Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 5:56 AM
That price tag tho, $999...does it come with a some sort of real-life sim generator?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:01 AM
Sims 1 Sims looked better. :\

Nah I kid. I'm not sure how I feel about these Sims yet. The in-game renders remind me too much of TS3. In fact I wish TS3 Sims looked like these Sims 4 ones do, and then Sims 4 went beyond what we're looking at here. These Sims remind me a bit of the Monkey Island remake. But I don't know...I'll have to wait and see if they grow on me. Seeing them animated would help.
Theorist
#53 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
That price tag tho, $999...does it come with a some sort of real-life sim generator?

Likely a placeholder or them being silly. It is a dev blog/site after all.
Theorist
#54 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I want my sims to be able to wear jeans instead of leather pants all the time. It's not like they're out slaying vampires.

Idk about that. Needs moar buffy IMO.
Alchemist
#55 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Idk about that. Needs moar buffy IMO.

As long as they let Buffy pee, drive, change diapers and eat at a restaurant, I'll be happy.
Instructor
#56 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:56 AM
Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose.

Sounds interesting. But my Sims never like the objects I buy them, even if the asked for it. Unless, it's really expensive. I wonder if you buy the wrong clothes or lamp, they suffer the same kind of trauma as seeing vermin is? Seeing vermin was more emotionally stressful, than losing a loved one...But it may seem that wants and fears are back?

Rich Rewards – Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectables, and unlocking achievements.

So will this be about quests or more like badges? Quests, take away from my plans. But, if they can study, do something in hobby forms, while I'm still in charge, seems more appealing to me.

As for the rocket ship. I assume it's part of the the Military career, and Sims whom are astronauts go to work in it. I don't expect anything more than a Sim gets in it and blast off to work and come back. So, it's probably really noisy!! Cars, I hope will show up, along with bikes and motorcycles.

I don't see a huge difference in appearance of a Sim. I guess more animated than realistic, which is fine. They are hiding the fuglies, I know they are! And I'm fear any of the clothing or hair that looked descent in some those pictures won't be in the game. They're also hiding the stupid haircuts, and the girl with paperboy hat, better have the same style of hair, when she's sleeping or swimming.
But, would to love to see a Sim in action, and seeing their emotions. I curious of all the actions, of course. I haven't seen as far as i could tell any other age group, other than adult. There is one of a elderly man...may be middle age, but had grey hair. He still had a boyish look to him.

So, I'm still on the fence, but curious.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Looks like I was right about the new method of sim sculpting being fixed locations that can only move in fixed directions. Basically same functionality as sliders, but represented in a different way.

This is my impression too. We still have sliders, but the way to access and change them is different now (direct access on the Sim's face and body rather than in a menu). If it's true, then it's a downgrade from the "clay molding" line. PR should really be careful with this kind of trick.

Clay molding = brand new, completely different, very ambitious to design, huge freedom to design Sims = absolute wow.

Sliders on Sims = probably a nice idea, easier and more straightforward to understand and use. Providing there are enough sliders, with a large range of action and good control, this can really be great and a very nice improvement, but it's not a wow moment.

If the PR are honest and accurate, I'll have a positive impression. If they "awesomize" too much the new features (clay molding), I'm left with some disappointment and a negative impression.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 9:03 AM
I really like the hair. It actually seems... real and natural, for both genders unlike The Sims 3, which was overly unrealistic.
(The hair only started getting realistic in later expansion packs).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
To me, this looks like a diner and is most likely a rabbit hole. =(

[EDIT] Ahh, I did not notice the track! But still seems to be an odd object, since you can't see inside the car - the windows are opaque?

They better of listened to us. Im franky sick and tired of crappy rabbit holes.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 9:25 AM
In response to people saying that TS2 looks worse I'm talking about the little things. Look at how smooth those textures and edges are. How natural the lighting looks. How the little details are still in high detail and not smushed together.

In TS3, you zoom in and get crunch, blur, etc, and in those screenshots, I can see how lazy the object meshes are - they're not smooth, they're blocky and very irritatingly low-poly. In TS2, I can zoom in even on basegame objects like the homework, the shampoo bottles on the cheap tub, even on some of the food packaging, and see little things like creases in the pages or barcodes on boxes.

It just feels like they've really stepped down. I refuse to believe that "low-poly" is an art choice. Sure, give us good gameplay, give us good animations, but there is an actual function in Maya and other similar things to smooth out your blocky edges. It just feels so wrong to have a "round" vase with edges.

