Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 11:20 PM
1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing?
Anywhere from an hour to literally all day browsing the Downloads to see if I can find anything to add to my prettyful houses and sims, or that I can improve but never upload.
2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, what?
Clothes (Mainly tee-shirts), Sims, Items, Houses/Community Lots
3. Are you staff for any other sims sites?
I am for my own...Somewhat...I don't have it officially published yet since I'm still trying to work on the HTML and CSS stuff.
4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.
I love to write, like my sims. I also read alot...I also like making websites. I have a ton but I never actually published one...I also LOOVE anime. With a passion. <3 Anime=life. I want to draw doujins when I'm in career mode.
5. What's your favourite kind of pie?
Coconut Creme. I watcheed Icarly and tried it when I was 9, I loved it ever since.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 5:31 PM
Just wanna give it a try. Would be nice if it would work. And I like bacon a lot!

1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing?

The last time I had not enough time to visit MTS daily but if I am in a good mood for simming and sneaking around I spend here around an hour, looking for nice CC or forum posts...or looking for help if my game does not work again. I think in August or September I will have more time which I can spend here.

I do make CC, usually for my private joy and most for TS2. I tried to upload some lots but I was not really successful. I like creating clothes, wallpapers and floors for TS2 and patterns for TS3.

Nope. Just thought about building up my own Sims site to train HTML and so one but it was too much work...

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.

Well, I am a graphic design student and creating CC is always nice to train some PhotoShop tricks or programming. I like architecture and design. Baking apple pie prevents me from going crazy because of stress or a not correctly working computer. I play SimCity and Sims since The Sims Deluxe was released and bought every EP (except of Accessories packs - I think EA makes money with stuff which we can also download on such great CC sites like this one here for free ) for every game and looking forward to buying TS4.

Apple Pie. As I said, it prevents me from going crazy.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Miss Simpleton : 16th Jun 2013 at 8:24 PM.
It varies, If I am creating something I will be on the site quite often. I've been a member for quite a few years and have been to all areas of the site at one point or another. The creator help has been a favorite of mine. Critiquing someone's creation without shattering their soul is an art form. I think I have become quite good at it. I like this site and would like to give back if I'm needed. Ive learned everything I know about The Sims from ModTheSims. And I'm not sucking up or I would have said something even more dramatic. I can contribute a few hours a week as needed, Im pretty flexible

I do make custom content. Before I became a member, I assisted my sister in lot making an furnishing. I might mention that almost all of them became a picked upload. I soon started dabbling in my own creations. Having an art background might have helped in giving me an eye for color and detail. My basic uploads are patterns for walls and floors. I was a late bloomer for the Sims 3 and have only recently got the hang of creating for that series. Not ready to upload yet but I may soon.
No

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant. Well I gave some in my other answers. I live in the NY area with family which includes humans and pets . As I mentioned, I am an artist and also do some designing. Most of the time I work from home so I get to surf the internet without anyone annoying me about it. I am loud. And I love sushi only if its not raw. I have had sushi with bacon and its really good. But the bacon must be cooked.

5. What's your favourite kind of pie?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I have to be honest, I'm not a pie person. But as long as it contains chocolate of some kind I will scoff it down.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
Forum Resident
#54 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 8:05 PM Last edited by chreai : 16th Jun 2013 at 9:08 PM.
I was with kiwi_tea on whether or not I should apply for this, but hey, I'm on the forums almost every day anyway (mostly lurking lately) and I'm certain I have at least fifteen minutes to spare each day. So here we go:

I'll be honest. I'm not on every day. But I do check in most days and will spend hours here, usually. I'm usually reading and replying on the Sims 3 forums, though lately I've been scouring for new CAS downloads to make my Sims appear more lifelike.

I have made my own content, though I haven't uploaded anything. I did some XML tuning to add more autonomy to my game. Eventually, I'd like to try my hand at retexturing some of the EA hairstyles, if I can work up enough patience for it. And once I've done that, I may have patience to spare for making more advanced content.

No.

I have been playing The Sims series since day 1. I have the whole collection thus far, plus most strategy guides. Despite its limitations, TS1 will always be my absolute favorite series because of the thought and originality that the creators put into the game and its expansions. Outside of my Simming life, I am a mother of one and have been with my baby's father for seven+ years. My son is five and 1/2 years old and his name is Aidan. He was born two weeks before Christmas and was, by far, the best gift I've ever received! Aside from the Sims, my other favorite games are Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, World of Warcraft, Majesty, Radiata Stories, and Soul Caliber III, to name a few. I listen to all types of music but my faves are indie and electronica. I love to write short stories and poems, play piano and create mixed media art. I enjoy attending various events about town, especially cultural fairs and street markets, as well as planning parties and events myself, and am in the process of starting up a vlog based on my activities. Oh, and I LOVE bacon. But not to the point of putting it on everything, including ice cream, a la Denny's! *barf*

5. What's your favourite kind of pie? Pumpkin pie, hands down! I look forward to Thanksgiving every year and not for the turkey. Screw the turkey, gimme that pumpkin pie! Well, don't literally screw the turkey....cuz that would be f***ed up.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#55 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 12:57 AM
Default What About ME!
1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing? After I eat a bacon sandwich, I come here about 45min - 1hr per time here and I visit the site about 3-5 times a day. I check my PM and forum sites the most and upload my creations.

