Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DoctorWholmes
I have never done a sims 3 contest or in fact made a full house in sims 3, but I'm going to do this because it's summer and why the hell not?

Of course! Anyone can enter, we'll be happy to see your entry!

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 3:30 PM
I can't figure out how to resize the height of the foundation back to normal. I was able to flatten the lot using the CFE cheat, do I use lower terrain to get the foundation back to normal or something else? tried lowering the terrain under the foundation but it didn't fix the problem
Instructor
#53 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 3:49 PM Last edited by levini : 22nd Jul 2013 at 4:03 PM. Reason: Fix a messed up image.
After a few hours, I present my entry to the contest.

Groundwork Round 1 - Levini's application
Name: Spirit of painted rope - A loft for the nautical artist
This home is set up in a mix of Nautical chic, shabby chic, colonial and southern style with a smooth simple color scheme consisting of light airy nautical tones set off with an artistic and personalized touch throughout the home. The home is a one bedroom loft with a balcony for just watching the stars at night, or to gain inspiration for that next dramatic painting. Contains an adorable display garden bound to make the neighbors jealous at your artistic talent and green thumb. This is the destination for any artistic rebels who want a light and airy place to call home.

Required Shots
Front

Back

Floorplan
Main Floor

Loft

Extras
Display Garden

Living Room

Foyer area (From the living room, contains a view of the kitchen)

Kitchen/Dining area

Outdoor Patio

Outdoor Service area
Part 1

Part 2

Bed Space

CC Credits (Will provide links to free items in question.)
Around the Sims 3 (No pay content used)
Awesims
BauFive
Gelina
Holy Simoly (No pay content used)
Hysterical Paroxsysm
Pocci
SailfinDragon
TS3 Store

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
The other one
#54 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elegant rubble
I can't figure out how to resize the height of the foundation back to normal. I was able to flatten the lot using the CFE cheat, do I use lower terrain to get the foundation back to normal or something else? tried lowering the terrain under the foundation but it didn't fix the problem

With CFE set to false and the lot flattened build one square of foundation somewhere away from the house foundation (just so you don't forget which one you added). Then with the level terrain tool selected click and hold down on top of your one square of foundation and drag across the top of the house foundation. You should see lots of highlighted green squares then when you release the house foundation will be the same height as your one square of foundation. Hope that helps
Mad Poster
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 7:36 PM
If I can get motivated enough then I think I'll join in with this.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 9:00 PM Last edited by bhanse1 : 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Default My Entry: Villa Di Lusso
As soon as I saw this I knew I wanted to try it, so here goes nothing!
My entry is a stereotypical Italian villa designed in a classical fashion which I have titled Villa Di Lusso (Luxury Villa). The home itself is a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom family home with a pool and carport. The home's colors were chosen to feel homey and comforting, while also being presentable and stylish. So now I present the images.

Required:
Front

Back

Floorplan 1

Floorplan 2

So those were required, but now for the extra bits!

First is the Car Port complete with a little Italian hatchback (Fresh-Prince's Fiat 500 Abarth) and some shrubbery.

Then There are the Master (Blue) and Guest (Green) bedrooms that occupy most of the second floor along with the 2 identical upstairs bathrooms.

Next up is the Living Room which also contains the dining table and leads to the Kitchen and the porch which then leads to the Pool Area.

So that is pretty much it, my whole entry.
Scholar
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 9:13 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 22nd Jul 2013 at 9:32 PM.
@ Bhanse. While your pictures are lovely, I'm going to request you please paste the IMG code onto this thread to make it a whole lot easier for the judges to score. Scrolling down the page is a lot easier than clicking each individual link. Thank you.

Field Researcher
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 9:38 PM
For those having issues with placing the lot (with raised or lowered terrain), go to edit town mode, go to place the lot so you can see whether it will be raised or lowered, and then cancel out of it. Then press **Control(Command if you're on a Mac)+Shift+C**, which brings up the cheat menu.
Enter the following.

"SetImportedTerrainOffset (value)"
without the " marks and substitute (value) for a number.

After you've placed the lot, check if the elevation is what you want before you press OK. If not, cancel and change the value you put in. Positive numbers raise the lot and negative numbers lower it. If you want to get it even more exact, use decimals.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
@ Bhanse. While your pictures are lovely, I'm going to request you please paste the IMG code onto this thread to make it a whole lot easier for the judges to score. Scrolling down the page is a lot easier than clicking each individual link. Thank you.

No problem, I'll do that right away.
Inventor
#60 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:16 PM
Thanks a bunch, TVR and missroxor! I tried both of your solutions, for giggles, and both worked.

*the more you knoww!*

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
With CFE set to false and the lot flattened build one square of foundation somewhere away from the house foundation (just so you don't forget which one you added). Then with the level terrain tool selected click and hold down on top of your one square of foundation and drag across the top of the house foundation. You should see lots of highlighted green squares then when you release the house foundation will be the same height as your one square of foundation. Hope that helps

Thanks, I've finally got it sorted.

