Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 7th May 2013 at 8:00 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 7th May 2013 at 8:31 AM.
Okay this might be Tl;dr but some ideas are mentioned so.......here it is....

Build mode

Adjustable curved walls windows and floors

Without using Constrain floors cheat;to decide where how steepness and the width for example.. Here & Here

Adjustable Glass sun Roof Windows Horizontal and vertical

To get that nice sun view.

Optional Unlimited floor Levels (Basement and Upper floors)

I'm shocked that the Sims 3 is still has a 5 floor level limit including basements!! This might take a hit in the ram department, but the key is optional as in enabled by a cheat.

More variations of stairs and the ability to customize stairs and add adjustable levels(Without using the Constrain Floor cheat)

Spiral stairs,Grand Staircase, Advanced U shaped stairs, Stacked Stairs Basic U-Shaped Stairs,Square Spiral Staircases,etc...

All build sets are matchable!

Customizable Fountains, trees and Curved pools

Buy Mode

Customizable furniture and objects

Not only you can CAS objects but you will have the ability to design and change by moving the pattern any way you like. Think APB or EVE online customization menus. Also by customizing any furniture or an object, it can be designed piece by piece. For example, let say a bar stool and you want to change and customize the bottom or the top base of the bar stool. You can mix and match buy making it modern, antique dirty, Grungy,etc... another one is phones it should be also customizable where you Sims don't have the same exact phone. Example Here

Ability to shop for clothes, food and phones instead of having everything at once your Sims should buy it at all cost.

Careers

Rabbit holes should be optional in the Sims 4, but most careers should be micro managed and have most OFB features in the base game; players don't want this option then player have the ability to not control you sim and focus on another Sim . Only example, is the option to decide to control your Sims or not and treat it as a Sims 3 rabbit hole career and concentrate on another Sim while you Sim is at work.

Sims 2 style Chance Cards need to make a comeback and be robust!!

Some Self employed careers need in the base game

Sims

Customizable Sim details
Just look at APB and eve online for example heck even spore for example. Sims 4 should be very robust and very detailed the to maximum limit. Same as the customizable furniture above idea.

More emotions and new animations!!

Better fleshed out and stronger traits

more than five traits

needs and fears

Sims 2 plus Sims 3 Memories system

no 1000 routing problems and Better AI!!!

no burrito babies!!! make them lively and have their own different genetics

Hair must be animated Sims 2 had it hopefully Sims 4will include this feature.

More variation of voices instead of three base voice Squeaky Raspy soulful,etc

Better turn ons and turn offs

Misc

Ability to travel any maxis and custom worlds while maintaining relationships. like the twilan's traveler mod.

Body shop 2.0, Better CAW, CAP, and homecrafter 2.0

Mod and CC friendly on the first day of the release so it won't lag!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 7th May 2013 at 8:18 AM
Placing lots like in TS2...This is one of the reasons why I do not play TS3!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Instructor
#53 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
This, like Pets, is something that needs to be in the base game. Of course they wont do it for numerous reasons. But it'd be nice if they did.

I really don't give a damn about pets. Or supernaturals. That is why I did not include them in MY must haves. They may be in other people's must haves, but they are not in mine.

Similarly, I did not include Showtime, Generations or Ambitions stuff. I view the last three as wasted EPs which added little to game play.

But for basic game play, it needs to have Seasons, Open for Business, Vacations (and I agree, real vacation, and not a limited game play RPG), Late Night and University game play right from the get go. I am not going to buy in until the level of game play is where the Sims 3 currently is AND where it was at the conclusion of the Sims 2. I don't want an incomplete and half assed game.

I simply do not trust EA to provide this level of game play five years down the road. So I want it upfront. Until I get it, it is a pass.
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th May 2013 at 11:45 AM
I just got an idea of something that feels pretty probable for The Sims 4. In TS3 there are moodlets, and sure, it's fun to see a little sign saying that your sim had an awesome meal, but if the moodlets weren't there you wouldn't be able to tell. However, since TS4 is going to focus more on the sims and developing their personalities and relationships (or that's at least the way I've understood it), what if the moodlets changed the way the sims behave more drastically? I'm talking facial expressions (sure, we have that now, but they are like idle animations and aren't done at the same time as the sim does other things if you understand what I mean) and more subtle changes in behavior based on how the sim is feeling. Less jumping around on the spot for a couple of seconds only to start walking normally immediately when a sim really needs to go to the bathroom, and more actually changing the way a sim walks when it has to pee. Am I making sense here?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
1. Preteen life stage. As a storyteller I hate having all the children look the same age. I want something to distinguish an 8 year old child from a 12 year old.
Agreed. This is more important than "young elder" that is apparently coming in Sims 4 according to some image that I saw (although I just saw one post claiming that that image is fake). I think we could use at least one more age group for sims younger than adult, possibly even two.

Quote:
2. Height sliders. Don't care if the animation issues that'll come with it delay the game's release until they perfect it. At this point, if they want to move forward with CAS then this is the only route they can take.
If variable heights would put too much toll on the animations, I would be happy even with just 3-4 set heights to choose from, as someone suggested.