Sims 2:

Sims 4:

I don't know, I just have a real issue with the blocky, rushed meshes that I can't get past.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#61 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
In TS3, you zoom in and get crunch, blur, etc, and in those screenshots, I can see how lazy the object meshes are - they're not smooth, they're blocky and very irritatingly low-poly. In TS2, I can zoom in even on basegame objects like the homework, the shampoo bottles on the cheap tub, even on some of the food packaging, and see little things like creases in the pages or barcodes on boxes.

In TS3 most of the details were lost because of the way the game rendered them, hece the fuzzy textures in skins, make-up, clothing, objects. From what little I've seen in the TS4 pictures, the small designs on the T-shirts appear quite well defined so hpefully we'll get better textures this time.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#62 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
In TS3 most of the details were lost because of the way the game rendered them, hece the fuzzy textures in skins, make-up, clothing, objects. From what little I've seen in the TS4 pictures, the small designs on the T-shirts appear quite well defined so hpefully we'll get better textures this time.

The Sims 2 on highest graphical settings smashes The Sims 3.
EA and Sims Studio used a bit too much polish and bloom on the graphics. It really ruined the experience and the graphics is what caused TS3 to be so horrendously buggy. The sims 2 still looks better than the sims 3, even to this day.

Put it on highest settings and the best resolution you can, and you will quickly see how detailed, polished and smooth TS2 was compared to TS3.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
The Sims 2 on highest graphical settings smashes The Sims 3.
EA and Sims Studio used a bit too much polish and bloom on the graphics. It really ruined the experience and the graphics is what caused TS3 to be so horrendously buggy. The sims 2 still looks better than the sims 3, even to this day.

Put it on highest settings and the best resolution you can, and you will quickly see how detailed, polished and smooth TS2 was compared to TS3.

Well, then let's hope they used a similar texture rendering application as for TS2. Like I said, some of the small details appeared pretty sharp, so there's hope.
Alchemist
#64 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:12 AM
I'm still disturbed with the making out screenshot. I thought TS3 "toned down" the make out animation... why did they exaggerate it again?

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I'm still disturbed with the making out screenshot. I thought TS3 "toned down" the make out animation... why did they exaggerate it again?

Hope they brought it back lol.
I remember my sims in Sims 2, they would make out on the couch. The chick grabbing the guys butt and him moving all around lol.

Cant do that in Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:43 AM
The UI looks too busy, far busier than the one in Sims 3. Whatever happened to the KISS principle? Got forgotten somewhere?
Theorist
#67 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 1:01 PM
You don't think the hair meshes are "bendable" like the faces, do you? I mean, that could explain their more blocky nature?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#68 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
You don't think the hair meshes are "bendable" like the faces, do you?

In some ways, that would be good. There are many hairs I really like that have some minor, annoying detail that I'd like to "bend" away. But it would make it really hard for CC creators to make new hair meshes.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
The UI looks too busy, far busier than the one in Sims 3. Whatever happened to the KISS principle? Got forgotten somewhere?

I dare say that it's most likely not the finished version we're seeing.
Scholar
#70 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcub
I dare say that it's most likely not the finished version we're seeing.

But didn't they announce a few days ago that they had a finished build to show off? They've got a few months before release to brush up on the cosmetic aspects. Still, I think what they are going to show at the convention will be identical to the released version in terms of gameplay. The UI layout and functionality is probably final.
Instructor
#71 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23

I love love love the kissing and make out sessions in Sims 2!! You can feel that they actually want to do it!

I hope they add even more exciting and steamy kisses.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Inventor
#72 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 1:40 PM
The one thing I undoubtedly like is that bar in the pre-order screen. Not because I intend to pre-order and even less because I like the bar in question but because it means I won't have to add those bloody bars to each and every watering hole any more.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 1:54 PM
I think the trolley is a diner. We used to have one here in town, that sold burgers and hot dogs....
Theorist
#74 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
I love love love the kissing and make out sessions in Sims 2!! You can feel that they actually want to do it!

I hope they add even more exciting and steamy kisses.

I wish they'd add the girl taking her top off animation from the TS2 Trailer.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#75 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 3:38 PM
I'm going to chime in and say I also hate the overuse of bloom effects in the Sims 3. I want to feel like I'm playing a game, not smoking pot. There's no need for hazy, crazy lighting unless it fits the neighborhood theme or weather.

Bloom go boom! Bloom go boom!
Page 3 of 32