Another rather silly question, how exactly do I get the images on here? I'm not that familiar with uploading on this site
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:49 PM

Another rather silly question, how exactly do I get the images on here? I'm not that familiar with uploading on this site

When you write a response, there is a "Manage Attachments" section at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, since you have an account, you can use this website:

Modyourpanties.com

To host your images, and post them inline without going through the hassle of attaching them. I recommend Modyourpanties as the size limit is larger as well. It is a very good tool to use

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Scholar
#63 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:51 PM

To insert picures:

1. Go to photobucket or wherever you usually upload pictures. Personally, I use MYP because it requires no registration if you have a MTS account you're logged into.

2. Copy IMG by selecting all of the IMG and hitting ctrl+c

3. Paste into thread by hitting ctrl+v

4. Admire your wonderful pictures as well as my tutorial. *Optional*

EDIT: Looks like QBUILDERZ beat me to it.

Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:57 PM
--THE FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED--

I have included the answers asked as well as a few resources. Figured what better place to put them than in the first post?!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 12:25 AM Last edited by elegant rubble : 24th Jul 2013 at 10:15 AM.
Default My Entry
Entry: Sunflower Grove. The perfect starter home for a young family. Includes a cozy master suite with a nautical en suite bathroom, a princess/fairytale themed children's bedroom, an upper balcony relaxation area, an open plan living/kitchen/dining area with an adjoining utilities room and last but not least a spacious open garden area complete with a grilling zone, child's play area, veg garden and of course sunflowers galore!

Required:

Extras:

Field Researcher
#66 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 12:30 AM
Default Beginner's Luck
Hi

I am lousy with building anything so I thought I will give this a go. So count me in lol

cheers
Field Researcher
#67 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 12:51 AM
Roughly how long will we have for each subsequent stage of the competition? I do mean roughly. I'm away for four days in a couple of weeks, so I wondered if it would likely still be possible to participate...
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by picass0blue
Roughly how long will we have for each subsequent stage of the competition? I do mean roughly. I'm away for four days in a couple of weeks, so I wondered if it would likely still be possible to participate...

This first round is 14 days in order to gain more attention, the last three rounds are 10 days (with minor extensions if needed)

Scholar
#69 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by picass0blue

It would be very possible. Each round is two weeks and you can whip out a house in a day, easily if you're determined.

EDIT: QBUILDERZ beat me to it again! Darn slow page refreshing! :D

#70 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 1:13 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 28th Jul 2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: reshot pics in dragon valley and jiggled it aboutabit
Default Mrs Miggins' Pie And Bread Shop
A snapshot in time of an old London back street, featuring Mrs Miggins's Bread and Pie Emporium.
Front of lot and rear of lot

Her simple home consists of the shop itself and an upstairs room - no running water of course.
Floor Plans

Poor Mrs Miggins! Left alone to run her shop, her husband is off fighting the war against that scoundrel Napoleon Simaparte as she struggles to earn a living
for herself and her baby.
Additional Pictures

But Mrs Miggins waits - maybe one day, her husband will come home ....

Please note the 'walls' on the fence line are dummy walls and doors and provide merely 'set dressing' and offer no extra room whatsoever; they are essentially 'fences' with windows and doors in. The lot was playtested and there was surprisingly little stamping, shouting and unnecessary peeing on the floor.

Lot Type
Community Hang Out
Mods Used
Buy/Build Restriction Choker by Buzzler
Cheats Used
CFE on staircase
Move Objects On
Custom Content Used
Around The Sims - Free Content
Sims 3 Store Content
Credits
Builders Island - Armiel - without which most of us would have been royally screwed
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 2:05 AM
Thses entries are all so wonderful! It's only been a day Keep them coming guys -- this is sure to be the best foundation contest yet!

Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 2:13 AM
i saw someone ask if pools away from the foundation were allowed but i didnt see if there was a responce, are pools not allowed away from the foundation?
#73 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 2:32 AM
Just a quick question - would it make life easier if we enclosed our pics in spoilers? It wont take a moment to change my entry if it's preferred that way.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Just a quick question - would it make life easier if we enclosed our pics in spoilers? It wont take a moment to change my entry if it's preferred that way.

I would preferr it as it prevents the page from stretching, but I forgot to speciy it in the main post, so I'd feel bad asking for people to do so now I would appreciate it if you did, though, for sure!

Test Subject
#75 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 3:32 AM Last edited by Fuzzlechan : 23rd Jul 2013 at 3:43 AM.
Groundwork Entry One: Aurora Abode
Warning: Very large images. All are within individual spoiler tags.
Aurora Abode is a miniature modern mansion designed for this year's most eligible bachelor or bachelorette. Featuring a large kitchen, high-end television and large bedroom with a sitting area, this home is a single sim's dream.

Imgur Gallery for all pictures in thumbnails

EDIT: Reread rules, and realized no fountains by the foundation. Fixed lot and updated outside shots accordingly. Ignore fountain on the extra Front Yard shot and the floor plan shots. Actual lot has no fountain.

Page 3 of 59