Quote:
7. Bring back the Wants, Fears, and Memories UI we had in TS2
Memories is probably the thing that I most want to see reintroduced into the game. Sims really need them to be able to act on past experiences.
That, and turn-ons and turn-offs - with even more choices this time. It should be possible to set Traits as turn-ons and turn-offs, as well as (although though I realize it is controversial) skin tones and body type.

I would also like to be able to set gender preferences directly in CAS (for teens and up). Not necessarily as fixed settings that can never be overruled (although perhaps that should be an option too), but as initial settings that will only change gradually depending on how you play your sim characters. If I create a character with the clear intent that he/she should already have a specific gender preference, I shouldn't have to rely on cheat tools to make sure that they are attracted to the "right" type of sims right after creation.

Edited to add a new thought: We already have Traits... why not also introduce Phobias? If Fears were reintroduced into the game, "short-time" Fears that actually occur could cause the sim to develop a Phobia for that type of event and change the way they act about certain things.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:52 PM
I've said over and over I won't buy Sims 4, and nothing I've read has changed my mind as of yet. Of course it's really early.

EA did jump the first hurdle though by saying it will be playable offline.

What I would really need to change my mind though is to be able to turn off things I don't like. I don't like any of the supernatural sims, and I play with those off, but that needs to be extended to all expansion packs. For example I liked the concept of wild animals. I figured my sims would have to venture out into the country to find wild animals but instead packs of them invaded my neighborhoods and cities. I found that so off putting that I removed the pets expansion from my game and I really liked some of it.

That gave me an idea I think EA would like. People don't like some of the expansion packs that EA comes up with, but they would like the content for their game. So I think they should make expansion packs available in two types, full and content. For example, a full pets expansion pack, and a content pack without the pets, meaning with all the new hair and clothes and furniture, and build objects, etc. I say that because I bought the pets expansion packs in both sims 2 & 3, but there's no way I'm buying another pets expansion pack even if I was to eventually buy the sims 4. I haven't liked the way animals acted in either pack. I would however buy all content packs, and I bet most people would.

As has already been mentioned I would want to be able to edit the whole world from the game and change things as I play, including roads. I hate that CAW is separate.

EA should also construct the game so we can play it the way we want to play it without constrains. For example we can't have some community objects on residential lot. If that's what we want to do, let us do it.

A height slider.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Will Galen
A height slider.

I agree with this.

One thing that Sims 4 doesn't need is the random and useless memories that Sims 3 threw at you.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:55 PM
How about dynamic traits, like in ts3 pets. The more a sim does something or acts a certain way, the more they pick up on that trait. So if I make my sim clean up after herself every day, she eventually gains the neat trait. No trait cap is a given here. Oh, and long term moodlets that affect sims for the rest of their lives. They can be hidden in the memory panel if neccessary.
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:00 PM
Besides everything else that has been mentioned here, I have must haves of my own.
For me it's always the the little things that were missing in Sims3, that I hope are included in Sims4:

- attic and basement Windows
- height sliders for Sims, hair, clothes (especially dresses)
- NO non-colourable items or unroutable terrain
- tattoos on every body part of a Sims
- removable hats
- no more bananas that grow on apple trees
- houses that are separate form lots (so that you can move a house on
any lot no matter what size the previous lot was before)
- actual grass or stones and not just terrain paint
- other transportation like public busses, trains, planes (if not in the
Basegame than at least with a vacation EP)
- fewer age restrictions - let teenagers live in their own apartment or let
them drop out of school
- diseases, accidents, longer pregnancy, more crime - everything that
makes a Sim life more challenging than that of a lab hamster
Mad Poster
#60 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:09 PM
does anyone want cutscenes back? it's a maybe for myself. i hope hot tubs are in the BG. i don't care much for weather but i would like rain and gloomy days in the bg as well.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
does anyone want cutscenes back? it's a maybe for myself.
I think I'd like them. At least, I really liked them for the births in TS2 because I got a close-up on the baby and could see what its genetics were. Of course, if we don't have genetics, that's a non-issue.
Inventor
#62 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:40 PM
I hope they look more like the sims in Sims Medieval than in Sims 3. They're more realistic but still cartoony, it was much easier to make a beautiful sim.
And I hope the genetics it more like the Sims 2.
Instructor
#63 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:41 PM
I just want two things: to have an offline game (which wish seems to be fullfilled) and to play every house - not like TS3 where you only can play one house. I want to play the houses in rotations like you can do in TS2. If both wishes are fullfilled, I may think about buying the game, because TS2 still is so much fun.
Theorist
#64 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:44 PM
Boob sliders.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#65 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:58 PM
I agree that the system of traits really needs to be redone. It has become something of a mess.

I would like to see no limit on the number of traits. Instead, I think players should be able to purchase traits with lifetime happiness points. Some traits would have a negative value, so that if a player took a negative trait, like insanity, he would pick up additional lifetime happiness to purchase good traits. Then we could get rid of some of the sillier rewards, or rewards which really should be purchased with simoleons instead of lifetime happiness.

