Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom CAS Pet Patterns *6 Year Creator Anniversary*

by Phaenoh Posted 19th Jul 2013 at 7:40 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2013 at 9:04 PM by Phaenoh

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:06 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! She seemed like such a sweet and precious kitty. I really like your download, and the custom coat patterns are lovely.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:14 PM
I'm sorry about your cat! She's adorable.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:37 PM
Having a pet die on you is always hard, and it only gets harder the longer they live. 11 years is no short time to spend with another living being. Good for you that you found a way to make something with your grief

Given the restrictions of Sims I think you did a really good job at making it look like her. The custom fur-patterns are really neat. Thanks for sharing with us, despite how personal the story is
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:03 PM
So sorry for your loss Phaenoh, but I hope you take some comfort in knowing that she isn't in any pain and they never leave you she will always be by your side Beautiful Bootsie, beautiful way to show your appreciation of her. I also want to say Congrats on 6 years,Well Done!!
Banned
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:29 PM
Cool, maybe now I can finally learn how to make my old cat Treasure. She had "eyebrow" markings right above her eyes, very strange.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:34 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Your upload in her memory is beautiful, though!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:40 PM
What a beautiful tribute, Phae! Tears are streaming... Thank you so much for sharing Bootsie and the new coat patterns with us.

Bootsie looks just like my little 'Liza*grrrr* (-girl).
...Who was named after Eliza Dolittle - because she, too, was a "laie-dy" (said in your best Cockney)
'Liza passed away from tummy cancer 14 years ago; and she's still with me everyday. You will never forget Bootsie, or the love you share.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 10:13 PM
My sister had to put down one of her two remaining cats just a couple weeks ago, so I completely understand. Orion & his still living brother Domino were the last of a litter of 4 brothers that I rescued while at work a long time ago at the age of 12 weeks. Orion was 17 when he died. Domino is still purring along at the moment, although his health isn't the greatest.

Anyway, I wanted to take the time to say "I'm sorry" and also "Holy @#$%!!!" because I am absolutely thrilled that you have found a way to get custom pet coats into the game! (WTF was the thinking about that? Did the Maxiods seriously not think that folks might actually want to customize pet coats/etc like we do with everything else in the game? Oi vey!)

Thank you very much for your amazing work (& upcoming tutorial) & again, I am very sorry for your recent loss.

> insert sympathetic wolf-kiss here <
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 10:13 PM
What a pretty little puss Bootsie was. Thank you for sharing your story and Bootsie with us. I know how you're feeling cos I lost my beloved cat, Pepsi, last year to a similar illness, he was 12.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 20th Jul 2013 at 4:08 PM.
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Boots was our family's best (and original) cat, and I've just learned from my mom that they took my littlest sister to the shelter to pick out a new cat. They brought home a new young grey cat for the family, so we are once again, back up to 5 grey cats!

I don't mean to drag us all down today, so let's not be too sad, this is a celebration post after all!

Edit: She says it's 'twany' colored, not grey at all! (That's also what she name her.)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 12:00 AM
Love the pet patterns you've made, Phaenoh
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 3:40 AM
You are a bodyshop wizard!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 8:45 PM
Creativity assuages grief, but nothing fills the cat-shaped hole in your life but another cat. May Twany have many long and happy years, and Bootsie live on in many, many games, pouncing her people and terrorizing parrots!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 12:13 PM
I understand your sadness, I also lost cats that I loved, who also lost the fight against the disease.Your cat was adorable, really beautiful.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 8:51 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard no matter what and it's worse when the younger they are, I think.

The actual patterns are lovely and I'm looking forward to using them. Given how many cats have "eyeliner" in real life (we have three in my immediate family!) you'd think Maxis would have made it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 3:55 AM
She was absolutely beautiful, and thank you so much for these. It's ingenious, and I was wondering if you might be willing to write a tutorial on how you did it? I have a lovely calico who's markings are fantastic, but the game doesn't allow for anything close to them. Thanks so much for sharing these :3
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 3:37 PM
I do intend to write up the tutorial, I've just been swamped with other things right now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM
She is very beautiful!! I can understand your grief....my cats are my children now that my son is grown. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely kitty. I am so sorry for your loss but with her in your Sims games a part of her is still around.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 9:14 PM
this is awesome! i want to thank you so much but my heart is overreacting and now i can't find any words for this! I'll try to make my own fur patterns :) yay!
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 4:02 PM
I've been trying to make my own patterns now and already "converted" the eyeliner for dogs. However, when I edit the textures nothing happens and I still see the eyeliner. Is there some LIFO or anything linked? I can't change the name too. Well I can change the label that appears when moving over the picture but that's all. It would be nice if you'd make a tutorial
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:27 PM
Default Thanks
I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a kitty. I think it's sweet that you created a sim version of your kitty, and I'm hoping these custom marks will help me make a version of my lost kitty, Lilly, who had very similar eyeliner type markings. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:40 AM
Aww, poor Bootsie. I checked out the pics, I love the ones where she's in amongst the plants What a beautiful Kitty. I'm sorry to hear about her passing away, hope you're doing ok. Great download btw. I'm definitely going to use it xx
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 7:53 PM
So sorry to hear about your cat, Phae, I lost my Patch a couple of years ago (and right before Christmas, too) to pancreatic cancer.
Super excited for the tutorial, though, I could never make Sim!Patch because she had this cute little smudge above her lip that just never translated to the game
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:31 AM
At first, thank you for your wonderful work. You really make the game more interesting and colorful. You've said you were thinking about making custom pet eyes. So I want to ask. How about pet collars on custom meshes? In my Download folder I have one dog collar made on nonstandard mesh (I mean the collar with the tag that was made for some ucoz event). I was trying to make my custom collar on its base, but my creating skills are very low, so i failed the task. And it would be so nice to have spiked collars for dogs and pretty bows for cats. I hope you will not think it's impertinent, but if you are interested I could give a link to download the collar i've told about. Maybe you would be able to understand how it was done and make some template or tutorial or even some collars.
In any case, once again thank you for your wonderful work and sorry for my bad english.
Page 1 of 2