Yes- I make graphic shirts in sims 2 and I have even make a bacon flavored wallpaper that you can taste in my first house I have uploaded.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites? No- No-one likes llama poop!!

Well, I am a creator here at MTS, My Avatar is a frog, I live in the USA! And I eat BACON!

If I said my favorite Pie was llama PooP pie I'd be lying, so my favorite pie is Key Lime Pie!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#56 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine

5. What's your favourite kind of pie? Maple-bacon of course... with cherries on top.... and a steak, medium rare.... with horseradish... over mud, baked in the sun till just ready to crack open topped with sun-dried tomatoes... I can go on here... Oh! and extra bacon bits on top.

Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea

Strawberry cheesecake-pie (without bacon)

Oh! Oh! I hope we are asked this because we all will receive our favourite pie (made by HP) if we don't get picked as new upload moderators... won't we?

Yaayy... a yummy strawberry cheesecake-pie for my tummy!

OH GAWD! You mean if I am NOT picked I have to actually EAT that pie! Blurb! Quick hand me the antacids! Faster!

I could probably tolerate it sans mud.
Inventor
#57 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 6:46 AM
It hasn't been confirmed yet but considering what YOUR choice of pie is I hope for you that you get picked. You never now. As for my favourite pie I wish to have one if I don't get picked. But I'd also be happy with a small bite of bacon.

Err... and I also wouldn't mind bacon and/or pie if I get picked. Huh... guess I'm hungry...

Now HP has something of a Pied Piper ... first she's mentioning bacon, then she's asking what our favourite pie is...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 7:06 AM
I might have been somewhat hungry when writing that post...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#59 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I might have been somewhat hungry when writing that post...

Now am hungry too and I want that pie and bacon. I hope you send plenty of both to me.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#60 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 8:12 AM
Well if all the applicants are successful there should be NO more moaning about how slow the moderation queue is!!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#61 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 8:17 AM
... yes, but I'm afraid that most of us now expect to be paid with bacon and pie of all kinds. Might go on strike if we get none of it....
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#62 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 10:58 AM
I can always put a random image of bacon or pie on every one of your posts, a la great ideas day.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Retired
retired moderator
#63 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 11:59 AM
I vote for this image I swiped from someone's recipe after googling "Bacon pie with bacon crust":

Sadly the filling is apple, not bacon.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#64 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 12:06 PM
I'd still rather have a cake doughnut with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Yesterday (figured since it was Sunday, and a lot of people would be at church, there might be plenty of doughnuts left) I finally got to the store in time to get doughnuts- ALL the cake doughnuts were gone. So I had to settle for a cruller, which I like. But a cruller is not a cake doughnut, no matter how much I close my eyes and try to pretend.

No. I won't go back to the store today. I couldn't stand to have my heart broken like that 2 days in a row.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 1:02 PM
Although I am interested, I have a question. Is it required to moderate both sims 2 and sims 3 uploads? I wouldn't feel comfortable moderating sims 3, as I've never played it and have no frame of reference. The technical parts of double-checking screenshot requirements and alike wouldn't be a problem, but I couldn't judge what is worthy and what isn't.

I don't know exactly how long (believe it or not, but I don't sit with a timer measuring it daily. I know, I'm weird) but I would guesstimate somewhere around one to two hours. Most of that time is spent read forum, but there is the occasional download splurge if I find some glaring hole in my CC-folder that needs immediate fixing. I also tend to read tutorials on how to do different things.

Hair and clothing recolors, lots and to a minor extent, mods.

Nope. I don't really visit other Sims sites.

I may or may not have played a game in which you had a robot helper that used bacon as a weapon, and I may or may not have convinced the creator to create a vegetarian-friendly broccoli mode where the robot uses broccoli instead. I have since realized that bacon is actually quite yummy.

I am a slightly OCD perfectionist who usually goes under the name of grandma, a joke based on my many grandma-like traits. I am sometimes a bit more straight forward than most people appreciate, but that is just how I am. I am total nerd, and I like being one.

I don't really eat pie. I said it, I'm weird. If I do eat pie, it's usually cheese pie. I'm more of a cake-person, really. Or chocolate-related desserts. Mmm, chocolate.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#66 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 1:20 PM
gummilutt, No, you wouldn't have to do both TS2 and TS3. Although theres a lot of overlap (for example picture sizes and so on), so long as we get people interested in both.

Although saying that, I dunno if I could handle you asking even more questions about the site in the staff forums.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#67 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 1:48 PM
Well that's a bonus I had forgotten about - being able to get all the juicy gossip in the staff areas Who needs pie eh? Popcorn rulez!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well that's a bonus I had forgotten about - being able to get all the juicy gossip in the staff areas Who needs pie eh? Popcorn rulez!

