Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Social Networking Skill for Computer/MultiTab

by othiym28 Posted 21st Apr 2013 at 2:23 PM - Updated 27th May 2014 at 6:37 PM by othiym28

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 3:40 PM
Love it, now only if we can blog on our computers
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daethaqt3000

I know. I really didn't get why the skill was confined to the phone and skill books, and there are apparently a number of people who feel the same. Queuing up all those interactions on a phone is so cumbersome, and skilling social networking strictly from a book? Well, that's just silly.

Blogging on a computer would be great, but making it so is far beyond my capabilities. Making this tuning mod was literally my first time using s3pe. I'm happy if it's of use to this community at all.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:33 PM
I appreciate what you have done with the Multi Tab. Thank you very much, that will be useful for my sims that are now into social networking.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I appreciate what you have done with the Multi Tab. Thank you very much, that will be useful for my sims that are now into social networking.

You're welcome. I tried to put the skill where it seemed most logical, and I think it works well there, especially given how much my sims go for that MultiTab when I'm not watching.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 9:59 PM
This looks great, it's nice when store objects get integrated with EP features! Thanks for sharing with us.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 10:14 PM
I did think it was ridiculous to restrict the social networking to the phone. I realize smart phones are taking over the world, but MY computer is still more important to me than my not-so-smart phone.

Seconding the hope that Blogging will be the next transfer. Thanks for doing what you could!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 12:29 AM
You're welcome, and I'm sure someone will make the blogging possible soon since people in the community actually do want it.

I don't even have a smartphone, and given how clumsy I am and how much my sims drop theirs, I don't think I can afford it. I'll stick to my computer too.
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 1:15 AM
Love it! Don't know why this was only JUST for the new smart phones!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 2:00 AM
This makes much more sense indeed Thank you !
I too find it odd that you can't blog from computers, I personnally hate writing more than texts on my smartphone, which I don't use often, even for calling lol !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 1:25 PM
THANK YOU. Like for real, I am eternally grateful for this much. I was playing last night screaming internally at the stupidity of why I can't access SimTwitter or whatever it is via the computer and only the smartphone. I love my smartphone, but I love my computer too.

If the blogging on the computer ever gets modded in, I would be the happiest person on earth. Has anybody tried to write an entire blog post on a phone? Not fun lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 1:55 PM
Haha nice! Quite realistic as well!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starrah
THANK YOU. Like for real, I am eternally grateful for this much. I was playing last night screaming internally at the stupidity of why I can't access SimTwitter or whatever it is via the computer and only the smartphone.

lol. My irritation was mostly at queuing up very short interactions on the phone (that and the sims perpetually dropping and breaking them). The computer's menu is almost as congested as the phone's, but at least the sim will sit there and browse the web or chat for quite a while.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 6:27 PM
where do i put these? i put them in the normal folder where packages go but nothing appears in my game on tablet or computer
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunnaie
where do i put these? i put them in the normal folder where packages go but nothing appears in my game on tablet or computer

If you put them where you normally put mods, you're fine there.

Make sure your sim gets the first skill point in Social Networking either from using the smartphone or reading a skill book. After that the skill should appear as you use the computer functions. That's a bit annoying I know, but the first point doesn't take long to get.

The only other thing I can think of is an incompatible mod. I mentioned a couple of them in the description, and there must be others I don't know about. Do you have anything else that mods the computers?
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by othiym28
If you put them where you normally put mods, you're fine there.

Make sure your sim gets the first skill point in Social Networking either from using the smartphone or reading a skill book. After that the skill should appear as you use the computer functions. That's a bit annoying I know, but the first point doesn't take long to get.

The only other thing I can think of is an incompatible mod. I mentioned a couple of them in the description, and there must be others I don't know about. Do you have anything else that mods the computers?

its the only mod i have that does anything to computers, as far as i know unless master controller changes something to it? the sim i tried it with is max in social networking, not sure if that is the problem? i will try it again with another sim who only has one point.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunnaie
the sim i tried it with is max in social networking, not sure if that is the problem? i will try it again with another sim who only has one point.

That would be the problem, all right. Not much a mod that adds a skill increase can do once said skill is maxed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 8:09 AM
THANK YOU for making "smart" phones somewhat less mandatory. It still disgusts me how hard EA forced the new smart phones on every sim (even technophobes who are scared of the television now for some ungodly reason are obsessively in-love their new hi-tech pda... WTF EA?). Mandatory standard cell phones were one thing, but I'm already using two other mods to curb sims' new unhealthy "smart" phone addictions thanks to the recent patch.

This will only improve things further.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:57 AM
You're welcome, and I concur with everything you said. Also, I'm the laziest person on this planet and didn't want to keep queuing up phone interactions, so adding it to the chat and browse web interactions was mostly a matter of less work. Glad other people are finding it useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:04 PM
Ea should just add the skill to the computer but noo ea did not do that so thanks the moder
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 4:32 PM
thanks for making this. i have a simple request i think tho. is there anyway to make it so when ur on the pc u can look at EVERY BOOK online free? since online is a open resource to learn new things and stuff
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow Wolf
thanks for making this. i have a simple request i think tho. is there anyway to make it so when ur on the pc u can look at EVERY BOOK online free? since online is a open resource to learn new things and stuff

Would something like this be what you're after?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478271
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daethaqt3000

Agreed. I have two blogs and I never blog on my phone, only on my computer.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 6:10 AM
Needs update for 1.55?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 7:20 AM Last edited by othiym28 : 22nd Jun 2013 at 3:26 AM.
I'll get to that this weekend. I'm out of town on a job this week and went without my sims computer. I'll get to it as soon as I get in the door this weekend; apologies for any inconvenience.

Edit: tested and working with 1.55.
Page 1 of 3