy skinny women. For example, a girl can be extremely skinny because of anorexia, but not all skinny girls are suffering from anorexia. It just sounded like you were putting down skinny women in general for being skinny, whether they can help it or not. Instead of saying
Quote:
A curvy girl is way better than a skinny one.
You could have said
Quote:
A curvy girl is better than an Anorexic one.
Or even
Quote:
Healthy women (of any shape and size) are better than unhealthy ones.
(Obviously... Lol). Anyways, then you wouldn't have had to put the "no offence skinny girls"... Because when you just equate being skinny to being anorexic, that is offensive. Simply because a woman is skinny doesn't mean she's unhealthy and has an eating disorder.
Quote:
( Curvy woman ) a healthy woman and (Skinny woman ) anorexic that's what i mean
Not all healthy and normal sized women are curvy, you can be skinny and curvy (skinny with an hour glass figure) and chubbier but without any curves at all, since the weight doesn't always go where you want it to...

Anyways, I'm not trying to tell you what to say, I'm just trying to point out to you that "skinny" does not equal "anorexic/unhealthy". When you say skinny women are less desirable simply because of their body type, that includes the healthy skinny women as well and you're not helping any woman like that, only adding to the problem. A normal curvy girl could become anorexic because of untrue statements like that. Being bullied and called "fat, obese" when she isn't and is just a healthy weight... She could then go to extreme lengths to try and make herself thinner and thinner. The same thing can happen to a normal skinny woman. Being called "Anorexic, skeleton, sick" etc when she's just naturally slender can lead to a distorted body self perception as well, and depression if she fails to gain sufficient weight to become "curvy" and "good enough for most guys". There are people out there who just don't gain weight at all no matter how much they eat because of their fast metabolism, so they're naturally slender but not anorexic.

Quote:
If you did read to the end of the post you will see that my motivation to discuss this problem is the anorexic model Isabelle Caro she launched a campaign against anorexia ( stop anorexia ) and she said being anorexia doesn't make you beautiful ( was she offensive when she said that ?????? ).
No she wasn't being offensive because she said "being anorexic doesn't make you beautiful", because being anorexic is unhealthy! She didn't imply like you did, (unintentionally) that being skinny means you're unhealthy/anorexic, and are therefore not beautiful. I'm sure many can agree that Anorexia is not something to strive for, neither is obesity or any other unhealthy body types.

But it's fine, I understand that you aren't trying to raise curvy women's self esteem at the expense of healthy skinny women, and like you already said, English isn't your first language, so it's normal to make mistakes. I just hope you see where I am coming from and what I'm trying to say.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 5:12 AM
Wish you understand that I wanted to help girls with this post and I didn't mean to lower their self esteem cause no one have the right to judge people before judging himself that's all.

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 7:36 PM
I appreciate your intentions, and I like your sim, but I agree that you need to be more sensitive about the issue. There are a lot of different natural body types, including skinny ones.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunararc
Wish you understand that I wanted to help girls with this post and I didn't mean to lower their self esteem cause no one have the right to judge people before judging himself that's all.

I understand the language barrier. English is my second language too.
Then sometimes it is hard to put the right nuances into your words and then it can come out different than you had in mind.
But I agree with the others that it is better to say it clearly.
If you meant bulimic or anorexic, than write that, instead of skinny.
This is such a sensitive subject and you notice now it can rub people a bit the wrong way.
I'm convinced you meant well and that it was the nuance and finding the exact words how you meant it to say that didn't come across how you wanted it.

Other than that. Congratulations with the upload and it is a great sim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 4:56 PM
@mirjamsim2love: And that's what i did you can check the Sim's description I changed skinny to anorexic

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaina_sticks
I appreciate your intentions, and I like your sim, but I agree that you need to be more sensitive about the issue. There are a lot of different natural body types, including skinny ones.

Very well said. I'm still a real woman even if I don't have curves. It's ridiculous that saying that is a huge thing now because it seems like an excuse to say "Oh it's totally fine that I'm out of shape and don't take care of my body." Some people were born with a good metabolism and some of us can't even gain weight if we try.
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:26 AM Last edited by KillThemAll : 6th May 2013 at 8:44 AM.
Although the sim herself is beautiful and unique, this entire post comes off as preachy and demeaning to naturally thin girls, what with the "real women have curves" and whatnot.

Furthermore, your sim's supposedly "anti-anorexic" body type--with the great big bust, great big booty but tiny little waist--isn't exactly the kind of body type that has ever been stigmatised, and it's just as unobtainable as the stick thin model figure. Guess what? A lot of girls get eating disorders (and all other manner of unhealthy complexes about changing their body) trying to achieve the exact same exaggerated hourglass that Jenna Redford has.

If you want to create a sim who sends the message "it's okay to be heavy," then make a girl who's actually heavy in a way that contradicts existing standards of beauty. Make a girl who's dumpy, carries her weight in the wrong places, or maybe just looks thick. This woman with the body of Jessica Rabbit doesn't push any boundaries. When I compare your words to the sim you're giving us, it seems less like you're saying "it's okay to be heavy," and more like you're saying "actually I just want you to have the proportions of a pinup model instead of a fashion model."
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:05 AM Last edited by Lunararc : 18th Jun 2013 at 6:36 AM.
@KillThemAll: You can just suggest in a respectful way, thanks for your comment

@Stopdeletingme and @Luisa's Bones, I said before that I'm a guy not a girl that's my point of view also MTS approved this sim with this description so please don't say that I'm insensitive, thanks

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 6:54 PM
I like that even after he tried changing the description to please one person, everyone's still jumping up his ass about it.

No one exposes you to anything on the Internet unless you allow yourself to be exposed to it -- if you like the download and not the description, then just stop reading it (oh my god!! you can do that!?) and skip to the download tab. Duh.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 8:21 AM
attractive sim~~ wow , cool~~
Page 1 of 2