I've always wondered what went on behind the scene at MTS. I envisioned something like a cross between the TV shows Madmen and Glee. But since I've always been on the other side of the moderation que, The Hunger Games comes to mind, as I wait for the verdict

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#69 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 2:38 PM
Mostly it's talk about guidelines, new ideas, and existing stuff. Nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid! :P

Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 3:15 PM Last edited by MusicalPlatypus : 17th Jun 2013 at 3:20 PM. Reason: more spelling errors
:)
Here's my application.

About an hour (I also look for CC on coolsims.net and hypnotizedsims.com and so on.) I usually spend the time looking for custom content, mostly in the Body Shop category. Sometimes I visit Q & A to see if I can help answer any questions.

I have a weird habit of recoloring custom hairstyles (Females, mostly). I stink at meshing and stuff, but I'm pretty good at recoloring. Of course, sometimes I don't do well with lighting, shadows, and realisticness (if that's a word). But mostly, I recolor hairstyles. I have the most fun with making them crazy color like blue, pink or even RAINBOW!!!!!

No. But I'd like to be! The Sims 2 is by far my favorite computer game!

Well, I'm a very "colorful" person. When I grow up, I want to be a singer, and try thinking of my own ideas for music videos. I have practiced writing songs... music is super important to me. When I think of clothing, I want bright colors! I really don't like grey or black. I have a bit of a hobby of learning more about the Sims. I start testing what cheat codes do, add lots of CC, and basically, well, Mod the Sims! As for creative ideas and improvement, well, my sister has autism, so I'm used to helping out and thinking of creative ideas for improving her skills and helping her learn more. I also have a weird urge for correcting spelling errors or British spellings. I couldn't help but take out the "U" in favorite!

5. What's your favorite kind of pie?

Key lime, although, I've never tried bacon before. Maybe if I liked it, I'd think of bacon pie! But... I like fruity flavors, more

P.S. I usually only play The Sims 2. Should I just stick with checking those? I just don't really want to mess with The Sims 3.

FIND ME AT www.platymouseplace.webs.com KK? GOOD! YAY!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 3:29 PM
Time on here varies. Probably a half hour total per day. Usually glancing at the forums or admiring some uploads.

I make recolors of pictures. Simple mesh changes. Nothing fancy enough to be uploaded. Got sime Sims 2 creations on here, but no Sims 3 yet. TSR has some of my Pic recolors.

Nope.

I'm currently working as a Chef's aid. I don't do breakfast shifts but I do have to get strips of bacon ready to wrap around asparagus (Its really good!). I'm addicted to my Sims . I love medieval/fantasy based stuff. Also love taking pics of nature. I love turtles too. (Both reptile and chocolate) Mmmmmm Chocolate...........

Lemon pie! Yum Yum. I also like key lime and strawberry/rhubarb.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Mostly it's talk about guidelines, new ideas, and existing stuff. Nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid! :P

Aaaaawww, let us dream :-p And make up fantastically exciting stuff about unicorns and goblins and that amazing world just beyond the border of this "ordinary-member"-area :-D

Edit: I can picture it in my mind... it always has a rainbow and grass plains.

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong

- Oscar Wilde
Instructor
#73 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 5:18 PM Last edited by levini : 17th Jun 2013 at 9:30 PM.
Oooh! an application for a cool thing! I shall do this!

Well, before Taking a small hiatus from simming, I used to be here nearly 24/7. I would browse the downloads or hang in the chat. I still hang about from time to time, and the way my life seems to be changing, I am having the ability to be here more. I have reserved myself to the chat and lurking about.

I do/have made CC. I made lots, Recolours, Objects, clothes, and worlds .

I have (I think) would being a creator for a site count?

I'm just an happy little 17 year old from America who is focused on schoolwork and life, but has time for gaming and doing whatever he wants. I am independent and will usually do things by myself unless I am needed to work with someone. I'm a grunge lover and I am currently working on building my own home from a moving truck (though I am in the planning phase)! and I am working on making doll clothes (to sell :P). I strive to be different and unique, which makes me happy. Though I may at times be immature, I can be as mature as needed and pull myself to do anything I put my brain to!

I would say pumpkin or apple pie. I also Tried to make a pie one time with eggs, sausage and bacon. My stomach died from it.

EDIT:How can I forget bacon and the cool bacon story!

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#74 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 6:02 PM Last edited by porkypine : 17th Jun 2013 at 6:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
I'd still rather have a cake doughnut with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Yesterday (figured since it was Sunday, and a lot of people would be at church, there might be plenty of doughnuts left) I finally got to the store in time to get doughnuts- ALL the cake doughnuts were gone. So I had to settle for a cruller, which I like. But a cruller is not a cake doughnut, no matter how much I close my eyes and try to pretend.

No. I won't go back to the store today. I couldn't stand to have my heart broken like that 2 days in a row.

CATZ! You need to WAKE UP EARLIER the get the best doughnuts!

p.s. I think we need a 'manic' button for some of these entries!
Interstellar Traveler
#75 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 6:27 PM
Levini — I guess immolating the pig makes the bacon more tasteful and fulfilling, huh?

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: full
Page 3 of 17