Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Base Game Clothes!-Female

by hgirl2k Posted 18th Jul 2013 at 6:08 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2014 at 9:37 AM by hgirl2k

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:03 PM
Most awesome! I heartily salute your brilliance.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:43 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Please keep going!!!

I almost exclusively use custom clothes, and hate waiting minutes before I can even switch the filters on...

I hope that EA accessories will be the next "victim"! :o)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitequeen73
Yes! Yes! Yes! Please keep going!!!

I almost exclusively use custom clothes, and hate waiting minutes before I can even switch the filters on...

I hope that EA accessories will be the next "victim"! :o)

LOL! I'll definitely put "accesories" on my list of things to hide.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 9:58 PM
Great! Finally I don't have to look at this crap anymore. Thanks for your mods! ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:54 AM
Oh please, oh please hide those awful accessories! And thanks for your mods. I'm using them as soon as I start my game up again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 1:21 AM
Thank You so much!! If you download the 'Townies', does that mean that the townies will wear the custom content that you installed into your game by default?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IcyPrincess
Thank You so much!! If you download the 'Townies', does that mean that the townies will wear the custom content that you installed into your game by default?

Yes, your townies will wear anything BESIDES the base game clothes. :p
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 4:26 AM
Love the hider you've made, hgirl2k
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 6:04 AM Last edited by bobsim : 19th Jul 2013 at 6:15 AM. Reason: added a request :)
AWESOME! Thank you so much for these. I second the accessory request. And the townie hiders part, a stroke of genius! Oh, if you can manage to hide shoes for townies too, that would be heaven because I have adult clothes set for teens, but the EA stuff puts a horrible gap between them using teen shoes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 2:52 PM
great idea but what about the males, will you be doing one for them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by midge719
great idea but what about the males, will you be doing one for them?

Yes, I'm working on that right now. It will be my next release.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobsim
AWESOME! Thank you so much for these. I second the accessory request. And the townie hiders part, a stroke of genius! Oh, if you can manage to hide shoes for townies too, that would be heaven because I have adult clothes set for teens, but the EA stuff puts a horrible gap between them using teen shoes.

Probably after my No More Base Game Clothes-Males hider, I will create a hider for accessories and townies too shoes. It will take a while, because I've tried creating a townies too Shoes one, but it hasn't worked for some reason. I'll have to look further into it.

Edit: Ok, I figured out what I will do. I will work on the townies too for Shoes and if I succeed, I'll add it to this mod. Next will be my hider for make base game clothes and after that will be the accessories.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 3:57 AM
Hi. I loved your 'base game hair hider' so I thought I would try this out.

Saw some odd behavior, though. My 'sandbox' for new mods is AnyGameStarter with BaseGame and Seasons. When I fired up CAS with the townie versions of the hide clothes mods, I noticed that some categories of CAS no longer had all of their tabs (i.e. the tops tab might be there, but not the bottoms. I saw that in more than one category.)

Another thing I saw was corrupt CAS thumbnails, which if clicked on, coincided with a floating head with no body.

Not sure if these issues are specific to the AnyGameStarter environment, or conflict with some other mod (don't have many in there), or what, but thought I would mention it.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxQBaker
Hi. I loved your 'base game hair hider' so I thought I would try this out.

Saw some odd behavior, though. My 'sandbox' for new mods is AnyGameStarter with BaseGame and Seasons. When I fired up CAS with the townie versions of the hide clothes mods, I noticed that some categories of CAS no longer had all of their tabs (i.e. the tops tab might be there, but not the bottoms. I saw that in more than one category.)

Another thing I saw was corrupt CAS thumbnails, which if clicked on, coincided with a floating head with no body.

Not sure if these issues are specific to the AnyGameStarter environment, or conflict with some other mod (don't have many in there), or what, but thought I would mention it.

Thanks

Can you name all of the mods you have? I'm sorry for the glitch, I have never experienced this before. It could be your computer or maybe you have installed too much Custom Content and have caused your game to become glitchy.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hgirl2k
Can you name all of the mods you have? I'm sorry for the glitch, I have never experienced this before. It could be your computer or maybe you have installed too much Custom Content and have caused your game to become glitchy.

I had a handful of default replacement items for eyes, beards, brows, and different types of makeup. Also had a dozen or so sliders currently in there from Bella (brows, chin, eyes, eyebrow, jaw, neck, shoulder) and Bloom (arm twist, body builder, footwidth, leg, shoulder, height).

Had only about a dozen pieces of CC. I change them daily, as I test new things I find to see if I want it in my real game.

Just removed all CC and Mods. Put back in the four townie no base game clothes files.

When I go to formal and sleepwear, the Tops and Bottoms are still missing as tabs.
When I go to Athletic, Top is there but no bottom or outfit option, only top.

As I think about it, I am guessing that - since I have no CC and only seasons loaded in this sandbox along with Base - that must mean there are no options for these tabs, so the tabs are being auto-suppressed. (Which surprises me a bit, but it makes sense, I guess. It might be a feature built into the game engine by default.)

The floating head issue isn't showing up since all other content has been removed. I am guessing some CC outfits must have had basegame GUIDs in them or something like that.

So it's not an issue with your mod, but just some potential issues for people using the mod to be aware of, based on other factors.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 6:24 PM
Really all of the expansion clothes and hair hiders would be great! Thanks for making this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tracylwhipple
Really all of the expansion clothes and hair hiders would be great! Thanks for making this!

I will be doing those after I complete hiding all of the base game clothes. Please view my journal(here) to look at all of my future mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:35 PM
This is awesome! Yes, hair hiders would be really cool. I hate the game hairs!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TimelordGurl
This is awesome! Yes, hair hiders would be really cool. I hate the game hairs!

I already made hair hiders for all genders and ages.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 2:04 PM
A "duplicates" hider would be great. I know EA loves to provide different colors of the same mesh, so a duplicate clothing/accessory/shoe/hair hider would be much appreciated. My game crashes when I try to "Plan Outfit" because there's so much stuff in there, even when I run without mods (my computer is 6 years old).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pheebs284
A "duplicates" hider would be great. I know EA loves to provide different colors of the same mesh, so a duplicate clothing/accessory/shoe/hair hider would be much appreciated. My game crashes when I try to "Plan Outfit" because there's so much stuff in there, even when I run without mods (my computer is 6 years old).

I'm sorry, I do not know how to make mods like that. I can only hide items alltogether. But there is some other mods that do that on this website.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 11:07 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your work !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 2:05 PM
Thank you for great job :-)
Some songs: Laura Palmer (by Bastille (ep. Supernatural dark wave)), Mirrors (by Natalia Kills) Just tonight (by The pretty reckless) or Friends (by Aura Dione)
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:13 PM
This is a great mod thanks! But could you separate the casual and formal part of the mod please? =]
Page 1 of 3