Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sage Starter

by karlik-nos Posted 4th May 2013 at 10:08 PM

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:55 AM
Waiting for more!!!
:D
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:09 AM
Looks fab! Could you confirm it's been gameplay tested, though? I'm just a bit concerned that Sims won't be able to walk up the stairs - I tried a similar placement in a lot I built, and Sims complained about not being able to get up the stairs. If it works on your lot, that's brilliant.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2013 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anria
Looks fab! Could you confirm it's been gameplay tested, though? I'm just a bit concerned that Sims won't be able to walk up the stairs - I tried a similar placement in a lot I built, and Sims complained about not being able to get up the stairs. If it works on your lot, that's brilliant.

It's been playtested and it definitely works in (my) game. The trick is to place the stairs at a 45 degree angle; if you place the staircase 'straight' the surrounding walls seem to block it, but placed diagonally it works just fine. The diagonal placement is a solution I've come up with myself, and if the staircase behaves differently in other people's games I'd be interested to know. Hopefully, it will work for everybody, though!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:48 AM
Love the house you've made, karlik-nos
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karlik-nos
It's been playtested and it definitely works in (my) game. The trick is to place the stairs at a 45 degree angle; if you place the staircase 'straight' the surrounding walls seem to block it, but placed diagonally it works just fine. The diagonal placement is a solution I've come up with myself, and if the staircase behaves differently in other people's games I'd be interested to know. Hopefully, it will work for everybody, though!

Brilliant! I will try this solution - I've been placing spiral stairs straight, and as you say, the Sims were then complaining that the walls blocked them. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st May 2013 at 2:34 AM
Ohmygod this is so cute!