Instead of children acquiring traits because of completing tasks as a toddler, they would acquire lifetime happiness which would be used to purchase traits. As they age up, they don't gain additional traits because of school performance, which is sorta dumb anyway, but for acquiring lifetime happiness.

And while we are at it, perhaps we should no longer call it "lifetime happiness," but "experience." This would put it in line with many role playing games and should be a concept most gamers understand. Experience would be used to purchase traits, skills and abilities. In fact, traits, skills and abilities should largely be interchangeable.

In fact, experience would also be used to purchase promotions at work and increases in skill abilities. That is we would have a single uniform system of advancement, rather than the current hodgepodge of separate systems.

By itself, changing the trait system will not be enough to induce me to purchase the Sims 4, but it will make it more attractive.
Instructor
#66 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:03 PM Last edited by a_az13_a : 7th May 2013 at 5:46 PM.
- Sims 3 style skills system
- Open world
- Optional story progression
- No rabbitholes
- More gradual ageing system
- More complex personalities for sims (maybe with the personality points from TS2 and TS3 style traits, but with a wider variety)
- More interactions between sims and the STR/LTR system from TS2 brought back
- WEATHER FROM THE START
- Sims which look similar to the ones from TS2 (unlikely looking at the preview image)
- Highly customisable hair/clothes/furniture like TS3
- Easily moddable, and maybe something like body shop from TS2 so less experinced creators can make CC
- New EP ideas, not just re-using the same ones from the past three games
- Bring back the humour and re-playability that TS2 had (TS3 just gets boring way too easily)

And loads of other stuff too but that's just what I can come up with right now.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Mad Poster
#67 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
does anyone want cutscenes back? it's a maybe for myself. i hope hot tubs are in the BG. i don't care much for weather but i would like rain and gloomy days in the bg as well.

YES! I don't know why I didn't think of that before!
Scholar
#68 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:25 PM
I like the rabbit holes but they should only be optional, like when you start they're a rabbit hole but you can choose to build a proper lot there if you want.
And I hated the cutscenes.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:30 PM
I found the Sims 3 base game very dull. It didn't help that the second pack had nothing to do with the neighborhood but was a badly done adventure themed game, not even a sandbox.

So, if I am going to play Sims 4, they need to put more to do in the base game and add EPs that actually add to the life simulator first. Save the vacations and adventures and magic for later but give us weather, romantic dates, ability to sell stuff to directly to other sims such as cottage crafts and produce, and give us fun things for the sims. Give us at least one or two sports things, basketball, soccer, etc. Let us swim in lakes and oceans immediately. Give us some fun electronic stuff, more to do on the computer, the phone, arcade items. Allow social interactions to be more fun, such as chatting with a group, throwing a party, playing a board game, or Skyping on the computer. Don't save all this for the 4th or 5th EP, but give it to us in the base game. Give us places to go, such as restaurants where sims can interact, comic book shops, coffee houses, places to listen to music and dance to a DJ.

Otherwise, I wait until a few EPs first and just keep playing Sims 3. Pretty graphics and better personalities is GREAT but there has to be stuff to do or the game is very dull!
Mad Poster
#70 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:34 PM
Oh, dear, I just got rid of cutscenes.

Oh, well ... maybe the OPTION to have cutscenes?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:47 PM
I want to be able to DELETE stuff. All those template sims that currently clutter up Bodyshop? Delete. Ugly clothes? I want to delete them. I want to delete ugly hair and content I just never ever use. Premade families I have no interest in or test sims I created to try a mod on? I want to be able to delete them. Not kill them and have their character data clogging up my game, I want them gone.
And I want a search bar for build/buy mode.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#72 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Sims 2-style memories, where they remember things like marriage, divorce, etc, and not just getting invited to a party.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: one-sided relationships.

Agreed. Also, proper genetics.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#73 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:51 PM
To add to list:
-better and more realistic careers system, I want to manage my sims at work, possibilities to change from one to another company or to start in a related career , self-employment or to run their own business in a higher level depending on experience or skills.
- a better ageing, gradual or introducing new life stages, as preteen or a mature adult between adult and elder (too old to roknroll too young to die)
- diseases and injuries, a functional hospital, and a vet career.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
Agreed. Also, proper genetics.
Yes. I mean, TS2's simple Mendellian genetics is fine - that's what I mean by proper genetics. Not like real genetics - way too complex.

And, stealing an idea from someone else I read long ago (and thus cannot properly attribute), I'd love separate beds and mattresses, where the mattresses give the comfort/energy. That way every wealthy family wouldn't have the same high-energy bed.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#75 Old 7th May 2013 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I want to be able to DELETE stuff. All those template sims that currently clutter up Bodyshop? Delete. Ugly clothes? I want to delete them. I want to delete ugly hair and content I just never ever use. Premade families I have no interest in or test sims I created to try a mod on? I want to be able to delete them. Not kill them and have their character data clogging up my game, I want them gone.
And I want a search bar for build/buy mode.

Yes Yes Yes! I am in full agreement on this. I can't remember the last time I scrolled to the end of the clothing screens in TS2 where the base game clothes live. We wouldn't need hiders anymore!

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Page 3 of 30